Health insurance

Schweddy

Balls
If better pay isnt everything, why do so many people cry and whine about their pay?

Firstly, I don't think anyone here complains. You can interpret others' posts however you want but I don't see it. Second, your "privilege" of working in the "best" station in the world is kind of like my example of Chick-fil-A being the best of fast food.. having higher profit margins, more workers, better workload, "easier" work for everyone, more perks than other stations. Yeah, I know, you don't give a damn and it's not your problem. Flip side, nobody here cares about how easy you've had it for 40 years and all your vacation and all your retirement.

Sure they are. Why wouldn't they be? I've seen plenty who have done just that. A courier of the "How the hell can delivering packages be a transferable skill" mindset probably isn't smart enough to do it.

Nice try, DP, I'm speaking to OldFart here.. not to the general population of fedex workers. It's different when you think that every other occupation doesn't have "highly skilled" workers. Absolutely detestable. That's a skill that shouldn't be transferred.

1. I don't think anything about FedEx is prestigious. 2. However, others do and having FedEx on your resumè isn't the worst thing in the world.

1. I find that hard to believe. 2. I think you'd be an idiot not to use their name to your advantage. Most people think highly of UPS and FedEx.

Oldfart

Firstly, I don't think anyone here complains. You can interpret others' posts however you want but I don't see it. Second, your "privilege" of working in the "best" station in the world is kind of like my example of Chick-fil-A being the best of fast food.. having higher profit margins, more workers, better workload, "easier" work for everyone, more perks than other stations. Yeah, I know, you don't give a damn and it's not your problem. Flip side, nobody here cares about how easy you've had it for 40 years and all your vacation and all your retirement.
Nobody complains? LOL EVERY post tex writes, he complains about how he never topped out.

Oldfart

Indeed your mailbox income is all that matters to you and that's the entire point. You are the ONLY person to whom it matters and what does it take to pound that reality into your thick skull along with the fact that you will no longer be the center of attention? If nobody cared when I left then how come there's a standing invitation to return to handle overflow? I don't need to do so because there are always new and more interesting ways to remain productive and more importantly relevant Furthermore, my retirement income is direct deposited. You ought to try it. This way you will no longer have to stand out by your mailbox in the pouring down rain waiting for the mailman.
LOL For someone that CLAIMS to be a financial genius, you haven't ever heard of "mailbox income"? It is a saying, not a real thing about waiting on the mailman.

Oldfart

It's those ones who have easier rts, make much more, and never help or volunteer that makes many grind their teeth. Now at least everyone is on a step and the guy killing it on step one knows he'll eventually make as much as the slacker on step 10. No more working next to the guy who made $7hr more than you when you started and 10 years later makes $8hr more than you.

Tex NEVER complains about pay? Have you ever read his posts?

Schweddy

Balls
Nobody complains? LOL EVERY post tex writes, he complains about how he never topped out.

Complains? nope, quite rare.

And no, he doesn't mention not topping out in every post. You just have a thing for Tex. Did you two work together at some point?

Tex NEVER complains about pay? Have you ever read his posts?

Considering most of the posts on here regarding pay issues align with what is true, I don't find that to be a complaint but observation.

Funny this is childish when Ground drivers on here have real conversation about running their own business and being at the mercy of X and losing their livelihood and working their asses off. You ever compare express vs ground benefits there oldfart? Who was it that was all about ground being more profitable and all that a while back?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In my state there was a Xpress courier who decided to run for county prothonotary and clerk of courts simply because his party had no candidate on the primary ballot. To his complete surprise he won. Now after three and a half years of complete ineptitude and mismanagement the county judges have given him 5 days to catch up on a huge backlog of unprocessed court orders and decrees going back many months or be held in contempt of court and possibly be hauled off to jail to keep company with inmates who were order to be released weeks earlier but are still there because this outstanding public servant never got around to processing and filing the judge's order for them to be released. If ever there really was an "absolutely positively has to be done overnight" believe me this is it.

I don't know what that has to do with anything, but okay.

Oldfart

Complains? nope, quite rare.

And no, he doesn't mention not topping out in every post. You just have a thing for Tex. Did you two work together at some point?

Considering most of the posts on here regarding pay issues align with what is true, I don't find that to be a complaint but observation.

