Global warming

av8torntn

I think you need a trip to the Creation Museum. You can ride a T-Rex...just like your ancestors did. Can anyone really be so ignorant?

Don't get mad it's Not my fault that your propaganda doesn't hold up to science. It's so easy to tell you're a loser when you start the name calling.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't get mad it's Not my fault that your propaganda doesn't hold up to science. It's so easy to tell you're a loser when you start the name calling.

I think someone who ignores massive scientific evidence is both a loser and ignorant. There seem to be a lot of you people out there bankrupting our government through your refusal to accept the truth. The world is only 6,000 years old, rocks and dinosaur bones were planted by Satan to make us believe the world is older than it is, and the world is getting colder every day.

av8torntn

I think someone who ignores massive scientific evidence is both a loser and ignorant. There seem to be a lot of you people out there bankrupting our government through your refusal to accept the truth. The world is only 6,000 years old, rocks and dinosaur bones were planted by Satan to make us believe the world is older than it is, and the world is getting colder every day.

Sure but if you really felt that way you wouldn't continue to ignore scientific evidence. Instead the opposite is likely true.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I saw today that Brazil is the most improved in reducing "Climate Change" gases and Indonesia is the worse producer.
Over half of green-house gases are produced by slash-and-burn technique used to clear land around the world.
Burning peat produces 10 times the amount of green-house gases than burning a tree.
Landfills and cows produce as much methane (much worse than carbon dioxide as a green-house gases) as all other sources together.
The news reporters and environmentalists kept saying humans caused the climate change and the scientists kept correcting them that humans contributed to climate change.

BTW, this post is not trying to make a point.
Just some observations from watching the show.

Last edited:

Anyone who believes the world is only 6000 years old has never checked the expiration date on a sandwich bought out of a vending machine.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I saw today that Brazil is the most improved in reducing "Climate Change" gases and Indonesia is the worse producer.
Over half of green-house gases are produced by slash-and-burn technique used to clear land around the world.
Burning peat produces 10 times the amount of green-house gases than burning a tree.
Landfills and cows produce as much methane (much worse than carbon dioxide as a green-house gases) as all other sources together.
The news reporters and environmentalists kept saying humans caused the climate change and the scientists kept correcting them that humans contributed to climate change.
Trying hard to figure out what your point is. That scientists say humans have contributed to, but are not the only cause of climate change? No argument there.

That methane is bad, too? Yes, it's different than CO2, disperses faster, but traps pollutants more effectively than CO2 in the atmosphere, and 60% of all methane is produced by human activity, so what's your point?

This page may help clarify the 'big picture':
http://epa.gov/climatechange/ghgemissions/gases.html

moreluck

golden ticket member
kcxyl3.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
John Cook is an Australian alarmist who a year ago produced a paper purporting to show that 97 per cent of studies supported the "consensus" on man-made global warming. It was eagerly seized on by the left-wing activists who run President Obama's Twitter account, who gleefully tweeted under the name @barackobama "Ninety-seven percent of scientists agree: #climate change is real, man-made and dangerous" - with a link to the paper.

But the paper, in fact, showed nothing of the kind. Recently a researcher named Brandon Shollenberger gained access to some of the data used in Cook's paper and found the statistical methodology to be fatally flawed.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/16/Climate-McCarthyism-the-scandal-grows

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
John Cook is an Australian alarmist who a year ago produced a paper purporting to show that 97 per cent of studies supported the "consensus" on man-made global warming. It was eagerly seized on by the left-wing activists who run President Obama's Twitter account, who gleefully tweeted under the name @barackobama "Ninety-seven percent of scientists agree: #climate change is real, man-made and dangerous" - with a link to the paper.

But the paper, in fact, showed nothing of the kind. Recently a researcher named Brandon Shollenberger gained access to some of the data used in Cook's paper and found the statistical methodology to be fatally flawed.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/16/Climate-McCarthyism-the-scandal-grows

Here's my explanation. Republicans are real, man-made, and dangerous.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
A group of 15 scientists and meteorologists have put forward a scathing rebuttal to the Obama administration’s recent climate report which said the U.S. is already being harmed by global warming.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/16/s...te-house-global-warming-report/#ixzz320BOxnd8
oldngray, do you know who those scientists are?

A quick search for the names at the bottom of that report was very revealing. We have everything from Evangelicals to people who supported tobacco companies, saying smoking wasn't dangerous, to a guy who thinks one of Mars moons is an artificial satellite, members of the Heartland Institute, and part of the Cato Institute's 100 deniers. People on the payroll of Exxon, people who lied about their credentials and people who actually flunked out of meteorology school, yet list it on their resume.

Pick any name of the list, and I'll be happy to tell you more about them. Choose wisely, grasshopper.

oldngray

nowhere special
oldngray, do you know who those scientists are?

A quick search for the names at the bottom of that report was very revealing. We have everything from Evangelicals to people who supported tobacco companies, saying smoking wasn't dangerous, to a guy who thinks one of Mars moons is an artificial satellite, members of the Heartland Institute, and part of the Cato Institute's 100 deniers. People on the payroll of Exxon, people who lied about their credentials and people who actually flunked out of meteorology school, yet list it on their resume.

Pick any name of the list, and I'll be happy to tell you more about them. Choose wisely, grasshopper.

Attack the messenger instead of trying to refute the message again. I would stack any one of them above your experts. Like Bill Nye? Really.

wkmac

Well, you're posting videos of a Boeing mechanical engineer who's an actor on TV whose considered a scientist because of a Disney program.

Just sayin'.