Ground taking over

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Right, that’s why you’re touting it. Because it’s not a big deal to you LOL
Really is a sore spot with you, isn't it? I don't know that I've ever mentioned it in the 10,000 plus messages I've posted here over the years, so yeah, it's just this huge deal and I think everyone needs to know it. You know, I had planned on starting a new thread every single day announcing my service length, but figured the humble brag would be more modest. Has there ever been an employee at FedEx with around 20 years of service? Probably not. Just me.

Old lady not giving you any tonight or something?

AB831

Really is a sore spot with you, isn't it? I don't know that I've ever mentioned it in the 10,000 plus messages I've posted here over the years, so yeah, it's just this huge deal and I think everyone needs to know it. You know, I had planned on starting a new thread every single day announcing my service length, but figured the humble brag would be more modest. Has there ever been an employee at FedEx with around 20 years of service? Probably not. Just me.

Thanks for proving my point.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Knee callouses are a preventable injury.

FedupExpress

If you really look at it without a biased opinion you’d see which way it’s headed. It is more profitable to go with contractors I don’t think it’s great Idea or like it. The argument over time commitments makes no sense the P1s for each express route would be split over several ground drivers so they could still easily make service once they get use to it. Doesn’t seem any of us are happy about it who goes into a job expecting to be phased out. I joined fedex cause I saw it as a safe option had the same driver for 11 years at my old job and thought that career should be stable turns out it isn’t.
Same here, made good friends with an express driver and he recommended as a great career

Now I'm going to be 37 and between a rock and a hard place.

MAKAVELI

If you really look at it without a biased opinion you’d see which way it’s headed. It is more profitable to go with contractors I don’t think it’s great Idea or like it. The argument over time commitments makes no sense the P1s for each express route would be split over several ground drivers so they could still easily make service once they get use to it. Doesn’t seem any of us are happy about it who goes into a job expecting to be phased out. I joined fedex cause I saw it as a safe option had the same driver for 11 years at my old job and thought that career should be stable turns out it isn’t.
There's a reason why they haven't made a total switch as of right now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's still in the experimental stage. They announced the full transition to all employees in Canada because they know it will work.

Lates

Same here, made good friends with an express driver and he recommended as a great career

Now I'm going to be 37 and between a rock and a hard place.
Yeah it ain’t that bad for me been laid off plenty of times before at other jobs always seems to work out. I just feel bad for people who bought in for 20 plus years and will get the rug pulled from under them. I’d just be looking as long as you are working you can be picky taking another job.

Lates

Exactly. I think it's a good idea even though I don't like it.

Anyone who is being honest about it would think it makes good sense if it wasn't their employer and their job on the line.
I’d like it if it went to hourly when combined. They would not even have to change top out lowest market is 29 an hour plenty of people would work for that if it didn’t take 10+ years to get there. But won’t happen they will save so much on benefits alone by shedding hourlies.

Lates

There's a reason why they haven't made a total switch as of right now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's still in the experimental stage. They announced the full transition to all employees in Canada because they know it will work.
That and it takes awhile to build all these new buildings and to go through each market to make the changes. They have to align the zip codes with express and ground we service TN and KY. We lost a lot of our TN stuff since the ground in that area is in our new building kept the KY cause ground there comes from Paducah.

Gone fishin

I’d like it if it went to hourly when combined. They would not even have to change top out lowest market is 29 an hour plenty of people would work for that if it didn’t take 10+ years to get there. But won’t happen they will save so much on benefits alone by shedding hourlies.
You’re right , the new USA , benefits are becoming a thing of the past. Companies save money and people aren’t working because it’s easier to stay home and live off the government.
Country is going to hell in a hand basket. Fedex won’t survive 10 years

Lates

You’re right , the new USA , benefits are becoming a thing of the past. Companies save money and people aren’t working because it’s easier to stay home and live off the government.
Unemployment rate is is 3.7 right now so this argument doesn’t hold up.

