guns

menotyou

bella amicizia
Well, Illinois' Workers' comp laws have not been hijacked by some insurance company. Other than that, you couldn't pay me to live there.

It's so flat, though. No hills or mountains.
If that's your criteria, you would HATE large portions of Texas.
Upstate can back ,me up on this one. In the area I live in once you get out of the city you can literally see, unobstructed, for as far as you can see. Many places even tree free for hundreds of square miles.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Upstate can back ,me up on this one. In the area I live in once you get out of the city you can literally see, unobstructed, for as far as you can see. Many places even tree free for hundreds of square miles.
It's not criteria, but when you live in NY and are use to going up to 1500 ft above sea level to visit my sister in Newcomb, then back to about 300 ft above sea level to my house, you get use to it. I have Dry Hill 20 min away to ski on in the winter and Lake Ontario to play in in the summer. I like the variables.
Where can you go skiing, 555?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You could see a line of thunderstorms approaching from miles away.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
AZ is great for diversity of landscape. We can go in any direction and find something unique as far as landscape.

From where I am living, an hour south and I am in the desert with beautiful daytime temps (during the winter) and an hour north and I am in the snow with Ponderosa Pines. I live in a snow belt now with freezing temps but not enough snow to ski and we do have actual forests here (Ponderosa and Blackjack Pines). During the summer we can go south to the lakes or way north to Lake Powell (my favorite) but the drawback is the travel time. When going to Lake Powell, it's a 4 - 5 hr drive so one doesn't JUST hop in the car to go for the weekend. A couple hours west and there is the Colorado River. A couple hours east and there are the White Mountains. All beautiful during specific times of the season, depending on what you like. All you have to decide is what you want to see and when. The White Mountains are great during the summer. Temps tend to stay a bit cooler being in the 6 - 7000 elevations and less population. Flagstaff is higher in elevation (7000 +) but the population is also higher. Both get lots of snow during the winter, the White Mountains tend to get more than Flagstaff. The Colorado River Valley is great during the winter, warmer temps but it is hell on earth during the summer, quite often getting in the 120 and 130 range.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I spent 6 weeks in Rantoul, IL, in 1981 while going to tech school. I thought it was a beautiful state.
I've been through many of the midwest and northeast states on many occasions. I've always thought it was beautiful. They all have their charms............................ and their nightmares. For myself, I hate the snow. That would be a nightmare to me.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've been through many of the midwest and northeast states on many occasions. I've always thought it was beautiful. They all have their charms............................ and their nightmares. For myself, I hate the snow. That would be a nightmare to me.
I have a 28 horse tractor with a bucket. I can handle snow. I have all the winter wear you could wish for, hats boots, coats, silk liners for EVERYTHING, boots upon boots; but, I hate the cold. Maybe, the metal in my body can't take it. I just know since the injury, it bothers me more.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have a 28 horse tractor with a bucket. I can handle snow. I have all the winter wear you could wish for, hats boots, coats, silk liners for EVERYTHING, boots upon boots; but, I hate the cold. Maybe, the metal in my body can't take it. I just know since the injury, it bothers me more.
And always will. That'll never change. Since I've had surgery on my knee (ACL replacement 2002) the cold bothers my knee.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, another child of a second amendment supporter shoots up his school. This country will never learn and neither will the parents of children who take their "UNSECURED" weapons to school to settle their problems with bullets and guns laying around the home.

Gun supporters just dont get it. Your "percieved" second amendment rights are more important to your ego, than the safety of your children, friends and classmates.

Well, you got your wish again, available guns by an irresponsible gun owner and his child with the access, will and motive to use those guns on his fellow americans who did nothing to him.

Congrats Gun fans, you have more victims to add to the list.

Chardon High School Shooting, 5 Students Injured, 3 in Critical | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, CW, and MyFOX | Local

I am sure NOT ONE of you gun supporters will condemn the gun owner for this tragedy, but will excuse him by saying his child had problems.

Peace.

TOS

wkmac

Well, another child of a second amendment supporter shoots up his school. This country will never learn and neither will the parents of children who take their "UNSECURED" weapons to school to settle their problems with bullets and guns laying around the home.

