Ground taking over

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It’s not a narrative , it’s a fact. You must not be a veteran
Well Mr Veteran, the last fact you repeated endlessly for several months after the consolidation was announced was that it would be an integrated network of FedEx employees, like the way UPS operates, and it would work well.

Since it didn’t play out like your brilliant veteran insight and analysis predicted, you’ve done a 180 and now it’s just too much freight when it wasn’t too much freight just a few weeks ago.

Keep trying. I have faith in you.

yadig

Well Mr Veteran, the last fact you repeated endlessly for several months after the consolidation was announced was that it would be an integrated network of FedEx employees, like the way UPS operates, and it would work well.

Since it didn’t play out like your brilliant veteran insight and analysis predicted, you’ve done a 180 and now it’s just too much freight when it wasn’t too much freight just a few weeks ago.

I’m not sure if FedEx knows that it’s gonna work!

Gone fishin

Since it didn’t play out like your brilliant veteran insight and analysis predicted, you’ve done a 180 and now it’s just too much freight

when it wasn’t too much freight just a few weeks ago.

Once again, rook , these are ALL opinions. My opinion is that the company would be better served being employees. Fedex used to be a career , there was pride in the job with quality workers. No one on this board knows anything

Unfortunately I have no faith in you

59 Dano

Once again, rook , these are ALL opinions. My opinion is that the company would be better served being employees. Fedex used to be a career , there was pride in the job with quality workers. No one on this board knows anything

Unfortunately I have no faith in you
Interesting.

You had post after post after post over the last year telling how and why Ground drivers would become FedEx employees, what would happen to the actual contractors, and on and on and on. Then in April, once the ball got rolling on the first set of consolidations, and you began to look silly, you started up with "It's just my opinion and NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING" stuff.

But you called me rook. Wow. Some old guy in a truck called an employee with roughly 20 years of service a rook. WOW I MAY NEVER RECOVER FROM SUCH A BURN!

Gone fishin

Interesting.

You had post after post after post over the last year telling how and why Ground drivers would become FedEx employees, what would happen to the actual contractors, and on and on and on. Then in April, once the ball got rolling on the first set of consolidations, and you began to look silly, you started up with "It's just my opinion and NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING" stuff.

But you called me rook. Wow. Some old guy in a truck called an employee with roughly 20 years of service a rook. WOW I MAY NEVER RECOVER FROM SUCH A BURN!
Once again rook , my opinion , like everyone else’s is my hypothesis or educated guess on what I’ve gathered over the years. The way I see it is the company would be far more successful if everyone was made employees. That’s what I think , you think the other way.
That’s basically how debate’s work , you surround your narrative with points that would favor your opinion.

I’m not 12 , so I don’t say BURN

It will be fine

Once again rook , my opinion , like everyone else’s is my hypothesis or educated guess on what I’ve gathered over the years. The way I see it is the company would be far more successful if everyone was made employees. That’s what I think , you think the other way.
That’s basically how debate’s work , you surround your narrative with points that would favor your opinion.

You’re defining success with service level. Profit says they’ll go the other way.

59 Dano

No, you say rook, which is just as silly.

But keep backpedaling.

Lates

If you really look at it without a biased opinion you’d see which way it’s headed. It is more profitable to go with contractors I don’t think it’s great Idea or like it. The argument over time commitments makes no sense the P1s for each express route would be split over several ground drivers so they could still easily make service once they get use to it. Doesn’t seem any of us are happy about it who goes into a job expecting to be phased out. I joined fedex cause I saw it as a safe option had the same driver for 11 years at my old job and thought that career should be stable turns out it isn’t.

59 Dano

You’re defining success with service level. Profit says they’ll go the other way.
That's exactly right.

There has been no shortage of people who have said over the years that they choose to create lates for various reasons, usually convenience. Then, if there's a late because of Ground or any other reason, they suddenly get religion and "but the cuuuuuuuuustomer!"

The law of diminishing returns is real, and there's a point where additional efforts to make service aren't quite worth the cost.

AB831

The fact that you felt the need to tout how long you've worked there (a feat no one cares about) shows that it really did bother you.

59 Dano

If you really look at it without a biased opinion you’d see which way it’s headed. It is more profitable to go with contractors I don’t think it’s great Idea or like it. The argument over time commitments makes no sense the P1s for each express route would be split over several ground drivers so they could still easily make service once they get use to it.
Exactly. I think it's a good idea even though I don't like it.

Anyone who is being honest about it would think it makes good sense if it wasn't their employer and their job on the line.

Gone fishin

That's exactly right.

There has been no shortage of people who have said over the years that they choose to create lates for various reasons, usually convenience. Then, if there's a late because of Ground or any other reason, they suddenly get religion and "but the cuuuuuuuuustomer!"

The law of diminishing returns is real, and there's a point where additional efforts to make service aren't quite worth the cost.
I agree , I think Raj took over to take the hit for the demise of fedex. Fred is old and has made his generational billions. It looks like a money grab for the hierarchy.
Fedex has been going down hill for years

59 Dano

The fact that you felt the need to tout how long you've worked there (a feat no one cares about) shows that it really did bother you.
No, I just find it funny calling someone "rook." How many years I've been there is a bigger issue to you than it is me, apparently. And agreed, no one cares how long I've been with the company. Thank you for going out of your way to take issue with the fact that I even bothered. Didn't know it was a sensitive issue with you.

I like how you go out of your way to nitpick the most mundane aspects of things I post then accuse me of thinking I'm a big deal.

AB831

I agree , I think Raj took over to take the hit for the demise of fedex. Fred is old and has made his generational billions. It looks like a money grab for the hierarchy.
Fedex has been going down hill for years
That’s exactly what it is. Fat Freddy can’t do the dirty work himself because he’s a benevolent man who loves his workers like family.