guns

bbsam

Staff member
Depends, the reverend was being honest in his disclosure and made an honest mistake ( his responsibility entirely ) about the carry law in DC.

Now, if your brother is asked by a guard at a hotel if he has any drugs ( illegal pretty much everywhere , medical and new minimum possession laws aside ) any he is dumb enough to say yes then of course he would be dealt with appropriately.
Simple point is that if you are going to carry, you have to know the law of the land you intend to carry in. Would the reverend had decided not to go to DC because it would have been to dangerous without the guns?

Simple point is that if you are going to carry, you have to know the law of the land you intend to carry in. Would the reverend had decided not to go to DC because it would have been to dangerous without the guns?

Do you have any idea ( self proclaimed no ) of how gun ordinances can vary? There are towns in IL that have ordinances completely contradicting every town surrounding them. You can be on the highway legally carrying a firearm according to the state, pass through the town limits suddenly becoming illegal, and then legal again as you exit the town. One should detour off the highway if they know the difference in ordinances? Or they're criminals if they pass through unaware?
If someone is going to a destination then yes know the laws if you're taking a gun with you. Going to a destination and passing through places you're not even going to know the names of much less stop there and know the particulars of what their gun ordinances are? Doubtful.

bbsam

Staff member
Cash. Bet one could google the ordinances if one wanted to. Not that damn hard. Part of responsible ownership.

Cash. Bet one could google the ordinances if one wanted to. Not that damn hard. Part of responsible ownership.
Sure. I'm driving to CA but I'm going to take a 100 mile detour off I-80 because Bumblefuch IA has an ordinance against anything over a 15 shot magazine and mine has 20. If I'm not stopping, I'm not googling. There is a standard transportation method that is accepted. Gun away from immediate reach by driver, unloaded, secured. If you follow that and get pulled over almost everywhere and are open and honest with the police they'll deal with your infraction and send you on your way, making you aware of the local ordinance. Get stupid and suffer the consequences.

So are you advocating a set of national gun laws?

Consistent, fair to gun owners? Why not? Be a lot less trouble.

And DC was the reverend's destination so the "passing through" argument really doesn't apply here.

And I have stated previously he should have known better.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He's in MA, not Chicago.

A 13-year-old who police said was an innocent victim was shot in the stomach Friday night on a Roxbury street while walking to church for choir practice, was found lying in a crosswalk, bleeding. Just two block away from home , around 7 pm.
Four shots were fired by someone driving by.

over9five

Staff member
A 13-year-old who police said was an innocent victim was shot in the stomach Friday night on a Roxbury street while walking to church for choir practice, was found lying in a crosswalk, bleeding. Just two block away from home , around 7 pm.
Four shots were fired by someone driving by.
I would have been carrying light if I had been going to Roxbury!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ya know wkmac , my doc put me on these pills & if I have an suicide ideas I'm suppose to tell him.
So far the only person (s) I wish to kill have been idiots who come into the Customer Counter thinking I can solve all their problems .