Funny this is childish when Ground drivers on here have real conversation about running their own business and being at the mercy of X and losing their livelihood and working their asses off. You ever compare express vs ground benefits there oldfart? Who was it that was all about ground being more profitable and all that a while back?
I don't have any knowledge of Grounds operation, benefits, pay or any other financial aspect. I say hello to the Ground guys I run into and that is about it. I know the division is growing faster than Express because I see that in media but I don't get involved with other individual's money matters. I leave that up to other people that want something else to worry about.

Schweddy

Balls
I don't have any knowledge of Grounds operation, benefits, pay or any other financial aspect. I say hello to the Ground guys I run into and that is about it. I know the division is growing faster than Express because I see that in media but I don't get involved with other individual's money matters. I leave that up to other people that want something else to worry about.

So.. what's the problem? Does that mean you "don't have any knowledge of" Apple, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and other yuge companies operations, benefits, pay, etc? You have google.. you have this forum. It really couldn't be any more "apples to apples" since ground and express are highly profitable and owned by X.

Ground guys continue to lose more and more income to X and likely have a hell of a time offering benefits.

Oldfart

So.. what's the problem? Does that mean you "don't have any knowledge of" Apple, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and other yuge companies operations, benefits, pay, etc? You have google.. you have this forum. It really couldn't be any more "apples to apples" since ground and express are highly profitable and owned by X.

Ground guys continue to lose more and more income to X and likely have a hell of a time offering benefits.
Why should I care what benefits Amazon, Walmart, Apple gives their employees? I don't work there. I am not like you and Tex, if it doesn't affect me, I don't worry about it. I don't worry about the Snap On man, the liquor store owner or the insurance man's salary or benefits. You and Tex want to worry about other peoples business so it gives you more to complain about. Do you worry about what your neighbor makes and what benefits he has? Bet you do.

Schweddy

Balls
You don't care but you want to debate what's being said or how accurate a discussion is. You want to have a say but from a distance. You want no accountability and have no respect for the system but you use it. You are not credible without research but you want to believe you're so highly skilled and educated. Pure arrogance, pal.

Oldfart

You don't care but you want to debate what's being said or how accurate a discussion is. You want to have a say but from a distance. You want no accountability and have no respect for the system but you use it. You are not credible without research but you want to believe you're so highly skilled and educated. Pure arrogance, pal.
Dont need a say or care what others get in benefits. I just know from reading different sources the value of some of the larger companies in the country. Most of the top 5 or 6 were tech style companies and were relatively newer companies. Amazon, Google, Apple are all in that mold. I believe Coke was like #7 and was the oldest of the top 10 if memory serves me right. I dont work at any of those places so their benefits dont concern me.

Just like I dont smoke so the price of cigarettes arent a concern. I dont own a diesel so the price of diesel isnt a concern. You seem to want to stick your nose in everyone's business. Go ahead. Your neighbor might need help with his job benefits, why dont you go worry with him.

bacha29

I don't know what that has to do with anything, but okay.
You guys were talking about transferable skills and as a result this little story came to mind. It's still being played out but this was a case where whatever skills he had were definitely not transferable to the unfolding tragedy that lies before him.

Oldfart

I guess Tex, Fred and the other busy bodies stick their nose in everyone's business. People that whine and cry constantly normally have that trait. Gives them more to worry about. Why take on other peoples worries? Wise man once said " Everyone has problems. I will try to not make my problem yours if you promise not to make your problems mine." Excellent philosophy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess Tex, Fred and the other busy bodies stick their nose in everyone's business. People that whine and cry constantly normally have that trait. Gives them more to worry about. Why take on other peoples worries? Wise man once said " Everyone has problems. I will try to not make my problem yours if you promise not to make your problems mine." Excellent philosophy.
Cry me a river. Good lord your complaining is never-ending. Typical baby boomer.

Oldfart

Cry me a river. Good lord your complaining is never-ending. Typical baby boomer.
Explain how I am complaining. Because I dont see a need to worry about everyone else, you define that as a complaint. Thats a new one on me. I guess I am supposed to worry about every person at every stop I make every day. If I mind my own business you consider that a complaint. Bummer

bacha29

Explain how I am complaining. Because I dont see a need to worry about everyone else, you define that as a complaint. Thats a new one on me. I guess I am supposed to worry about every person at every stop I make every day. If I mind my own business you consider that a complaint. Bummer
Then how do you explain your sharp criticisms,snide remarks and personal attacks launched against people you don't even know.