guns

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought every president gets that automatically.
Does he really have to make a big deal out of it and sign it into law?
From the article:
The legislation, crafted by Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, rolls back a mid-1990s law that imposed a 10-year limit on Secret Service protection for former presidents. Bush would have been the first former commander in chief affected.

Well, that's how it's done in Chicago - people make a small fortune off private gun sales there.
They ("resonsible and qualiffied" people) simply head out of the city, buy them legally, and resell them privately for a profit.

Just like selling booze to under aged adults, but that's actually illegal, private gun sales aren't !

When you're experience with Chicago is something more than what you google then you can comment. An opinion from an admitted smuggler isn't worth it's weight in hot dogs and childrens trinkets.

island1fox

:dissapointed:Warning !! Warning !!

For all of the Obama voters that believe they should have the right to keep and bear arms.

The Supreme Court will in all probability have a few vacancies in the next four years.

Do you honestly believe a LIBERAL Supreme Court will see the Second Amendment as it is interpreted today ???

I think not. Elections do have unseen onsequences.

Only reason old joe and Barack are moving so slowly is because of the recent rulings of the PRESENT Supreme court.:sick: It was a 5-4 decision.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
:dissapointed:Warning !! Warning !!

For all of the Obama voters that believe they should have the right to keep and bear arms.

The Supreme Court will in all probability have a few vacancies in the next four years.

Do you honestly believe a LIBERAL Supreme Court will see the Second Amendment as it is interpreted today ???

I think not. Elections do have unseen onsequences.

Only reason old joe and Barack are moving so slowly is because of the recent rulings of the PRESENT Supreme court.:sick: It was a 5-4 decision.
You're too late Island, it's gonna be just like that 2016 movie...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Might even make you feel better if you sold it to someone that will use it for a mass shooting/killing.

The guy I sold the rifle to showed me a concealed handgun license, which means he has already undergone an NCIS background check, training class, fingerprinting etc. I wont sell a gun to someone I dont know unless they have a carry permit ( also known as a "good guy card") or are a member of my gun club who already owns other firearms. This guy was legally carrying a Glock 23 concealed and he had an AR-15 in the trunk of his car, so if he was planning on a massacre he didnt need my AK to do it with.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ah, hypocrisy.

Via Fox Nation:
The NBC Sports Network, a subsidiary of the communications giant Comcast, is helping to sponsor the largest gun trade show in the country despite anti-gun rhetoric on the NBC family of television networks, including a controversial monologue by one of its sports announcers.

NBC Sports is listed as one of the primary sponsors of the 2013 SHOT Show, which takes place Jan. 15 to18 in Las Vegas and bills itself “the world’s premier exposition of combined firearms.”

NBC commentator Bob Costas made national headlines when he launched into a pro-gun control speech during halftime at a December football game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys.

