Ground taking over

zeev

Actually the denser cities are easier to combine, time commitment freight in rural areas is impossible with the distances you need to cover.

Gone fishin

But also you have to consider the amount of p1 in dense areas. We get many p1 bulks which fill our trucks and here comes that 1030 commit time. Sure it’s doable , but trucks would need to be added , obviously more drivers

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We have 4 freight guys at the ramp and still hiring express drivers. I’m not sure what the plans are?
They certainly aren't letting you know, are they? It would be logical for them to concentrate remaining Express operations, but it seems pretty clear that they have a Master Plan about the locations to be axed and those to be retained.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually the denser cities are easier to combine, time commitment freight in rural areas is impossible with the distances you need to cover.
Not really. In some areas they are looking at moving the commit time from 1030 to 1200. This is how it would work at Express- you have 3 routes that serve a 1030 commit zip (and some surrounding zips) and they don't arrive at their first stop until around 0945. They do decent on 1030 service. Commit time is moved to 1200 and they only launch 2 routes with P1 and another route later with resi P1 and PM stops.

And then it becomes that much easier for Ground contractors to take over that freight.

MAKAVELI

Not really. In some areas they are looking at moving the commit time from 1030 to 1200. This is how it would work at Express- you have 3 routes that serve a 1030 commit zip (and some surrounding zips) and they don't arrive at their first stop until around 0945. They do decent on 1030 service. Commit time is moved to 1200 and they only launch 2 routes with P1 and another route later with resi P1 and PM stops.

And then it becomes that much easier for Ground contractors to take over that freight.
Except when FedEx loses P1 business because UPS still has 10:30 service and makes the time commit.

FedupExpress

Except when FedEx loses P1 business because UPS still has 10:30 service and makes the time commit.
Exactly, I think fedex is biting off more than they can chew.

If the company isn't doing well now, how is complicating it even more going to be better for profit?

Unless they are holding back the master plan... but these bafoons never seem to get anything right

thedownhillEXPRESS

So keep downgrading our service and dialing back the clock 50 years instead of innovating.
Or extort people with FO products I guess.

AB831

So just move the goalposts when your service can’t live up to its promise!

BoxDriver

For years I’ve seen you Express guys constantly complain about late flights and not making service possible. Doesn’t look like you’ve lost all your accounts yet, so how much different will it really be?

Mutineer

So keep downgrading our service and dialing back the clock 50 years instead of innovating.
Or extort people with FO products I guess.

Saying one thing, but doing something else is the oldest business and political trick in the book.

Downgrading the quality of worker-bees and downgrading the service is not a coincidence.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We heard that we were going to lose all kinds of resi P1 business to UPS when we moved commit times from 1030 to 1200 and that didn't happen.

Shippers don't care about it as much you'd like to think they do.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We heard that we were going to lose all kinds of resi P1 business to UPS when we moved commit times from 1030 to 1200 and that didn't happen.

IMHO, shippers are more concerned with cost and consistency.

MAKAVELI

They most certainly do. Why do you think they didn't change the business P1 when they changed the resis?