guns

bbsam

Staff member
You mention the "media" but Zimmerman played up to the right wing media as well. This notion of a left wing media is silly. Just go ask a fed exer who wants to unionize and see what kind of media help they get.

brett636

You mention the "media" but Zimmerman played up to the right wing media as well. This notion of a left wing media is silly. Just go ask a fed exer who wants to unionize and see what kind of media help they get.

Apples and Oranges. You've bought the main stream media's explanation a long time ago on this matter, and refuse to listen to any new reason or facts which have proved otherwise to a jury of Zimmerman's peers.

bbsam

Staff member
Apples and Oranges. You've bought the main stream media's explanation a long time ago on this matter, and refuse to listen to any new reason or facts which have proved otherwise to a jury of Zimmerman's peers.
to the contrary. I accept fully the outcome of the trial and think such laws should be overturned. Others disagree.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Woopsy. This jerk makes all law abiding gun owners look bad, but the irony is pretty darn hysterical.

(Reuters) - A Tennessee lawmaker who sponsored a law allowing handguns in bars has stepped down as chairman of a state firearms task force after being charged with driving under the influence with a loaded gun in his car

ctodd_11.jpg
ctodd_11.jpg

over9five

Staff member

Shouldn't the real issue be that this man was driving drunk? I don't see what the gun has to do with anything.
​It's the left wing media clouding the real issue, as always.

brett636

What laws do you want overturned ?

Since bbsam hasn't replied yet I will for him. He wants all self defense laws stripped from the books along with concealed carry permits and the right to own a gun at all. In fact he believes its better to let a local thug beat your head into concrete for no reason other than his own personal pleasure than for you to have the means to put said local thug 6 feet underground where he belongs.

bbsam

Staff member
Incorrect. Any law that allows an individual to KILL the ONLY OTHER POSSIBLE WITNESS to walk within hours is suspect to me. The shooter has a vested interest in lying to authorities. Also, it should absolutely be the duty of someone in Zimmermans situation to retreat and let authorities handle the report. But "they always get away".

bbsam

Staff member
Brett--

don't speak for me. You do not have my experiences and cannot know my views. I understand you want to pigeonhole me with Pelosi and others you think are "coming to get your guns". It's simply not true. I respect your right to hold your paranoia in whatever esteem you so choose. You do not, however, speak for me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
RE: Teens charged in killing Aussie student........

I really don't like the lady who was trying to make excuses for these teens on The Five today.(a blonde I've never seen on there before (not Dana))

She said maybe "bored" was the wrong word to use.....it's because they had nothing productive to do.
I'm sorry, but it's my understanding that "bored" was the word used by the teens in their questioning session with police.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Incorrect. Any law that allows an individual to KILL the ONLY OTHER POSSIBLE WITNESS to walk within hours is suspect to me. The shooter has a vested interest in lying to authorities. Also, it should absolutely be the duty of someone in Zimmermans situation to retreat and let authorities handle the report. But "they always get away".

I always find it hard to retreat while some one is slamming my head against the side walk .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Since bbsam hasn't replied yet I will for him. He wants all self defense laws stripped from the books along with concealed carry permits and the right to own a gun at all. In fact he believes its better to let a local thug beat your head into concrete for no reason other than his own personal pleasure than for you to have the means to put said local thug 6 feet underground where he belongs.

I want to overturn all conceal carry laws too. In Tn, we are issued 'handgun carry permits', not 'conceal carry'. I can open carry if I damn well please.

island1fox

bbsam,

Please do not let facts get in your way --you were not there --neither was I .

Fact: FOUR MINUTE phone call with the Police --not travon --he was on the phone with his girlfriend. Trayvon had more than enough time to "walk away" when Zimmerman was on the phone and getting the exact address to give to the police.

The testimony --which neither one of us can prove --is that after Zimmerman was told to back off --he was walking back to his car --when he claims he was attacked by Trayvon.

What we do know for a fact is the four minutes --travon could have split. Why do you keep insisting that Zimmerman continued the following ---when there is no proof of that ???
Please do not let facts get in the way.

brett636

Sounds reasonable. If i have my gun in my pocket and some little hoodrat decides he wants to beat my head into the concrete sidewalk for fun I should just hope my consciousness holds out long enough for a witness with a high definition video camera comes out to record me saving my own life so you can sleep well at night knowing I didn't shoot him because he was a hoodrat, but because my life was in danger.

Brett--

don't speak for me. You do not have my experiences and cannot know my views. I understand you want to pigeonhole me with Pelosi and others you think are "coming to get your guns". It's simply not true. I respect your right to hold your paranoia in whatever esteem you so choose. You do not, however, speak for me.

I don't care what your life experiences are or were. Your life experiences don't trump my ability to protect my life and those around me from harm should the situation arise. I will speak for you so long as you try to hide your obvious bias against guns and your fascination with limiting my ability to protect my own life. Don't try to feed me this crap that you don't support taking my guns, because we both know that if such a proposal were being seriously considered in Congress you wouldn't lift a finger to try to stop it, and would probably strongly support it. I will no longer allow you to hide your real objective on this issue.

klein

Für Meno :)
RE: Teens charged in killing Aussie student........

I really don't like the lady who was trying to make excuses for these teens on The Five today.(a blonde I've never seen on there before (not Dana))

She said maybe "bored" was the wrong word to use.....it's because they had nothing productive to do.
I'm sorry, but it's my understanding that "bored" was the word used by the teens in their questioning session with police.
Moreluck, seems no one cares on BC.
These were law abiding teens that were able to have guns.
On the bright side they didn't take the guns to school !

brett636

Moreluck, seems no one cares on BC.
These were law abiding teens that were able to have guns.
On the bright side they didn't take the guns to school !

Under age teens are not allowed to carry firearms. Thus they did not fall under the term "law abiding".