Global warming

av8torntn

I think that I see a pattern with you. You get your news from MSNBC, thinkprogress, and blogs. You believe in unicorns, fairies, and global warming. I know there's a pattern there I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

MAKAVELI

I think that I see a pattern with you. You get your news from MSNBC, thinkprogress, and blogs. You believe in unicorns, fairies, and global warming. I know there's a pattern there I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
Oh so you believe in fairies too?
That explains why you don't believe in science.

MAKAVELI

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t

- Kevin Trenberth October 12, 2009

Is this you Kevin?
Is it 2009? Could've sworn it was 2014. There is warming if you look at the data instead of republican propaganda.

av8torntn

Is it 2009? Could've sworn it was 2014. There is warming if you look at the data instead of republican propaganda.

There you go again. Running from facts as fast as you can.

" The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid what’s included and what is left out. For the IPCC, we need to know what is relevant and useful for assessing recent and future climate change."

Peter Thorne

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I was in grade school (ages ago) we learned history and geography and just briefly learned about weather and climate. I wonder what the teachers of today are teaching about weather. I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of our local weathermen is a science teacher at a local high school. On the weekend shows he likes to give demonstrations as to how science and weather are related.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
MORELUCK BUTTERFLY
cecropia moth.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
There you go again. Running from facts as fast as you can.

" The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid what’s included and what is left out. For the IPCC, we need to know what is relevant and useful for assessing recent and future climate change."

Peter Thorne
There you go again, being dishonest. No surprise there, when the facts don't fit, change them.

Email Was Actually About Meeting Page Limits. The full email reveals that Overpeck is advising Villalba to edit a lengthy outline down to "0.5 pages of HIGHLY focused and relevant stuff." They are discussing a "Section on Modes of Variability" for the Palaeoclimate chapter of the draft 2007 IPCC report. From Overpeck's email:

I think the hardest, yet most important part, is to boil the section down to 0.5 pages. In looking over your good outline, sent back on Oct. 17 (my delay is due to fatherdom just after this time), you cover ALOT. The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid what's included and what is left out. For the IPCC, we need to know what is relevant and useful for assessing recent and future climate change. Moreover, we have to have solid data - not inconclusive information.

[...]

So, the trick is for you to lead us (Dick, Keith, me - maybe Julie - ENSO expert) to produce 0.5 pages of HIGHLY focused and relevant stuff. Can you take another crack at your outline and then tell us what you need? [Email 4755, 12/16/04]