Herman Cain

klein

Für Meno :)
Take home pay will be much the same with 9% income tax. Just that everyone will need to pay the 9% CONSUMPTION TAX ON TOP OF IT ALL.

Start taxing all your tax free bennies,including health care , by 9%, no more tax deduction for union fees. Would net about the same as you net now.
But it goes for a good cause - giving to the rich and wealthy, that would no longer need to pay taxes on dividends or on capital gains, which is for many rich people their major source of income.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Take home pay will be much the same with 9% income tax. Just that everyone will need to pay the 9% CONSUMPTION TAX ON TOP OF IT ALL.

Start taxing all your tax free bennies,including health care , by 9%, no more tax deduction for union fees. Would net about the same as you net now.
But it goes for a good cause - giving to the rich and wealthy, that would no longer need to pay taxes on dividends or on capital gains, which is for many rich people their major source of income.

You know, as much as I like Cain, he probably doesn't have the organization or the money to beat Obama's big bucks. So all this talk of 9-9-9 is moot.

klein

9-9-9 will no go thru. Cain would lose that debate before he even gets nominated as a candidate.

Just think about small businesses. Those people that want to start a dog grooming business or a Hairsalon, or anything else for that matter.
They will no longer be able to write of their leases or utilty bills, not even an employee if they need to hire one.
Not a company car , not the gas to drive it.
How do you think they'll survive and to whom they must add the extra costs affilated to ? - Yup, you - the customer, plus the 9% tax on top of it all.
His 9-9-9 will not create jobs, but it will destroy any new small businesses trying to even start up.

So, I agree with you Moreluck, this thread is useless, since 9-9-9 will never, ever happen !

moreluck

golden ticket member
9-9-9 will no go thru. Cain would lose that debate before he even gets nominated as a candidate.

Just think about small businesses. Those people that want to start a dog grooming business or a Hairsalon, or anything else for that matter.
They will no longer be able to write of their leases or utilty bills, not even an employee if they need to hire one.
Not a company car , not the gas to drive it.
How do you think they'll survive and to whom they must add the extra costs affilated to ? - Yup, you - the customer, plus the 9% tax on top of it all.
His 9-9-9 will not create jobs, but it will destroy any new small businesses trying to even start up.

So, I agree with you Moreluck, this thread is useless, since 9-9-9 will never, ever happen !
And you still managed to talk more about it.....go eat your turkey!!!!!!!!!

klein

And you still managed to talk more about it.....go eat your turkey!!!!!!!!!

images

brett636

You do realize that under 9-9-9 or Fairtax you will no longer have a 401k, nor will you be able to right off the interest on your mortgage.

Last year my effective tax rate on income was 9.58% after factoring in all my tax breaks, even though my top marginal rate was 25%. Cain's plan would drop that to 9% but that drop would be more than offset by the 9% national sales tax, which would cost me close to another $1000.00 per year just on groceries. I would have paid more in taxes last year under 9-9-9 and my tax situation isn't that unusual.

You are just looking at the federal income tax. The 9-9-9 plan eliminates the Social Security tax(6.2%) and the Medicare tax(1.45%) as well. So your real tax rate is 17.23% and that is the rate that would be dropped down to 9%. Throw in the 9% sales tax an all new items only and I bet that does not make up the difference so your assumptions are wrong. You would have more money under the 9-9-9 plan not less.

brett636

To say the poor aren't affected by the "999" plan is just complete ignorance or misunderstanding.

How can someone who is low income, who was paying a lower sales tax as it is ( say 4%) - now upped to 9% - losing 5% of their money on ALL ITEMS PURCHASED relative to before - food, clothing etc etc...

How is that a good thing? Do you think the poor can afford higher taxes, such as this one example?

Or a 9% tax when they were paying 0% federal tax before?

This whole plan smells like a shakedown of the poor, and the money is funneled right up to the wealthy . Without any real meat and potatoes, we can assume that is the premise and backbone.

