T

thisjobaintforeverybody

except for training to train drivers, there is no training in FT management

however, the resources available are bottomless; there is a :censored2: ton of educational materials available, all you have to do is ask

a good FT always asks, the :censored2:ty lazy ones never do

i’ve met maybe a couple who honestly wanted to do better but just had no idea how to find resources, 99% fall into the :censored2:ty/lazy category

is that a joke? that’s pretty funny

the hardest part of the PDS job is dealing with whiny drivers from 730-830, and maybe your own center or DM the hour before that

before and after those times, it’s ez

Their whining because their DPS, which is part of the 99%, isn't fixing their route!

Thegameisrigged

I have been following ORION as close to 100% as possible for months. It adds many miles to my day which results in less stops since I'm on the 9.5 list. I am finishing about the same time everyday but actually delivering many less parcels.
Smh. Well I guess I have less stops starting very soon. Lol

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

maybe in your center, mine just had guys trying to pass off harder areas so they could up their bonus

So, many of our 9.5 issues, have been due to the lack of skill, laziness, training and or lack of hours in a day that a bad dispatcher creates! The company would benefit themselves tremendously if they put just as much effort as they do on over-supervising, harassment, etc.. into their dispatchers!

Thegameisrigged

So, many of our 9.5 issues, have been due to the lack of skill, laziness, training and or lack of hours in a day that a bad dispatcher creates! The company would benefit themselves tremendously if they put just as much effort as they do on over-supervising, harassment, etc.. into their dispatchers!
Agreed. They only care about the false numbers they present to their bosses though.

JL 0513

We lost RDO about 3 months ago. Today turn by turn navigation showed up in the DIAD.

Seriously?

So is the load in ODO order?

How exactly does the turn by turn work? Audio/visual, both? Curious because many of our diad batteries barely last the day just sheeting packages. If it's visual, are there new DIAD holders that hold it up at a viewable angle?

Thegameisrigged

Seriously?

So is the load in ODO order?

How exactly does the turn by turn work? Audio/visual, both? Curious because many of our diad batteries barely last the day just sheeting packages. If it's visual, are there new DIAD holders that hold it up at a viewable angle?

No. It’s just an upgrade to the diad. It looks similar to the gps navigation inside of a vehicle

tourists24

I have been following ORION as close to 100% as possible for months. It adds many miles to my day which results in less stops since I'm on the 9.5 list. I am finishing about the same time everyday but actually delivering many less parcels.
So does your center demand ORION compliance since RDO is gone or do they even care?

Thegameisrigged

Oh boy. Peak is gonna be something this year.
It’ll be impossible for them to enforce Orion during peak. They would have to put the boards back in RDO at least for that season. No way we can run Orion with a truck jammed with 500 prices and 350+ stops. It’ll be a suicide mission if they tried.

iruhnman630

Really have no choice but to run Orion because RDO is gone. Now if your trace is good enough, you can use the old way of delivering.
It's not that hard to scroll through your o.d.o. and deliver your route as you see fit.

It is annoying, and frought with errors, and missing stops because they are on another page of trace, but until they make it impossible to not deliver the next stop in trace, it is doable.

DOK

Has not been implemented yet and I would not run it if they did.
My job is to deliver businesses first(which I do) and then residential. I will ignore all other options even if I run 40 miles over the solution because I know that my commercial customers are taken care of.
There are certain ways a route must be run and Orion ignores that fact on every solution.
Take for instance when Orion wants me to drive past commercial stops. These are stops that turn that AM delivery around and ship it same day. But Orion wants me to save it all day long and deliver with their scheduled pickup. It ignores that fact that my PO closes at 4 o'clock and wants me to deliver all my businesses after they close. But yet all these stops that it wants me to save for PM delivery are all 1s and 2s.
I have talked to my PDS until I am blue in the face and all he says is it is above his paygrade to fix. Deal with it. So I do... I run it my way and I do it the right way.
your dispatcher lied to you, he can fix that 100%

You’re right Tears, we either have dispatchers who don’t know how to do it, or don’t care to put the time in to do it.