Headlights

Coldworld

Why use bargaining power to get something written into the contract that is already protected by law? I'd prefer to focus on improvements
I agree but gets so old having to harp on the same stuff over and over...these two things are basic :censored2: that should already be rock solid....and obviously they aren't that protected if they continuously keep bringing it up over and over again.

Coldworld

That’s exactly why a union is necessary at UPS. They would have plowed us under a long time ago without the Teamsters.
Had a mgr one time say that it would be very different here if there wasn't a union...as in them being much more easy going and laid back. I almost couldn't stop laughing at that comment....NWIF would that EVER be the case.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
The only time I eat out is when my on road buys me lunch or I buy my helper lunch. So maybe 3 times a year. Luckily I have restrooms available all over where I can scrub a dub pre muck.

10:30 resi

I agree but gets so old having to harp on the same stuff over and over...these two things are basic :censored2: that should already be rock solid....and obviously they aren't that protected if they continuously keep bringing it up over and over again.
The first meeting I had with my current manager was because he called me in to question me about how far I drove to meal on the clock. I told him that punching out and then driving to lunch was a violation of FMCSA rules. He said he had never heard of it and even had me repeat the acronym "EFF...M...C...S...A..." so that he could write it down to Google it after the meeting. Point being management has no clue what the law is until you educate them. We go over the same basic :censored2: every couple years because we get new manager who knows nothing every couple years. If it was written into the contract it wouldn't be any different, management also has no freaking clue what that says until you show them.

Coldworld

The first meeting I had with my current manager was because he called me in to question me about how far I drove to meal on the clock. I told him that punching out and then driving to lunch was a violation of FMCSA rules. He said he had never heard of it and even had me repeat the acronym "EFF...M...C...S...A..." so that he could write it down to Google it after the meeting. Point being management has no clue what the law is until you educate them. We go over the same basic :censored2: every couple years because we get new manager who knows nothing every couple years. If it was written into the contract it wouldn't be any different, management also has no freaking clue what that says until you show them.
I get you but maybe I'm just too old to want to put up with the repetitive game...think I'm going to retire!!