TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Maybe they should skip all the turn by turn crap and just install autonomous drivers in our trucks and we can just make the deliveries. It can make all the parking and backing decisions. That way when someone runs a red light and hit us, they can ask it “why didn’t you clear that intersection” this company is just plain STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!
that’s coming

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
crash1_20110628102439_640_480.JPG

Working as instructed.
Way not to back into a resi

35years

Gravy route
I fought those battles a couple years ago. I refused to follow Orion and continually beat it by double digit miles daily. They just leave me alone now.

I fought those battles years ago also. They came in saying ORION would be better at cutting miles than any driver. Refused to use ORION, beat it by 15-60 miles a day just to prove them wrong.

Then I decided to follow it... It cut my stops by 15% and increased miles.

i will gladly follow the new upgrade of turn by turn directions until it has me backing when I should not, or miss service commits. The upgrade will only add miles and cut my stop count again.

Pretty obvious they are setting up for a work stoppage. If they think I am going to give feedback on the new system so they can fix my ODO for a scab, they better think again. Follow it, tell them it works great, and let it explode.

3 done 3 to go

I fought those battles years ago also. They came in saying ORION would be better at cutting miles than any driver. Refused to use ORION, beat it by 15-60 miles a day just to prove them wrong.

i will gladly follow the new upgrade of turn by turn directions until it has me backing when I should not, or miss service commits. The upgrade will only add miles and cut my stop count again.

Pretty obvious they are setting up for a work stoppage. If they think I am going to give feedback on the new system so they can fix my ODO for a scab, they better think again. Follow it, tell them it works great, and let it explode.

Excellent example.

I figured it out before we got orion. Just from reading how it was from a lot of the people on this site.

I refused to turn it off - when they realized my way was much better. It made me 10k more last yr alone.

If RDO is gonna go. Drivers need to follow it now. To start a habit of making more money. It is stupid. Yes. But kill them with their own programs and methods. They can't do anything about it

Brownee

My supervisor believes "ORION is just another tool to help drivers do their jobs". Unless we are constantly running over on hours or miles, they don't address it any.

It's needs a lot of work anyway, especially dispatch doing their part. Basic Saturday plan:
ORION leave building time 8:10, start time 8:30, actual leave building time 8:50 if I can get others to move their trucks.
Last air planned to be delivered at 11:48. 40 minutes behind plan before even starting so ORION plan now has last air at 12:28. Late air or break trace.
8:30 planned delivery or businesses that don't open until 10:00. More breaking trace to backtrack, which puts further behind.
"Residential" stops for assisted care homes now are going to get delivered after security leaves at 5:00. More breaking trace to jump ahead, then backtracking for stops skipped.
Final outcome: 10 hour plan takes 12+ hours if trying to follow ORION.

On a normal day it's run straight air plus any nearby commercial I can find that's not in my main commercial area (very small) until 10. Go to main commercial area and run all commercial there and air. Stop and spend 45 minutes to reload every single package in the truck. Run of any schools plus what commercial is near them. Lunch before 1 if possible, always before 2. Deliver whatever section of my route still has commercial. Then what section is next to that, and so on..

Don't forget the bulk stop(s) or sofa/bookcase/tires in the center aisle manifested to be delivered mid-day preventing access to the 5-8K shelves that ORION does not see.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Don't forget the bulk stop(s) or sofa/bookcase/tires in the center aisle manifested to be delivered mid-day preventing access to the 5-8K shelves that ORION does not see.
OMG, I loathe that too on the eggplant side of Vision turn by turns... I don't follow my Orion trace until I clear out my aisle in the middle.

Once 1300 to 1500 comes, I'm stress free since my preloader set up the rest of my stops perfectly
sketch-1516640135805.png

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

My last 80+ stops or so just flies outta my truck Wif no stress!

Indecisi0n

And this should be the mindset of every driver. Why fight it? I always said if they want to pay me to aimlessly drive around in circles then so be it. Only reaponse I get back from the gunners are "but I want to get home." If you want to be home early then get a different job.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
And this should be the mindset of every driver. Why fight it? I always said if they want to pay me to aimlessly drive around in circles then so be it. Only reaponse I get back from the gunners are "but I want to get home." If you want to be home early then get a different job.
Every time my sup says I dont have to follow it (his way of saying please don't follow it), I tell him ups paid alot of money for Orion and it would be a shame not to utilize such a useful tool that knows more than me. About once every 2 months, I run it my way just to beat it by 50 miles to show them how bad they screwed up.

3 done 3 to go

Every time my sup says I dont have to follow it (his way of saying please don't follow it), I tell him ups paid alot of money for Orion and it would be a shame not to utilize such a useful tool that knows more than me. About once every 2 months, I run it my way just to beat it by 50 miles to show them how bad they screwed up.
Give them nothing

JL 0513

Give them nothing

It is fun pointing out how stupid it is though.

Not even sure who's paying attention to individual route performance though. Mostly, it's building performance as an average higher ups see.

They see the buildings compliance number. The driver's number is mostly noticed by just your buildings manager. Same with mileage, paid over/under.

So if a driver kills Orion's planned mileage by not following it, upper management likely has no clue how bad Orion is even though you're on car noticed. So the message never gets to where it needs to go.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
JL, So gather together as teamsters and ALL of you show that building that OrioN is :censored2:, unless there are specialized personnel who can tweak each and every route daily to fit their needs (LoL like that's gonna happen)

JL 0513

Your- it belongs to you.
You're- a contraction of the words "you" and "are".

Example; I bet you're glad your packages arrived today.

Learning is fun.

You don't think I know this? It's called typing quickly on a phone (tapping predicted words). Not publishing a book here.