Global warming

oldngray

nowhere special
Global_temperature_change.png

attribution: NCA
The green band shows how global average temperature would have changed over the last century due to natural forces alone, as simulated by climate models. The blue band shows model simulations of the effects of human and natural forces (including solar and volcanic activity) combined. The black line shows the actual observed global average temperatures. Only with the inclusion of human influences can models reproduce the observed temperature changes. (Figure source: adapted from Huber and Knutti 2012).

"as simulated by climate models" - which have been woefully inaccurate thereby only useful for generating nonsense graphs.

rod

Retired 23 years
The Minneapolis paper had a article in it today ( the study came out of Ca. I believe) about how the "changing weather" is affecting different parts of the country. For the Midwest it said we are experiencing warmer than normal temps and will have a longer growing season. Bull Crap----we are still cold for this time of year--- some of the lakes still have ice on them and I can still find snow piles close to my house.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The Minneapolis paper had a article in it today ( the study came out of Ca. I believe) about how the "changing weather" is affecting different parts of the country. For the Midwest it said we are experiencing warmer than normal temps and will have a longer growing season. Bull Crap----we are still cold for this time of year--- some of the lakes still have ice on them and I can still find snow piles close to my house.
citation please.

roadrunner2012

Troll
This is off topic , but if you look at his first book , he clearly stated that he was born in Kenya .
No, he did not.

Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

roadrunner2012

Troll
Absolutely false, and easily verified. Go here and plug in any data you wish, US or global:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/time-series/global

This is nowhere near the coldest YTD in the 48 states. It's less than 1* cooler and ranks 43rd coldest.

Globally 2014 is 1*friend warmer than the norm, and the 7th warmest on record.

Stop trusting Goddard.
http://thefederalist.com/2014/05/06/climate-change-is-real-too-bad-accurate-climate-models-arent/
Climate-Model-Comparison-1024x921.png

The global warming alarmists aren’t attempting to shut down debate because they’re worried the dissenters are wrong; the alarmists are attempting to shut down debate because they know their models are wrong, and they’d rather nobody focus on that inconvenient little fact.

oldngray, I saved you for last, because your graph looks to be so convincing, except that it's faked. Here's what was done:
SpencerDeception.gif

Read about it here:
http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2014/02/roy-spencers-latest-deceit-and-deception.html

roadrunner2012

Troll
ah, in what year was this "correction " made after how many books were sold ?
It was not in the book.

Try reading aloud, maybe then the words will make sense:
"According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

roadrunner2012

Troll
Posting the same misleading chart from Goddard instead of Watts doesn't prove a thing.
Obviously you also have a problem differentiating 'continental US' from 'global'. The US weather was very cold in the Midwest and East, very warm in the Southwest and West.

GLOBALLY is was a warm January to April.

Goddard and Watts are not reliable for anything, except click bait.