The speech came in the wake of a tragic murder-suicide by Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Robbery victim wants to thank Good Samaritans who came to his rescue[/h]HOUSTON -- A couple of strangers came to the rescue when a man was robbed at gunpoint. Now, the victim wants to say thank you to the Good Samaritans.
The victim in this case had just walked back to his car from a bar around the corner.
Kevin Dorsey says he hadn’t even closed his car door Thursday night when a man wearing all black and a ski mask put a gun to his chest. The man took Dorsey’s wallet, cell phone and car keys.
After he was robbed, Dorsey began running down the street and says two men in a Mercedes asked him what had happened.
Dorsey told them and they not only caught up with the suspect, but they started shooting at him.
The suspect fired back. In the end, the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy.
“I don’t believe in guns,” said Dorsey. “I don’t own a gun. I’m totally at the mercy of my saviors. They obviously sent two angels to help me. These people protected me when I couldn’t protect myself.”
After the robber had been shot, police say he jumped over a fence and was attacked by a German Shepherd. That attack prevented him from getting away.
The suspect, identified as Christopher Hutchins, is being treated at Ben Taub Hospital. He’s expected to recover.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]EXCLUSIVE: Loaded Revolutionary War-Era Cannon Found In Central Park[/h]NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A dangerous and historic discovery was made in Central Park on Friday afternoon.
The loaded artillery piece was one of two Revolutionary War-era cannons being stored at the park’s Ramble shed near the 79th Street transverse. Preservation workers for the Central Park Conservancy called police about mid-day after opening up the capped cannon for cleaning.
The NYPD released a picture of what its officers found: more than 800 grams of black powder still capable of firing, along with cotton wadding and a cannonball .
For John Moore, who is working on a book called “The Secrets of Central Park,” this is a new one.
“This is an amazing surprise. It was there for so many years and people were sitting on it when it was a loaded cannon,” Moore said.
That’s right: the loaded cannon was on public display from the 1860s until 1996 when the Conservancy decided to bring it indoors to protect it from vandalism. It was donated to the park about the time of the Civil War.
In fairness, it never occurred to anyone that the cannon, which is said to be at least 233 years old, would still pose a threat. The field piece was already more than 90 years old when it was donated to the park, apparently by someone who’d salvaged it from a sunken British frigate in the East River. It was put on display at the park, and capped with concrete. No one even considered the possibility that British sailors had loaded and sealed it before their ship went down.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN)

The shooting happened inside the pharmacy on Almond and Emily Way around 6:30 pm.
The pharmacy owner Bryan Lee said he left the back door of his store unlocked for a customer stopping by after business hours. Shortly after the customer left, Lee said two men in ski-masks barged in through the back door and started shooting.
"It was not a robbery so much as an execution," Lee said. "It was an attempted assassination, they didn't make any demands, they simply came in, reached over, and it was basically shooting us almost in the back of the head.They shot my mother and almost shot me, I was just surrounded by holes." Lee grabbed a gun and started shooting at one of the two suspects

Police Chief Steve Frazier said he had information that the suspect was shot in the face, in the torso, and then once in the leg.
Frazier said the suspect, 31-year-old Aquilla Bailey, fell to the floor, and then managed to run out of the store and down the block before collapsing. Bailey later died at the hospital .
Authorities said the suspect who died was a known gang member from Fresno. Officers were searching the Fresno area for the other suspect and hope to make an arrest very soon. The second suspect was not armed but will still face murder charges.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=3]Django.WhiteHut.gov Petition to outlaw guns around pResident needs 7,449 more signatures[/h]If gun-free zones make people safe, then why don’t we declare the immediate vicinity of the President and Vice-President to be gun-free zones and send the Secret Service home? Or are gun-free zones good enough for our kids, but not good enough for our overlords? It is the height of arrogance and hypocrisy for politicians to surround themselves with armed guards while insisting that our children be soft targets. There are 10 more days to get the required number of signatures on the petition.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]MSNBC’s Ed Schultz’s Latest: We’ve Never Had a Civilian Stop a Shooting[/h]
Via Newsbusters:
The hits keep coming from libtalker Ed Schultz, who’s kicking off the new year on a roll.
First week into 2013, Schultz insisted that Bill Clinton was never tried in the Senate after he was impeached by the House. Schultz followed with the laughable claim that gun laws in Chicago, a city with some of the nation’s toughest restrictions on firearms, “don’t even exist.

Schultz is tripling down on his ignorance, making an egregiously false claim on his radio show yesterday while talking about whether schools should allow teachers to arm themselves (h/t for embedded audio clip, Brian Maloney at mrctv.org) –

“Would it be a deterrent if, you know, say perpetrators know that there’s guns in the schools? How do we know they wouldn’t view that as a challenge? I mean, we got a goofy world out there. I’m just not convinced that packing a small firearm is the best defense or certainly not the best defense. You know, you want to make the best defense? Make the school a damn fortress. I mean, you could do that, I mean but, is that reasonable? Is that the right thing to do? Is it necessary? And so I’m just, is it nec-, haven’t we had enough school shootings where this is necessary? We’ve never had a civilian stop a shooting.”

