Ground taking over

Lates

There's literally so many side hustles these days, much of them cash under the table, that the youth don't need those crappy low paying jobs.
Yep my nephew sells on eBay and is in high school making way more than I did at his age. He puts the time in finding the items.

Gone fishin

So do most of the envelopes we deliver. I don’t get saying a job that is different is easier. They each have their own struggles.
Cmon man , you’re not a child. I’m simply saying there’s different levels. Pouring concrete to feeding fish at a pet store. You get it

Guitarman01

I think becoming more efficient and profitable also requires a sustainable work force. People that you can rely on day in and day out. Especially when it comes to service. I just Don't see the contractor model as a logical solution in that regard. You are going to have to pay people what you expect of them. It would be the equivalent of buying cheap building materials for a house or cheap parts for a car. It might seem like a good idea at the time, but it's going to come back to bite you trying to cut too many corners.

Lates

Cmon man , you’re not a child. I’m simply saying there’s different levels. Pouring concrete to feeding fish at a pet store. You get it
I understand different levels I’m just saying low paying jobs aren’t being filled for a reason why would someone take it when they can make more elsewhere.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep my nephew sells on eBay and is in high school making way more than I did at his age. He puts the time in finding the items.
eBay sales are now reported as a 1099 above $600 per year, so that side hustle is far less attractive than it used to be. That, plus their ever increasing fees. I occasionally buy/sell an obscure collectible, so I know the hard way.

bacha29

Not true. The wealth would remain in said counties and the people would be just fine.
And the Native Americans would have been quite happy if that had occurred. Instead the Europeans and Spaniards just showed up on the shores of whether the Native Americans wanted them there or not. They were stuck with them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And the Native Americans would have been quite happy if that had occurred. Instead the Europeans and Spaniards just showed up on the shores of whether the Native Americans wanted them there or not. They were stuck with them.
Damned Europeans interrupted their killing each other for territory and women.

How gauche.

whenIgetthere

eBay sales are now reported as a 1099 above $600 per year, so that side hustle is far less attractive than it used to be. That, plus their ever increasing fees. I occasionally buy/sell an obscure collectible, so I know the hard way.
Used to sell on ebay ten years ago, fees got ridiculous.