Ground taking over

Serf

Pay well offer good benefits and it wouldn’t be an issue. People leave over pay , benefits , and crap management. That’s probably what the generation before said about your generation.
Import an entire underclass of people from the 2nd and 3rd world like UAE or Saudi Arabia does. Pay them scraps. Eff rank and file heritage Americans. You’re Government actually hates you.

Guitarman01

Even with the possibility of a merger being taken over by corporate and everyone works under the company umbrella, why would i want more work in a much worse truck lacking ac for the same pay? 150 stops on a rural route with fedex combined, are they still going to be sporadic with the step raises? Pretty much anything else besides FedEx would make more sense if that were the case.

MAKAVELI

Not so much , there wasn’t as many hand outs from the government , unemployment didn’t last nearly as long. People were embarrassed to be unemployed more than now. A lot has changed, but we surely had a percentage of losers
Today's generation is just less likely to work for crappy wages while corporations rake in profits. That's not laziness, just smart.

Gone fishin

Today's generation is just less likely to work for crappy wages while corporations rake in profits. That's not laziness, just smart.
Absolutely , getting rid of unions was idiotic and led to the erosion of the middle class. Now we’re in the contractor era , work hard for them and make them rich with no reward.

FedupExpress

It won’t improve at all with the changes happening. Seems most bigger stations have employees that have been there 20+ years and then the rest are a never ending cycle of less than five years at the bottom. Why is there so few that make it from 2 years on by that point you have the job down.
Terrible management and just complete disregard for employees as human beings

Mutineer

Import an entire underclass of people from the 2nd and 3rd world like UAE or Saudi Arabia does. Pay them scraps. Eff rank and file heritage Americans. You’re Government actually hates you.

It was around Y2k I first heard a very far Right group talking about what is now referred to as The Great Replacement.

I rolled my eyes, scoffed at their slogans, and dismissed them as simply a bunch of hateful, inbred lunatics.

Since then I have come to terms with the notion that being a hateful, inbred lunatic does not disqualify a person or group from being correct once in awhile.

Gone fishin

I’m older , our generation was all about working hard
It’s factual because technology somewhat dictates it. When I was younger we had post hole digger’s to set a 100 fence post , now there’s an augur that goes on the back of a tractor.
It’s just not the same

Nolimitz

It’s factual because technology somewhat dictates it. When I was younger we had post hole digger’s to set a 100 fence post , now there’s an augur that goes on the back of a tractor.
It’s just not the same
BS I'm 65 and have used both an auger and manual post hole digger. that has nothing to do with work ethic. I did not have a computer until the mid 80's. horse and plow vs tractor... get real. wagon and horse vs pu truck.

Gone fishin

BS I'm 65 and have used both an auger and manual post hole digger. that has nothing to do with work ethic. I did not have a computer until the mid 80's. horse and plow vs tractor... get real. wagon and horse vs pu truck.
You should know better , go take up asphalt from a street now , it’s a truck that tears it up and dumps it in another. They can do a neighborhood in a day. It has everything with work ethic , jobs got easier in some areas

whenIgetthere

Your generation had the same lazy people as every other generation.
I'm that generation and you are so damn right. Remember two couriers in particular who would roll in between 2000-2100 every single night. Most swings would be in by 1600, even the worst swing would be in by 1800. Management never did a damn thing about it.

Nolimitz

You should know better , go take up asphalt from a street now , it’s a truck that tears it up and dumps it in another. They can do a neighborhood in a day. It has everything with work ethic , jobs got easier in some areas
well duh. that has not to do with work ethic. go get your pick as dig a street. 19th century style

Serf

It was around Y2k I first heard a very far Right group talking about what is now referred to as The Great Replacement.

I rolled my eyes, scoffed at their slogans, and dismissed them as simply a bunch of hateful, inbred lunatics.

Since then I have come to terms with the notion that being a hateful, inbred lunatic does not disqualify a person or group from being correct once in awhile.
I agree with you.

Gone fishin

How is it not? You just said they can do a neighborhood in a day how long would it take the old way? Machines mean less man power needed.
The discussion is about HARD work, not the advancement to make it easier.
Why do you think there’s a need for trade jobs.