Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

wilberforce15

Brandon Lee was killed by a bullet fragment that has became lodges in the barrel of a prop gun. Actors on a set rely on a team of personal for costumes, props, lighting, and a host of other operations. Haven't you seen the credits at the end of a movie. The actor is concern about their performance and not whether a light fixture is secured, a car's emergency brake is on, a horse properly drugged and trained, or is handed prop gun and is told its been cleared.
Don't care.

A gun in the hand makes one responsible for the gun.

bacha29

This is what I'm talking about. You guys are all very interested in details that don't matter.

If a gun is in your possession, you are fully responsible for all outcomes. Period.
And which details matter to you? Obviously it's only the few that might support your own conspiracy theories surrounding the matter.

bacha29

Brandon Lee was killed by a bullet fragment that has became lodges in the barrel of a prop gun. Actors on a set rely on a team of personal for costumes, props, lighting, and a host of other operations. Haven't you seen the credits at the end of a movie. The actor is concern about their performance and not whether a light fixture is secured, a car's emergency brake is on, a horse is properly drugged and trained, or is handed prop gun and is told its been cleared.
What Mr. Wilberforce 15 doesn't understand is the sheer size of the number of people and third party contracted engineers and service providers required for a film production .
Now if Clint Eastwood or John Wayne or some other gun nut's celluloid hero had fired the weapon Mr. Wilberforce 15 would be throwing up every excuse he could think of in an effort to absolve them of the guilt he's trying to hang onto Baldwin.

wilberforce15

What Mr. Wilberforce 15 doesn't understand is the sheer size of the number of people and third party contracted engineers and service providers required for a film production .
Now if Clint Eastwood or John Wayne or some other gun nut's celluloid hero had fired the weapon Mr. Wilberforce 15 would be throwing up every excuse he could think of in an effort to absolve them of the guilt he's trying to hang onto Baldwin.
They can be at fault too.

But the one with the gun is always at fault. That's how weapons work. If you have one, it's on you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
These left wingers are desperate to defend Baldwin because he played Trump on SNL and they think that's why he's getting criticized for shooting two people.

Trump really owns every part of their minds.

PT Car Washer

These left wingers are desperate to defend Baldwin because he played Trump on SNL and they think that's why he's getting criticized for shooting two people.

Trump really owns every part of their minds.
You and your radical friends are the ones making something political out of a tragic accident. A lot of us normal Americans never even considered him playing trump on a late night comedy show (not very funny) as a political attack. Dana Carvey impersonated George Bush and the President loved it. Invited him to the White House.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You and your radical friends are the ones making something political out of a tragic accident. A lot of us normal Americans never even considered him playing trump on a late night comedy show (not very funny) as a political attack. Dana Carvey impersonated George Bush and the President loved it. Invited him to the White House.
I see that my accurate analysis of your desperation to defend a fellow TDS sufferer struck a nerve.

wilberforce15

Cheney should've been prosecuted.
Baldwin should be prosecuted.
Random dads with dead 5 year old kids who found guns in the house and pulled a trigger should be prosecuted.

I'm completely apolitical on this.

There are no accidents. There is only negligence.

El Correcto

god is dead
Cheney should've been prosecuted.
Baldwin should be prosecuted.
Random dads with dead 5 year old kids who found guns in the house and pulled a trigger should be prosecuted.

I'm completely apolitical on this.

There are no accidents. There is only negligence.
I don’t have all the details. What makes the actor responsible in this scenario?

wilberforce15

I don’t have all the details. What makes the actor responsible in this scenario?
He was holding a gun that killed somebody.

That makes it his fault.

Unless this is a 1 in 100 million type of scenario where guns have a magical defect that sends a bullet flying without a trigger pull, it's his fault and he owns it all.

El Correcto

god is dead
He was holding a gun that killed somebody.

That makes it his fault.

Unless this is a 1 in 100 million type of scenario where guns have a magical defect that sends a bullet flying without a trigger pull, it's his fault and he owns it all.
So you don’t have all the facts either and are trolling.

I’m open to hear the case of why an actor who shoots someone on set should be put away for manslaughter, murder etc.. but that’s not a convincing argument with the amount of mitigating circumstances the actor probably has in their favor. You got a high bar to clear imo if you gonna try to send this man to prison.

wilberforce15

So you don’t have all the facts either and are trolling.

I’m open to hear the case of why an actor who shoots someone on set should be put away for manslaughter, murder etc.. but that’s not a convincing argument with the amount of mitigating circumstances the actor probably has in their favor. You got a high bar to clear imo if you gonna try to send this man to prison.
There are no details that could possibly matter. That's the thing about responsibility. If you are holding a gun, whatever happens with it is your fault.

Unless he can show the gun has some impossible flaw that makes it fire without a trigger pull, it's his fault. The trigger was pulled. That trigger pull killed someone. Case closed.

There are no possible mitigating circumstances. It doesn't matter who told him anything. It doesn't matter whose job was to do what. Nothign matters. The one with the gun is ultimately responsible.

El Correcto

god is dead
Unless he can show the gun has some impossible flaw that makes it fire without a trigger pull, it's his fault. The trigger was pulled. That trigger pull killed someone. Case closed.
No it’s not that simple when it happens on set with a “prop” gun.
I don’t have all the facts, so I can’t say if the man deserves to go to prison. But if a company hands an actor a gun they cleared as safe for the scene and he ends up busting a live round in someone that is the companies fault, that is the prop guy’s fault. It’s a mitigating factor.

Now if he was just goofing around with the gun off scene twirling it or being a dumb :censored2: before it was cleared for the set then yes the guy absolutely deserves a bit of prison time for taking someone’s mother out of this world in a negligent manner.

bacha29

They can be at fault too.

But the one with the gun is always at fault. That's how weapons work. If you have one, it's on you.
When there's a kid involved the common practice is to reach a monetary settlement that will go to take care of the kid based on the parent's future earnings. I think there will be something along those lines with regard to this incident as well.

As far as criminal charges are concerned....get back to me on that one....right after you've passed the California bar exam.