I'd imagine that when the 9-9-9 plan hits actual legislation it will include another great idea from the fairtax, and that is what is referred to as the prebate. With the prebate every American would recieve a check for the amount of the sales tax that they would be paying up to the poverty level basically allowing the basic necessities of life to be paid for before the federal government gets paid. The "working poor" you worry yourself so much about will probably get this in one form or another and the rich will be paying most of the taxes just like they do now.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You know, as much as I like Cain, he probably doesn't have the organization or the money to beat Obama's big bucks. So all this talk of 9-9-9 is moot.

I see you watched the segment on FOXED SPEWS this morning where you lifted this sentence from. I agree, CAIN has no chance, he is "flavor of the month" for a party without direction or a clue.

Peace.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'd imagine that when the 9-9-9 plan hits actual legislation it will include another great idea from the fairtax, and that is what is referred to as the prebate. With the prebate every American would recieve a check for the amount of the sales tax that they would be paying up to the poverty level basically allowing the basic necessities of life to be paid for before the federal government gets paid. The "working poor" you worry yourself so much about will probably get this in one form or another and the rich will be paying most of the taxes just like they do now.
No offense but I asked for factual content, not imagination. This 9 -9 - 9 plan is nothing more than an ill concieved class warfare machine

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You are just looking at the federal income tax. The 9-9-9 plan eliminates the Social Security tax(6.2%) and the Medicare tax(1.45%) as well. So your real tax rate is 17.23% and that is the rate that would be dropped down to 9%. Throw in the 9% sales tax an all new items only and I bet that does not make up the difference so your assumptions are wrong. You would have more money under the 9-9-9 plan not less.

Hey we get it, YOU dont get it.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"You don't understand....you don't get it."
Yep, same M.O. !!

Seeing you get up every morning, get your coffee, sit down, grab the remote, turn on foxed spews and recieve your daily programming and repeat that routine day after day, then you can see why I repeat "you dont get it, you dont understand" to you everyday.

Its the kind of programming you understand. You watch a channel that repeats the same stories hour after hour, minute after minute, day after day until its fans start repeating it themselves.

It works, on people like you.

Its YOUR M.O.

Peace.

Last edited:

klein

Brett has kids going to school, it really makes me wonder how willing his is to give up all the child tax credits, and perhaps mortgage tax credits, even his healthcare bennies being taxed at 9%, 401K's and union dues, just to have a republican in power.

Figure out all those costs and savings Brett, and let me know how much more money Cain will give you, and how it increases your buying power.
What a joke !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brett has kids going to school, it really makes me wonder how willing his is to give up all the child tax credits, and perhaps mortgage tax credits, even his healthcare bennies being taxed at 9%, 401K's and union dues, just to have a republican in power.

Figure out all those costs and savings Brett, and let me know how much more money Cain will give you, and how it increases your buying power.
What a joke !

Did I miss something? Did we have the election already? Did Cain win ??

brett636

No offense but I asked for factual content, not imagination. This 9 -9 - 9 plan is nothing more than an ill concieved class warfare machine

The only one spewing class warfare is you and your fellow Marxists. Worrying about the working poor who will benefit from the 9-9-9 plan, and being equally worried about those evil "rich" people who will equally benefit creating more jobs for the working poor that you pretend to worry so much about when it is more power for the state that you desire. A wealthy person will benefit from a reduction in taxes more so than others because they pay more, and I pay no heed to it. What I posted is not imagination, it is fact if the 9-9-9 plan is in fact a road to the fairtax than it will most likely incorporate more ideas from the fairtax and the prebate is one of them. Read the fairtax book and get back to me. That is the tax system we need and if the 9-9-9 plan gets us there so be it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The only one spewing class warfare is you and your fellow Marxists. Worrying about the working poor who will benefit from the 9-9-9 plan, and being equally worried about those evil "rich" people who will equally benefit creating more jobs for the working poor that you pretend to worry so much about when it is more power for the state that you desire. A wealthy person will benefit from a reduction in taxes more so than others because they pay more, and I pay no heed to it. What I posted is not imagination, it is fact if the 9-9-9 plan is in fact a road to the fairtax than it will most likely incorporate more ideas from the fairtax and the prebate is one of them. Read the fairtax book and get back to me. That is the tax system we need and if the 9-9-9 plan gets us there so be it.
No facts, only falsehoods.