Half Empty? NFL

542thruNthru

And that gives you some right others don't have? Don't be absurd.

78db0e3ffe60f80204f2bb45a98371a2.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The right wing is using our military personnel as a political tool to avoid a conversation about inequality and police brutality. That's what's really messed up about all this. Sad.

rod

Retired 23 years
And that gives you some right others don't have? Don't be absurd.

You friend'in A it does---and don't you forget it. You pay your dues sometime (although I'm sure you would be the first to run for the border crying if faced with a real war situation). You do that and maybe you could hold your head high also instead of playing the racist card / oh woe is me card for every little situation. .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You friend'in A it does---and don't you forget it. You pay your dues sometime (although I'm sure you would be the first to run for the border crying if faced with a real war situation). You do that and maybe you could hold your head high also instead of playing the racist card / oh woe is me card for every little situation. .
Just to be clear, you got paid right?

tourists24

It's not about the flag or veterans, it's not even about police brutality anymore. At this point it's just a protest of Trump and he's the one to blame for that because of the way he inserted himself into the issue.
So it's all a circus now because of Trump? No real cause for the movement at all. It's all about getting even?

tourists24

The right wing is using our military personnel as a political tool to avoid a conversation about inequality and police brutality. That's what's really messed up about all this. Sad.
No.... the football player did when he decided to protest our national anthem.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, via NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

rod

Retired 23 years
Gotcha.
Just was confused there for a second, the way you were talking I almost forgot it was a job.

A job I was drafted for------------I would love to see the Millennials reaction if the draft was reinstated-----and don't think it won't be sometime in the future.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No.... the football player did when he decided to protest our national anthem.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, via NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
You seemed to miss the point.
What does that have to do with our military?
Like I said, people are injecting (using) our military personnel in an attempt to shut down any debate on the issues. It's disgraceful.

bbsam

Staff member
You senile old bat. Where did I bring race into it?

You are seriously deranged if you think your service makes you somehow entitled to anything. Respect is earned. Neither you nor the president have earned it this weekend.