Ground taking over

Lates

They most certainly do. Why do you think they didn't change the business P1 when they changed the resis?
The ones who care the most pay for 430 service and expect it by 1030. But really I know many places that would be upset if it was changed to 12 mostly real estate title places and healthcare.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because the excuse then was the explosion of volume during Covid. Now volume is back to pre Covid levels and they want to change business P1 to 12:00. Gtfo!
LOL, you said that moving commit times comes at the expense of volume and you think that any town with a 1030 commit will see P1 volume plummet if it's changed.

Tales From the Sort Belt, Vol 2

MAKAVELI

The ones who care the most pay for 430 service and expect it by 1030. But really I know many places that would be upset if it was changed to 12 mostly real estate title places and healthcare.
And those customers who depend on morning service will go with UPS if FedEx decides to change their service to 12:00.

59 Dano

There's always someone who won't like it, but anyone who thinks there will be this mass loss of volume is on crack. American Title Inc. isn't going to switch to UPS because a handful of small zips (out of thousands) go to 1200 service from 1030.

MAKAVELI

LOL, you said that moving commit times comes at the expense of volume and you think that any town with a 1030 commit will see P1 volume plummet if it's changed.

Tales From the Sort Belt, Vol 2
tumblr_bdf3d4c33b452248b95d515857de567c_4c521499_500.gif

Gone fishin

There's always someone who won't like it, but anyone who thinks there will be this mass loss of volume is on crack. American Title Inc. isn't going to switch to UPS because a handful of small zips (out of thousands) go to 1200 service from 1030.
Anyone that doesn’t think there will be mass lates is incredibly challenged You literally must have started yesterday

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And those customers who depend on morning service will go with UPS if FedEx decides to change their service to 12:00.
Exactly. Dano pretends companies don't care when their package arrives. Let's see....downed assembly lines, critical parts for a broken CNC mill, passports, medicines, and on and on. Yep. None of those people care at all if their package shows up a few hours later. I would choose UPS.

Lates

Probably right they will offset the decrease in volume with the decrease in employees. Whatever make the bottom line look better.

johnnybgood

Could they be counting on veteran Express box mules being freely willing to go over to Ground and work for Ground wages and benefits?......Oh, that's right. They're aren't any benefits . Then again the way things are going the ones who stay at Express aren't going to have any after awhile either.
lol you said "benefits" 😂😂😂

59 Dano

Exactly. Dano pretends companies don't care when their package arrives. Let's see....downed assembly lines, critical parts for a broken CNC mill, passports, medicines, and on and on. Yep. None of those people care at all if their package shows up a few hours later. I would choose UPS.
If a man didn't know any better, he'd think every package Ground delivers is 5 days late and not delivered until the close of business after reading your histrionic nonsense.

59 Dano

late freight is to Fat Freddy what cheeseburgers are to Red Robin
1200 P1's are a lot easier to make.
And SO moving to 1700 is even easier.
Ditto for deferred freight.
But I'm always wrong!
Even when I have direct involvement!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If a man didn't know any better, he'd think every package Ground delivers is 5 days late and not delivered until the close of business after reading your histrionic nonsense.
Nah. They're more like 7-10 days late and probably in a dumpster somewhere.

bacha29

lol you said "benefits" 😂😂😂
And if by chance you noticed, in the second sentence I pointed to the fact that few Ground contractors offer employer funded health and welfare benefit plans and given the ongoing disappearance of Express employee benefits then perhaps there really is an organized and ongoing process by Memphis to prepare soon to be displaced Express employees for life as contractor employees in a far less pleasant and secure workplace environment.

Oh, there will likely be an unfortunate few who fall into that unpleasant little experience but the smart ones will hopefully have planned in a smart and visionary fashion to move ahead not the other way around.