guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Adam Lanza brought dozens of hi-cap magazines to Sandy Hook with him; most of them were found on the floor only partially depleted with fewer than 10 rounds having been fired from them before being dropped and replaced with a fresh ones. This is known as a "tactical reload" and is standard practice when in a gunfight in order to keep one's weapon topped off with as many rounds as possible. Of course...when the state has conveniently herded a bunch of children into a "gun free" zone and denied their teachers the tools to protect them with, the magazine capacity of your weapon is going to be pretty much irrelevant to the outcome of the slaughter. How different would the story be if the principal of Sandy Hook could have confronted Lanza in the hallway and cut him in half with a 12 gauge shotgun instead of throwing books and her unarmed body against him in a futile attempt to save her students? We will never know.

do you REALLY think having a posse of armed schoolteachers would have saved the day? again an absurd idea bordering on fantasy when the reality is that if Handguns with high capacity magazines werent so readily available shooting deaths would be cut in half,if not more

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
do you REALLY think having a posse of armed schoolteachers would have saved the day? again an absurd idea bordering on fantasy when the reality is that if Handguns with high capacity magazines werent so readily available shooting deaths would be cut in half,if not more

1. Armed teachers have a far greater chance of stopping a crazed guman than unarmed ones do.

2. Adam Lanza used a rifle, not a handgun.

3. The magazine capacity of his rifle had no bearing on the outcome of the massacre; he was able to reload at will because no one but him was armed in the "gun free" zone.

4. Most school shooters have spent months if not years planning and fantasizing about their massacre. We can make guns more difficult to obtain but it will never be impossible for someone who is determined enough to follow thru on their plan.

5. Virtually all mass shootings occur in "gun free zones" and mass murderers choose these locations because they know their victims will be unarmed and helpless. If you simply cannot abide the thought of allowing law-abiding people to defend themselves, can we at least change the name from "gun free" zone to "unarmed helpless victim" zone? It would certainly be a more accurate and honest description of what these zones truly are.

bbsam

Staff member
if I were a high school student and my teachers were armed, I wouldn't have to sneak a gun in, just steal one of theirs.

oldngray

nowhere special
2nd_amendment_gun_free_zone_bumper_sticker.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

hellz yeah we need MORE guns to solve the Gun problem!!

Gun violence at U.S. schools continues to grow sharply
A fatal shooting in Oregon on Tuesday was the 31st firearms attack at a U.S. school since the start of the year, marking a sharp acceleration in the rash of violence that has occurred on campuses across the nation.

The incidents range from the 20 people shot near UC Santa Barbara less than three weeks ago to gunfire that resulted in no injuries at all.

The frequency of attacks has picked up since the December 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six adults were gunned down.

But underlying the high-profile shootings are thousands of incidents involving American youths that never make national headlines, or even get noticed locally. Each year, for example, about 2,000 teens and young children commit suicide with guns at home, according to Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Related story: School shootings since Newtown, Dec. 14, 2012READ THE STORY
In the 18 months since that tragedy, 41 deaths have occurred in 62 documented incidents at U.S. schools. In the 18 months before that attack, there were 17 deaths in 17 incidents. Everytown.org, a group that promotes gun safety, lists 72 incidents since Sandy Hook.

The increase comes at a time when all types of violent gun deaths have been essentially flat since about 2000, following a sharp drop since the 1980s, when such deaths peaked in the U.S.

"School shootings are part of a much bigger problem," he said. "There are 86 people who die from bullets on an average day."

On Tuesday, a teen gunman armed with a rifle killed a student at a high school in Troutdale, Ore., injured a teacher and then apparently shot himself in a bathroom. During the evacuation, authorities found another student with a gun not related to the shooting.

These school shootings mirror past upsurges in other venues.

During the 1980s and 1990s, for example, there were at least 10 shooting incidents that occurred at U.S. post offices, leading to the term "going postal." In 1991, a fired postal worker in suburban Detroit killed three people and wounded six in a post office before taking his own life. More recently, few post office shootings have occurred.

"I don't know why they have decreased," Postal Inspection Service spokeswoman Stacia Crane said. "The economy changes. People change."

Garen Wintemute, director of the UC Davis Violence Prevention Research Program, hesitates to brand such serial events as copycat crimes, but he said shootings tend to feed off themselves.

"The more we are all aware of them, the easier it is for one of us to do the next one," he said.

Still, Wintemute said that guns remain widely available to individuals who are clearly at risk of committing such violence and that authorities have few tools to intervene.

Los Angeles Times

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
1. Armed teachers have a far greater chance of stopping a crazed guman than unarmed ones do.

2. Adam Lanza used a rifle, not a handgun.

3. The magazine capacity of his rifle had no bearing on the outcome of the massacre; he was able to reload at will because no one but him was armed in the "gun free" zone.

4. Most school shooters have spent months if not years planning and fantasizing about their massacre. We can make guns more difficult to obtain but it will never be impossible for someone who is determined enough to follow thru on their plan.

5. Virtually all mass shootings occur in "gun free zones" and mass murderers choose these locations because they know their victims will be unarmed and helpless. If you simply cannot abide the thought of allowing law-abiding people to defend themselves, can we at least change the name from "gun free" zone to "unarmed helpless victim" zone? It would certainly be a more accurate and honest description of what these zones truly are.
The Seattle shooter was stopped with pepper spray when he reloaded in a gun free zone.

again the answer to solve the gun problem certainly isnt MORE guns.

BrownBrokeDown

erm, yeah it does. you guy with your Dirty Harry fantasies kill me.................,wait bad choice of words ................................. let me rephrase: I'm worried you guys with your Dirty Harry fantasies will kill me
Watch out, your rhetoric is starting to have the same tone of typing as Hoffasux. Just saying.

The one inescapable fact is, I have never seen any evidence where any of the proposed laws would have stopped any of the shootings from happening.

And it not just about Dirty Harry fantasies "we can shoot a bad guy with a gun". How many stabbings happen accross the US every year...robberies at knifepoint...robberies at gunpoint...etc. Guess what, if one of those bitches sees someone openly carrying and someone that is not, who do you think they will go after? Could have any knife related crimes have been stopped by flashing a gun at the person. Carrying a gun can be deterrant without ever firing a shot.

BrownBrokeDown

I will say, there is one law I would support EVEN THOUGH IT WOULD NOT HAVE STOPPED THE INSTANCE YOU HAD IN AN EARLIER POST. If your are drunk and packing, treat it like a dui, you lose your conceal carry or open carry license.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Like i said, show me how any new law would have stopped any of those instances.
That is a bit silly. That's like saying drunk driving laws never kept anyone from driving drunk. Sure they do. So you can say that the law never prevented a gun tragedy and someone could say that the laws have literally stopped thousands. Nobody can be definite on that.

BrownBrokeDown

Not really. I was taught to respect firearms growing up thus taking someone else's gun let alone that of a police officer never entered my mind.
And see this is a key point. I was brought up around guns. I was taught a healthy respect for what they can do. I wasn't allowed to use gun's unsupervised until my parents felt like I took the responsibility of holding a gun serious enough. The guns were always safely stowed away where i couldn't access them until that time. I was repeatedly taught the right way to hold, carry, safely operate, and maintain guns by both parents and a grandfather, over 100 years of gun use. I still regularly hunt (I hunt for food, not trophies), when I have time.