Is it too much to expect that people who work in news will pay attention to it? (Correction: Schultz works at MSNBC and also has his own radio show.)

The scenario Schultz claims has “never” happened occurred at least twice in the last month, the most recent of many examples that can be cited.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Call to Decision
And you think this can not happen in the United States? This is the Capitol of our country, every Citizen should be ashamed of our lawmakers.
Just wait it will get worse.

ELIZABETHTON ó For the rest of his life Pastor William Duncan of Caldwell Springs Baptist Church will remember the Fourth of July as the day he lost his freedom.
ìI learned our freedoms can be taken away in a heartbeat,î the 64-year-old Duncan said of the ordeal he encountered in Washington, D.C., when he was arrested in front of his shocked family and forced to spend last monthís Fourth of July weekend in the cityís jails.
The nightmare for the entire Duncan Family began with a trip to the nationís capital to celebrate Independence Day and enjoy the spectacular fireworks show on the Mall.
Duncan had been to Washington a few times in the past but his wife, Carolyn, had never been there. Accompanying them were their daughter, son-in-law and his 4-year-old granddaughter and 9-month-old grandson. Duncanís daughter is a police officer, and her husband is a federal agent.
The familyís ordeal began when they reached the hotelís parking garage, which is shared with a Federal Emergency Management Agency building. A security guard at the parking garage entrance asked if Duncan had any weapons. Duncan said he carried two Smith and Wesson pistols under his seat.
Unaware that his Tennessee handgun carry permit was not valid in the District of Columbia, Duncan was surprised when police were called. He was even more surprised by the belligerent attitude of the officer in charge. Surprise became shock when federal agents and a Special Weapons and Tactics team arrived. The street in front of the hotel was blocked off.
ìIt looked like the middle of New York City and they had just arrested Osama bin Laden,î Duncan said. Duncanís federal agent son-in-law attempted to help him. He identified himself and explained the family was in town to celebrate Independence Day and that Duncan was a Baptist preacher and not a terrorist.
Soon the federal officers were satisfied there was no threat and left. The hotel security people said they did not have a problem and offered to store Duncanís guns in the hotel safe during his stay. Most of the police also seemed satisfied that Duncan was not a threat. The one exception was the officer in charge.
ìYou know what you have done, you will have to go to jail,î the officer told him.
At the police station, the officer grilled Duncan about the reason for carrying two big guns.
ìI told them I have arthritis and two bad shoulders. If someone attacked my family there was no other way I could protect them,î Duncan said.
The officer said he did not think it was likely anyone would attack him or his family. Duncan then told them the story of the Lillelid Family, who were traveling to a Jehovahís Witness convention in Johnson City in 1997 when the four members of the family were shot at a rest stop. Only the 2-year-old son survived the shootings and he was left orphaned and permanently disabled.
ìWhat would happen if someone like those thugs attack me and my family? The Lord said a man who wonít protect his family is worse than an infidel,î Duncan said.

bbsam

Staff member
You gotta the law, don't you? If my brother from Seattle showed up in Illinois with a stash of pot, would he be treated any differently? That the reverend is concerned for his safety is understandable, but not an excuse for breaking the law. So in knowing the law he can decide whether or not it is worth the perceived risk.

You gotta the law, don't you? If my brother from Seattle showed up in Illinois with a stash of pot, would he be treated any differently? That the reverend is concerned for his safety is understandable, but not an excuse for breaking the law. So in knowing the law he can decide whether or not it is worth the perceived risk.

Depends, the reverend was being honest in his disclosure and made an honest mistake ( his responsibility entirely ) about the carry law in DC.

Now, if your brother is asked by a guard at a hotel if he has any drugs ( illegal pretty much everywhere , medical and new minimum possession laws aside ) any he is dumb enough to say yes then of course he would be dealt with appropriately.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

✓ bbsam "gotta" learn how to spell.

✓ Waiting on "brother" to show up with the dope. Stash of pot.

✓ Waiting on "brother" to show up with the dope.... Still waiting....