Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

wilberforce15

My ass dude. You cannot charge an electric car at my rural American house nor anywhere within 100 miles from here. Again you are speaking in general from where maybe you live.
You can charge at your rural American house.

And your neighbor can charge at his.

You only need a charge if you drive more than, say, 300 miles in a day. How often do you do that?

Non liberal

You only need a charge if you drive more than, say, 300 miles in a day. How often do you do that?
What if you get stuck on the interstate because of an accident in the winter time and have to keep it running for heat? I’ve spent over 20hrs. in a truck twice because of situations like that

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

You have responded less than 1 minute after I have posted. Do you think about what you say before you send it? My electric bill is $200 a month without having to charge my George Jetson car every week. If I looked up Tesla charging stations in my state, the closest one is in Orlando. Over 2 hours away.

wilberforce15

Your overall bill with an electric vehicle would be less than your current gas car + home electric.

You don't need a charging station. You live in a charging station. You only need a charging station if you're on a road trip.

Non liberal

I've explained this 10 times. So, forgive me if it gets old and I'm annoyed.

They mixed build quality with reliability.

Reliability is the ability to get from A to B. Build quality is service visits required to fix door panels that aren't flush or something.

They equated service visits with reliability. It's not. They are the fastest growing manufacturer in the history of cars, ever, so build quality is obviously lacking. That has nothing whatsoever to do with reliability.

You can lock a tesla in a barn for 20 years and it will go where you need to go as soon as you take the tarp off.
They did not say what was causing all the problems. Tesla had 176 complaints out of every 100 vehicles. They were not all for build quality. Compare that to Toyotas 81 complaints out of 100 vehicles.

wilberforce15

They did not say what was causing all the problems. Tesla had 176 complaints out of every 100 vehicles. They were not all for build quality. Compare that to Toyotas 81 complaints out of 100 vehicles.
They're all for build quality. All of them.

There are 0 problem with electric motors. And they never have radiator problems, transmission problems, etc. because they don't have those things.

Non liberal

I leave every day with a full tank. You don't.

My EV will outlast your half tank.
No, because I keep a 5gallon can in my trunk and can walk to the nearest gas station and refill. Your chord won’t stretch that far. Hope you like paying tow bills on top of 500 a month electric bills.

wilberforce15

No, because I keep a 5gallon can in my trunk and can walk to the nearest gas station and refill. Your chord won’t stretch that far. Hope you like paying tow bills on top of 500 a month electric bills.
My full EV still has more stored energy than your tank + 5 gallon spare. I leave full every morning without taking a single detour, or stopping for an errand to pump gas.

I spend, on average, 0 minutes per month filling up.

Non liberal

They're all for build quality. All of them.

There are 0 problem with electric motors. And they never have radiator problems, transmission problems, etc. because they don't have those things.
Nope, they are much heavier vehicles, a lot harder on brakes and braking components as well as tire from all the torque. And of course battery issues are the biggest problem.

Yeet

Your overall bill with an electric vehicle would be less than your current gas car + home electric.

You don't need a charging station. You live in a charging station. You only need a charging station if you're on a road trip.
You’re either drunk as hell or on another level if you can spit 3 posts out in 3 minutes. Calm your tits. Show me where I can plug a standard 3 prong cable into my car without having to retrofit some space age bull* into my home for it to work. Gasoline has worked for over 100 years, sorry I’m not an idiot to jump on the first new fad that comes along and make it my religion.

wilberforce15

Nope, they are much heavier vehicles, a lot harder on brakes and braking components as well as tire from all the torque. And of course battery issues are the biggest problem.
Brakes never need to be replaced on Teslas. They're much easier on brakes, because regenerative breaking redirects energy to the battery instead of being lost in wear and tear on brakes. Very few Tesla owners ever replace brakes. Ever.

You're very confused.

wilberforce15

You’re either drunk as hell or on another level if you can spit 3 posts out in 3 minutes. Calm your tits. Show me where I can plug a standard 3 prong cable into my car without having to retrofit some space age bull* into my home for it to work. Gasoline has worked for over 100 years, sorry I’m not an idiot to jump on the first new fad that comes along and make it my religion.
Yes, I'm sorry, when you spend tens of thousands on a vehicle, I assume a few hundred bucks to have unlimited charging at home for 0 minutes of your time isn't a big deal.

Non liberal

My full EV still has more stored energy than your tank + 5 gallon spare. I leave full every morning without taking a single detour, or stopping for an errand to pump gas.

I spend, on average, 0 minutes per month filling up.
But your still paying to get towed when you run out of power. I’m just saying they’re are alot of issues that nobody really thinks about like when your electricity in your home goes out. What do u do?

Yeet

Yes, I'm sorry, when you spend tens of thousands on a vehicle, I assume a few hundred bucks to have unlimited charging at home for 0 minutes of your time isn't a big deal.
I’m sorry. How much did you pay for your Tesla?

Yeet

40k for the current one. I'm selling it for a slight profit after 2 years of use, because the used market for Teslas is awesome. Unlimited demand.

I have a 60k model Y on the way.
You are 20K in the hole for what I paid. That’s a lot of gas.

Non liberal

Brakes never need to be replaced on Teslas. They're much easier on brakes, because regenerative breaking redirects energy to the battery instead of being lost in wear and tear on brakes. Very few Tesla owners ever replace brakes. Ever.

You're very confused.
No, I read consumer reports and they said they have brake issues.