Gun supporters just dont get it. Your "percieved" second amendment rights are more important to your ego, than the safety of your children, friends and classmates.

Well, you got your wish again, available guns by an irresponsible gun owner and his child with the access, will and motive to use those guns on his fellow americans who did nothing to him.

Chardon High School Shooting, 5 Students Injured, 3 in Critical | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, CW, and MyFOX | Local

I am sure NOT ONE of you gun supporters will condemn the gun owner for this tragedy, but will excuse him by saying his child had problems.

Peace.

TOS

The fixation with guns IMO is driven by American mythology and the warfare state. I mean between production runs filling gov't contracts, to keep profitability up, civilian versions of the gov't issue weapons. Even when Congress passed the so-called assault weapons ban, what really that was about was the fact that patent deadlines were ending and thus anybody and their brother could start making "assault" weapons which would draw purchases away from gov't contract gun makers and their civilian versions. The assault weapons ban was about protecting markets and replacing old patent domination with new patent domination and now the assault weapons are being produced but on the latest platform with patent protections. The same reason that planes replaced trains and the cruiseliner and ocean transport business has exploded. I mean what do airplane factories and shipyards build in between gov't contracts?

All that said, if the guns weren't available, a kid hell bent on going out in a blaze of glory would result to what? Can you say BOOM! And the numbers of dead and injuried would go up even greater that it is with guns. But then you never question the mental mind destruction that the school system inflicts on these kids to begin with so IMO the root cause is not guns or bombs but the educational structure itself. As the song sez, "We Don't Need No Education!"

Peace.

TOS

The one and only thing ya got right in this rant is "Irresponsible gun owner". All the rest is just blah blah blah and incorrect.

Don't you think his kid had problems? Now the root of those problems are debatable and are better taken on by someone that actually has knowledge of the kid and his world.

Where do you get the perceived (I before E except after C) 2nd amendment idea?

moreluck

golden ticket member
More of the story is evolving. The one kid killed had just started dating the shooter's ex-girlfriend. If this is a love triangle thing, then gun knife, bottle, machete or stick....this kid was going to kill people today.

If there were no guns, this still would've happened.

klein

Für Meno :)
The one and only thing ya got right in this rant is "Irresponsible gun owner". All the rest is just blah blah blah and incorrect.

Yup, I would say any gun owner that leaves the gun-case keys at home is irresponsible !
Parents should know that kids know the house and drawers inside and out.
They certainly spend more time at home then working parents do.

Indirectly, anyone that keeps those gun keys at home while having children in the house is irresponsible, period.

Of course, some of the NRA nuts have different attitudes and some would want to let their kids carry guns to school , so they can defend themselves.

wkmac

More of the story is evolving. The one kid killed had just started dating the shooter's ex-girlfriend. If this is a love triangle thing, then gun knife, bottle, machete or stick....this kid was going to kill people today.

If there were no guns, this still would've happened.

If this is true, how much different is the story from so many adult situations we hear of? Did the kid just copycat what he'd seen and heard of adults doing? I also wonder just how much dehumanizing the kid had gone through from public education to the :censored2: that passes for entertainment on TV? I wonder how far is the stretch in a kid's mind when he hears adults say, "if they ain't like us or if they are out to harm us, we should just get rid of them" factored into all of this? Did hierarchical clicks and class stratifying with in the priso...sorry school system which is encouraged by the warden and guar...damn, sorry about that, centralized school structure of administrators and teachers also play into this? In the case of Columbine, I do think it was a factor but it's much easier to blame the kids and the guns rather than look real hard at the production line meat grinder we adults slam our kids through in the first place.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can try to paint all kinds of scenarios , but if it's a girl, it's the old love triangle and it's been around before video games and rotten schools and TV and indoor plumbing.

wkmac

You can try to paint all kinds of scenarios , but if it's a girl, it's the old love triangle and it's been around before video games and rotten schools and TV and indoor plumbing.

But they had guns too so why not the mass killing then?

I'm betting their view of life and other people's liberty might have been something different?