Ground taking over

Gone fishin

I’m not saying accept I’m actively looking for another job not because of job insecurity the people who stay are accepting it. If you want it to change start a union drive.
Too late for a union , should of been done in the 80’s , but Fred kept them happy until he went public and made his money.
To be honest , it almost feels like Fred is putting his own company out of business if he tries to go all contractors.
He knows it won’t work

Lates

The job requires diligence, attention to detail, above average driving skills, customer service and self discipline, among others, all to varying degrees but the average person can’t do it efficiently and those that can won’t do it for peanuts.
Maybe at UPS with fedex just get it to the right address more times than not and don’t wreck and you are good to go. Maybe it use to be different but that’s how it is now.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe at UPS with fedex just get it to the right address more times than not and don’t wreck and you are good to go. Maybe it use to be different but that’s how it is now.
It was that way at Express. I knew many Express drivers and they were all top notch. It’s sad that the employees at FedEx had no union.

yadig

And those guys getting $150 a day will get on social media and brag about doing 138 stops and 243 packages for that $150. Some of them get it done in 6 hours and brag about it being $25 an hour and they're home by 1400 each day. That's their business, and that's fine, but damn. You could go to Express and make that same yearly salary with a 40 hour workweek doing half as many stops, if not fewer, with freight that much lighter. Plus benefits!

Some people aren't meant to be understood. That's all I can make of it.
U can’t fix stupid!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m not saying accept I’m actively looking for another job not because of job insecurity the people who stay are accepting it. If you want it to change start a union drive. I actually believe the opposite and think we should have a four step plan instead of 10. Our senior asked about what I thought would keep employees he then said nah people your age just jump from job to job.
4 steps? Unless you have a timed and fair progression you have nothing. You have Stockholm syndrome if you think you’re ever going to get a defined wage progression without a union.

FedupExpress

No but a topped out employee making 30 an hour is 1200 a week ground contractor in the same area offers 150 a day that’s 750. Add in healthcare , 401k , taxes, and overtime ground is much cheaper. I’m not saying it’s right what they offer but they keep getting employees.
We have a good amount of ground drivers who came over to our station, everyone of them wanted to be at express but they all said it took a long time to get in.

Now. It's even more impossible with Indy Raj's "hiring freeze".

FedupExpress

Exactly, as long as you don't smash anything, get on bad side of a manager, or say something to the wrong person

You got a job at express.

I hear from pretty much everyone they do not care and are simply getting through the day.

I don't believe the company will ever improve especially because of how they treat their employees

Lates

Exactly, as long as you don't smash anything, get on bad side of a manager, or say something to the wrong person

You got a job at express.

I hear from pretty much everyone they do not care and are simply getting through the day.

I don't believe the company will ever improve especially because of how they treat their employees
It won’t improve at all with the changes happening. Seems most bigger stations have employees that have been there 20+ years and then the rest are a never ending cycle of less than five years at the bottom. Why is there so few that make it from 2 years on by that point you have the job down.

Gone fishin

It won’t improve at all with the changes happening. Seems most bigger stations have employees that have been there 20+ years and then the rest are a never ending cycle of less than five years at the bottom. Why is there so few that make it from 2 years on by that point you have the job down.
Because this generation doesn’t like blue collar work. Computers and tech now

Lates

Because this generation doesn’t like blue collar work. Computers and tech now
Pay well offer good benefits and it wouldn’t be an issue. People leave over pay , benefits , and crap management. That’s probably what the generation before said about your generation.

Gone fishin

Pay well offer good benefits and it wouldn’t be an issue. People leave over pay , benefits , and crap management. That’s probably what the generation before said about your generation.
I’m older , our generation was all about working hard , lot of good jobs back then for blue collar.
Sound like my dad now , thanks. Lol