guns

texan

Now that is a mailbox.

Roger Buchko shows off his hand made giant mailbox in the shape of a .44 caliber Magnum handgun
outside his home in New Jersey.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Now that is a mailbox.

Roger Buchko shows off his hand made giant mailbox in the shape of a .44 caliber Magnum handgun
outside his home in New Jersey.

This is what happens when you lived in a trailer part for most of your life, then you get an opportunity to move to the suburbs and you bring the trailer park with you.

W.T.

Peace

TOS

over9five

Staff member
This is what happens when you lived in a trailer part for most of your life, then you get an opportunity to move to the suburbs and you bring the trailer park with you.

W.T.

Peace

TOS
I don't know. I don't think that would work in the trailer park either....

​His neighbors must hate him.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't know. I don't think that would work in the trailer park either....

​His neighbors must hate him.

It will be an "eyesore" for the community as he fullfills his self serving interests and further, in less than 2 years the US postal service wont be using home mailboxes anymore as they switch to MBU ( community mail boxes )

Peace

TOS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It will be an "eyesore" for the community as he fullfills his self serving interests and further, in less than 2 years the US postal service wont be using home mailboxes anymore as they switch to MBU ( community mail boxes )
Peace
TOS
It's definitely a nut job eyesore that would undoubtedly hurt any neighbor trying to sell their house.

In regards to the new job cutting community mailbox proposals..... never gonna happen here. We don't have mailboxes on the street, the postal workers walk my mail to the box by my front door that has been there since they built this house in the 1940's. If any of those proposed laws eventually pass, they will most likely only apply to new developments. The cheap arse trash matchbox houses they build in the white flight suburban sprawl neighborhoods can walk to a community mailbox that's fine.... but there is no where to put a community mailbox in my neighborhood.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's definitely a nut job eyesore that would undoubtedly hurt any neighbor trying to sell their house.

In regards to the new job cutting community mailbox proposals..... never gonna happen here. We don't have mailboxes on the street, the postal workers walk my mail to the box by my front door that has been there since they built this house in the 1940's. If any of those proposed laws eventually pass, they will most likely only apply to new developments. The cheap arse trash matchbox houses they build in the white flight suburban sprawl neighborhoods can walk to a community mailbox that's fine.... but there is no where to put a community mailbox in my neighborhood.

Same in my neighborhood. I don't see the community mailbox setup working in many areas.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
HeyJackass.com

This website keeps some pretty interesting data regarding Chicago crime statistics .
A total 309 homicides for 2013 .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
BREITBART | Washington, D.C. police are under orders to arrest tourists and others from outside the district who are caught with empty shell casings on their persons.
Even though such shell casings are spent and therefore inert, they are considered ammunition in the District of Columbia.
According to the Washington Examiner, these and other D.C. gun laws and policies are detailed in Emily Miller’s book, Emily Gets Her Gun… But Obama Wants to Take Yours.
“Unless you are a resident [of D.C.] and have a gun registration certificate,” possession of empty shell casings is a crime that results in a $1,000 fine, a year in jail, and a criminal record.
Under this law, even D.C. residents with a gun registration certificate are to keep empty shell casings “stored so [they are] not accessible from the passenger compartment” in their vehicles.

So please send every (d) some , then drop a dime on them .:wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy

W.T.

Peace

TOS

Roger Buchko is embracing his Second Amendment rights in a big way: He made a gun-shaped mailbox.
The 49-year-old New Jersey resident’s PVC-pipe and wood mailbox is formed in the shape of a .44 Magnum revolver.
Buchko, a part-time cabinet maker, said that he modeled the mailbox after his own Smith & Wesson, Lehigh Valley Live reports. He said he didn’t make the mailbox to infringe upon anyone’s gun views, but that he simply “needed a new mailbox.”
All of Buchko’s mail gets deposited into the muzzle of the revolver.
So far, local residents are loving the mailbox, including the county postmaster.
“I think it’s very innovative . I’m 100 percent supportive,” Phillipsburg Postmaster Melody Baylis told Lehigh Valley Live. She added that she didn’t see a problem with the mailbox, as long as it can accommodate the amount of mail Buchko receives.
Buchko said that almost 500 people have taken pictures with the mailbox so far.

island1fox

Same in my neighborhood. I don't see the community mailbox setup working in many areas.

I thought the very same thing --live in a very rural area --Community "mailbox" with 20 individual locked boxes--put on a pole of a major road --each of the 20 homes had a key sent to them and a box number --wala !! Mail is not delivered to a three mile area ---to get the mail-- you do the driving to the mailbox--Postal Service will make a cost savings killing on this ----for every 20 to 25 stops --make it ONE !!:wink2:

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought the very same thing --live in a very rural area --Community "mailbox" with 20 individual locked boxes--put on a pole of a major road --each of the 20 homes had a key sent to them and a box number --wala !! Mail is not delivered to a three mile area ---to get the mail-- you do the driving to the mailbox--Postal Service will make a cost savings killing on this ----for every 20 to 25 stops --make it ONE !!:wink2:

Nah. A very rural area they will just make you drive into town to pick up mail at post office.

island1fox

Nah. A very rural area they will just make you drive into town to pick up mail at post office.

old,

We can probably argue about the definition of "very rural"

But believe me the 20 homes now -- do have a Community mailbox ! Need very little space-- just a pole!

BREITBART | Washington, D.C. police are under orders to arrest tourists and others from outside the district who are caught with empty shell casings on their persons.
Even though such shell casings are spent and therefore inert, they are considered ammunition in the District of Columbia.
According to the Washington Examiner, these and other D.C. gun laws and policies are detailed in Emily Miller’s book, Emily Gets Her Gun… But Obama Wants to Take Yours.
“Unless you are a resident [of D.C.] and have a gun registration certificate,” possession of empty shell casings is a crime that results in a $1,000 fine, a year in jail, and a criminal record.
Under this law, even D.C. residents with a gun registration certificate are to keep empty shell casings “stored so [they are] not accessible from the passenger compartment” in their vehicles.

So please send every (d) some , then drop a dime on them .:wink2:

Interesting since I recall the last time I was in DC one could buy shell casings and dummy shells at the Smithsonian museums.

Roger Buchko is embracing his Second Amendment rights in a big way: He made a gun-shaped mailbox.
The 49-year-old New Jersey resident’s PVC-pipe and wood mailbox is formed in the shape of a .44 Magnum revolver.
Buchko, a part-time cabinet maker, said that he modeled the mailbox after his own Smith & Wesson, Lehigh Valley Live reports. He said he didn’t make the mailbox to infringe upon anyone’s gun views, but that he simply “needed a new mailbox.”
All of Buchko’s mail gets deposited into the muzzle of the revolver.
So far, local residents are loving the mailbox, including the county postmaster.
“I think it’s very innovative . I’m 100 percent supportive,” Phillipsburg Postmaster Melody Baylis told Lehigh Valley Live. She added that she didn’t see a problem with the mailbox, as long as it can accommodate the amount of mail Buchko receives.
Buchko said that almost 500 people have taken pictures with the mailbox so far.

If someone wanted to argue that mailbox based on size or code that's one thing. The fact that it's in the shape of a gun is another. He's free to shape it any way he wants as long as it meets postal code. We have neighbors with a bass, a semi-truck, and a tractor mailbox. Haven't heard a complaint yet.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A vigil, for a robber killed... while plying his trade... ends in gunfire, when the mourners open fire on each other.

Shooting breaks out � at anti-violence vigil | CharlotteObserver.com

I can't make this stuff up.

Why would anyone run... if they are not a criminal... in possession of a legal firearm ?