guns

oldngray

nowhere special
A closer examination of the photo does reveal that her finger is not on the trigger and it is entirely possible that she is merely trying to use the rifle scope as a spotting scope to look at something, and not understanding that a rifle scope has a lot more eye relief than a telescope or a pair of binoculars. Plus, I cant tell for sure but it loks to me like she is holding an air rifle, not a regular gun.

I also thought air rifle.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Big union guy,

Thank you --call me a dirty old man --but the female body is beautiful.

Just make sure.... to check the expiration date. They have a shelf life.

2ln786u.jpg

Now.... Back to our regular programing.

zushah.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Pawn shops caught in the middle of Colorado’s new magazine ban[/h]
One day into the Colorado ban on magazines that hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition, pawn shop owners have discovered the first unintended consequence of the new law — people who’ve pawned weapons with now-outlawed 30-round magazines can’t get the magazines back, even if they pay off their pawnshop loans.
Under Colorado law, when customers pawn items, they transfer ownership to the pawn broker in exchange for the right of first refusal to buy them back under the terms of the pawn agreement.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'd have to check the law, but usually things are grandfathered in, which means the pawn shops have a bunch of magazines they're allowed to own, but not sell. So either the owners of the pawn are able to keep them or they must be scrapped because they're otherwise worthless to the pawn business.

Kinda sucks for those that pawned and the pawn shops. I'd hate to have put money out for something I'm not able to return, and I'd also hate to have used something as collateral in a loan that I'd never be able to get back.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'd have to check the law, but usually things are grandfathered in, which means the pawn shops have a bunch of magazines they're allowed to own, but not sell. So either the owners of the pawn are able to keep them or they must be scrapped because they're otherwise worthless to the pawn business.

Kinda sucks for those that pawned and the pawn shops. I'd hate to have put money out for something I'm not able to return, and I'd also hate to have used something as collateral in a loan that I'd never be able to get back.

If you pawned a magazine you are still the owner until you default on the loan so you should be able to reclaim your magazines from the pawn shop.

Nimnim

The Nim
If you pawned a magazine you are still the owner until you default on the loan so you should be able to reclaim your magazines from the pawn shop.

Great if that's how the law works, but I'll have my reservations until I have time to read the law myself. I wouldn't put it past some lawmaker to sneak something in to prevent this.

oldngray

nowhere special
Great if that's how the law works, but I'll have my reservations until I have time to read the law myself. I wouldn't put it past some lawmaker to sneak something in to prevent this.

The law is that way if you pawn a gun so I would think a magazine would be the same way.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Under Colorado law, when customers pawn items, they transfer ownership to the pawn broker in exchange for the right of first refusal to buy them back under the terms of the pawn agreement.
As of Monday, it’s illegal to buy magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, leaving some pawn brokers with dozens of magazines that they can’t sell or give away — or return to their original owners.

oldngray

nowhere special
As of Monday, it’s illegal to buy magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, leaving some pawn brokers with dozens of magazines that they can’t sell or give away — or return to their original owners.

More benefits of a poorly written law that was rushed into effect.

UPS Lifer

Sounds like an issue that may get tested in court.