guns

UPS Lifer

Island,
Isn't it a shame that we have an administration who does not understand your post.

The problems have been outlined. Where is the administration to lead?

island1fox

Facts? I gave you easily verified facts. Many posters on this board choose to ignore facts because they don't square nicely with their beliefs.

• About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
  • 5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
  • African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
  • African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)

• African Americans now constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated population
  • African Americans are incarcerated at nearly six times the rate of whites
  • Together, African American and Hispanics comprised 58% of all prisoners in 2008, even though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately one quarter of the US population
  • According to Unlocking America, if African American and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates of whites, today's prison and jail populations would decline by approximately 50%
  • One in six black men had been incarcerated as of 2001. If current trends continue, one in three black males born today can expect to spend time in prison during his lifetime

rr,

Facts are facts--but as old dead Paul Harvey would say --"now the rest of the story"

Close to one hundred percent of incarcerated people have a drug offense attached to them --true-- but ----what % of them have "rap" sheets that read like a book of horrors.:sad-little:

You would like us to believe that our prisons are filled with poor innocent people whose only crime was to smoke a joint.

If anything --reality -the plea bargaining system, the parole system etc etc --have many walking freely among us that should be in jail.

Sure a very high number of prisoners have drug use --but the mandatory minimum laws and the three strikes your out as well as the mile long rap sheets tell a different tale.
As Bill Cosby was roasted for stating that a large number of Black males are in jail --because they committed the crimes.

I am sure you realize that a minority group in this country is responsible for over 52% of the murders --the solved ones --jail ???

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
yZYfXdP.jpg

roadrunner2012

Troll
The poster is what it is. Education and opportunity would alleviate much of the disparity in this country.

Some here don't see any correlation between decades of slavery, and the effect on the modern African-American family. We have never stopped locking up Black males for 'crimes' that white people don't even get scolded for. Lock up generations of Black men and complain about the single mother. I've seen that playbook.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Gee, Blacks in the US couldn't even vote back when MLK made his world famous speech just 50 years, ago !

Some black people were still being persecuted for voting in the deep South around the time of the I have a dream speech.... but the article was about slavery, and stated Roosevelt effectively ended debt peonage in 1942, 20+ years prior to the speech (although about 80 years after the emancipation proclamation).

The most interesting, and debate worthy part of the article for me was this: As civil rights litigator and author Michelle Alexander points out in her recent book, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, the subjugation of African Americans through criminalization continues through the prison industrial complex.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The poster is what it is. Education and opportunity would alleviate much of the disparity in this country.

Some here don't see any correlation between decades of slavery, and the effect on the modern African-American family. We have never stopped locking up Black males for 'crimes' that white people don't even get scolded for. Lock up generations of Black men and complain about the single mother. I've seen that playbook.

During what decade were YOU a slave and during what decade did I own a slave ??

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Gee, Blacks in the US couldn't even vote back when MLK made his world famous speech just 50 years, ago !

You are only off, by 95 years. You make Canadians look like idiots.

Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We have never stopped locking up Black males for 'crimes' that white people don't even get scolded for.

Really.... Last I checked, anyone who shoots an 18 month old baby in the face.... is going to jail. Regardless, of skin color.

GUILTY: Teen convicted in baby shooting | HLNtv.com

But, these young criminal thugs.... are a product of poor parental examples. Not to mention stupid cowards.

"Charlottesville police say two men picked the wrong students to rob at gunpoint. The robbery suspects are behind bars, badly beaten by their victims."

Tables Turn on Fontaine Avenue Robbery Suspects - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

“‘I’m sorry, please don’t kill me, I don’t know why I did that, I’m high you know, I just wanna go home,’”

'Point 'em out, knock 'em out': Brutal game ends when assault victim fires his concealed handgun | MLive.com

​I like stories, with a happy ending.

island1fox

rr,
Your post on Free Higher Education ---You have to make it through High School First --Minorities ---even in White areas --like Seattle --There was a news report of a pending strike in the Seattle school system --mainly White Schools --but in the report --the same schools --the same teachers --minority students --with the majority from single parent homes --do not care about education, disrupt the classrooms and have the lowest test scores and the highest dropout rates!!

What are you going to blame on that --as these "children " join the street gangs --father children--commit crimes --go to prison --etc etc.

When does the cycle stop ?? Have not seen the playbook yet ???

island1fox

Island,
Isn't it a shame that we have an administration who does not understand your post.

The problems have been outlined. Where is the administration to lead?

UPS Lifer,

The politicians only care about keeping their own power. What a Legacy the first Black President could leave --and the impact it would have on all people --if Obama used his power to solve these problems --rather than always be in "campaign" mode to beat the Repubs.

island1fox

I couldn't grasp the concept.... maybe if the poster was bigger !

Ups Lifer,
I wonder if rr will grasp this concept.

In the Nordic Countries --the problem they have with crime --Over-represented with people that have North Africa and Middle East origins !!!!

Free higher Education did not work with specific groups !!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My father carried a BAR in Italy during WW2 and he did have some Germans walk into his field of fire........
Heavy rifle at 19 pounds, fired a 20-round magazine in 30.06 caliber. There is a semi-automatic replica made by Ohio Ordinance, $4500 is too steep for me.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Ups Lifer,
I wonder if rr will grasp this concept.

In the Nordic Countries --the problem they have with crime --Over-represented with people that have North Africa and Middle East origins !!!!

Free higher Education did not work with specific groups !!

I grasp the underlying meaning of what you say, however crime statistics don't back up your thinly veiled accusations.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Get over it. People with jobs are all slaves under your definition.......that include the whites too.
I don't know how many slaves Slovakians owned generations ago, but my guess would be none........