Gone fishin

Unemployment rate is is 3.7 right now so this argument doesn’t hold up.
Middle class is about gone , 60 percent of people live paycheck to paycheck , 12 percent live in poverty. Go find a fully staffed restaurant, 3.7 is there because of the pandemic jobs returning.

FedupExpress

I don't think the US is going to survive 10 years let alone fdx

Gone fishin

I have to admit there’s some sarcasm sneaking in

bacha29

The nation has gone from a manufacturing economy to a service economy and now to a technology/innovation economy. lacking the required education and specialized skill set the likely outcome will be an entire segment of the population and chances are a pretty sizeable one at that for whom the economy has no need or place for. The resulting social upheaval could be unprecedented.

Charities would never even begin to be able to meet the increased assistance demands of a sizeable share of the population that did not retire from the economy but rather the economy retired them.....Many of them decades earlier than the normal age.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The nation has gone from a manufacturing economy to a service economy and now to a technology/innovation economy. lacking the required education and specialized skill set the likely outcome will be an entire segment of the population and chances are a pretty sizeable one at that for whom the economy has no need or place for. The resulting social upheaval could be unprecedented.

Charities would never even begin to be able to meet the increased assistance demands of a sizeable share of the population that did not retire from the economy but rather the economy retired them.....Many of them decades earlier than the normal age.
Who are you going to tax in order for your government to support these disenfranchised people?

bacha29

Who are you going to tax in order for your government to support these disenfranchised people?
And what do you propose be done with them? March them four abreast off a cliff into the ocean? Remember, you were part of a generation that was lucky enough to still be able to earn at least a modestly comfortable living working what was by and large a low skill job and compared to the education and skill levels required today and in the future it was definitely a low skill job.

Don't think for a minute that Memphis Fats and Raj The Jackal have not looked at the projected future supply of low skill workers when deciding to off load Express onto Ground. Indications are they believe that there will be enough grunts willing to do the job for less.....And in some parts of the country especially RTW states....a lot less.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And what do you propose be done with them? March them four abreast off a cliff into the ocean? Remember, you were part of a generation that was lucky enough to still be able to earn at least a modestly comfortable living working what was by and large a low skill job and compared to the education and skill levels required today and in the future it was definitely a low skill job.

Don't think for a minute that Memphis Fats and Raj The Jackal have not looked at the projected future supply of low skill workers when deciding to off load Express onto Ground. Indications are they believe that there will be enough grunts willing to do the job for less.....And in some parts of the country especially RTW states....a lot less.
Lucky?

Yes, I was 'lucky' to be born in a time that people were forced to 'work' if they wanted to survive. The fittest not only survived, but prospered. Then the party of envy decided that the government should impose income-sharing in order that everyone could be on equal footing.

Now they wonder where all the income producers are.

They built walls in order to keep what they produced from the parasites.

I learned the lesson that 'The Little Red Hen" taught. And the world was a better place because of that lesson.

Thebrownblob

Lucky?

Yes, I was 'lucky' to be born in a time that people were forced to 'work' if they wanted to survive. The fittest not only survived, but prospered. Then the party of envy decided that the government should impose income-sharing in order that everyone could be on equal footing.

I learned the lesson that 'The Little Red Hen" taught. And the world was a better place because of that lesson.
If what @bacha29 says is true I wonder what the plan is for the people that “elites” think are unnecessary 🤔. I’m sure the plan is take good care of them in this brave New World😉.

bacha29

Lucky?

Let me try again. You were born and worked at a time when the jobs that matched the skill level of the average American worker were still in adequate supply. Those days are gone Today if you were to look at education and specialized job skill requirements set forth in the better paying job offers you would clearly see that they are much higher than in past years and acquiring that education and skills requires higher level of raw intelligence that in the past.

For the average student with average intellect the challenges going forward are likely to be much more difficult.

For many it's not a case of being lazy as many allege but rather simply not being smart enough.