Herman Cain

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do realize that under 9-9-9 or Fairtax you will no longer have a 401k, nor will you be able to right off the interest on your mortgage.

Last year my effective tax rate on income was 9.58% after factoring in all my tax breaks, even though my top marginal rate was 25%. Cain's plan would drop that to 9% but that drop would be more than offset by the 9% national sales tax, which would cost me close to another $1000.00 per year just on groceries. I would have paid more in taxes last year under 9-9-9 and my tax situation isn't that unusual.

I realize that the deduction for contributions to a 401k would be eliminated but the accounts themselves would still exist. I also realize that the mortgage interest deduction would be gone (I will miss that one).

not quite what was being said, but I know you dont read well.

Peace.
True, that isn't "quite" what he said, but it was dang sure what he meant. But I know you have the tendency to ignore what doesn't fit into your spin.

I don't read fast but my comprehension is really close to 100%. One doesn't have to even read or hear exactly what Sharpton said to understand he is questioning Cain's "blackness", Sharpton has been on the record for years as a racist toward white people ( in this case anyone that "acts white") and I don't look for him to change anytime soon. Sharpton is not known for being unbiased at any turn.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Poverty Ambassadors” Cornel West And Tavis Smiley Rip Herman Cain For Saying Blacks Shouldn’t Blame Racism For Holding Them Back…
tavis-smiley-cornel-west-550x394.jpg

Then again, Cain is threatening Smiley and West’s livelihood as the two of them make a living off playing the race card.
Poverty ambassadors blast Herman Cain’s views on racism – CNN
GOP hopeful Herman Cain drew concern from some black opinion elites Monday after expressing his views on racism and how it affects the upward mobility of African Americans.

“People sometimes hold themselves back because they want to use racism as an excuse for them not being able to achieve what they want to achieve,” Cain, the only African-American vying for the Republican slot on the 2012 ticket, told CNN’s Candy Crowley on Sunday’s “State of the Union.”

Appearing Monday on CNN Newsroom, PBS host Tavis Smiley and Princeton University Professor Dr. Cornel West –the brain trust for the 18-city “Poverty Tour” that aims to highlight the plight of poor people– begged to differ.

“There are disparities in this country in every [socioeconomic] factor that we follow. In every aspect of our human endeavors in this country there is a racial disparity element that’s a part of it. It’s almost silly to respond to [Cain] because the evidence is so overwhelming,” Smiley said.

“There’s disparity in healthcare. There’s disparity economically.”

West, taking a sharper route, also challenged Cain’s understanding of the economic issues that affect black Americans, saying, “Black people have been working hard for decades. I think [Cain] needs to get off the symbolic crack pipe and acknowledge the evidence is overwhelming

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Poverty Ambassadors” Cornel West And Tavis Smiley Rip Herman Cain For Saying Blacks Shouldn’t Blame Racism For Holding Them Back…
tavis-smiley-cornel-west-550x394.jpg

Then again, Cain is threatening Smiley and West’s livelihood as the two of them make a living off playing the race card.
Poverty ambassadors blast Herman Cain’s views on racism – CNN
GOP hopeful Herman Cain drew concern from some black opinion elites Monday after expressing his views on racism and how it affects the upward mobility of African Americans.

“People sometimes hold themselves back because they want to use racism as an excuse for them not being able to achieve what they want to achieve,” Cain, the only African-American vying for the Republican slot on the 2012 ticket, told CNN’s Candy Crowley on Sunday’s “State of the Union.”

Appearing Monday on CNN Newsroom, PBS host Tavis Smiley and Princeton University Professor Dr. Cornel West –the brain trust for the 18-city “Poverty Tour” that aims to highlight the plight of poor people– begged to differ.

“There are disparities in this country in every [socioeconomic] factor that we follow. In every aspect of our human endeavors in this country there is a racial disparity element that’s a part of it. It’s almost silly to respond to [Cain] because the evidence is so overwhelming,” Smiley said.

“There’s disparity in healthcare. There’s disparity economically.”

West, taking a sharper route, also challenged Cain’s understanding of the economic issues that affect black Americans, saying, “Black people have been working hard for decades. I think [Cain] needs to get off the symbolic crack pipe and acknowledge the evidence is overwhelming

CAIN will say things like this because the "closet racist" responds to this kind of argument. White people respond to the call of the "lazy black" and if it fits the narative then CAIN hopes to gain the "WHITE" vote.

As if Blacks and other minorities havent hard it tough for 200 years in this country. CAIN has assimilated into the "white" business world and left his fellow black citizens behind to fend for themselves.

He wants to blame them in order to separate himself and appear as if he worked his way to the top, even if it was for a couple of seconds of "at the top".

I agree with the negative comments on CAIN. He is a sellout.

Peace.

brett636

The only one spewing class warfare is you and your fellow Marxists. Worrying about the working poor who will benefit from the 9-9-9 plan, and being equally worried about those evil "rich" people who will equally benefit creating more jobs for the working poor that you pretend to worry so much about when it is more power for the state that you desire. A wealthy person will benefit from a reduction in taxes more so than others because they pay more, and I pay no heed to it. What I posted is not imagination, it is fact if the 9-9-9 plan is in fact a road to the fairtax than it will most likely incorporate more ideas from the fairtax and the prebate is one of them. Read the fairtax book and get back to me. That is the tax system we need and if the 9-9-9 plan gets us there so be it.
No facts, only falsehoods.[/QUOTE]

Which is pretty much all you post. I accept your defeat in this debate considering multiple times on multiple topics you have refused to respond to mine.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No actually I just got home from work and there are so many doors slammed shut, that Ill just keep listening to any positive messages I can hear, and they are all coming from Herman Cain, tonight on that awful fox station, yesterday on that awful cspan station. Just terrible the positive messages I hear.
Not too much out of the Obama camp other than, "I believe him, he didnt know" and pass that bill. LOL.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes the Uncle tom, the token black, the guy that doesnt have a chance, yet ahead in all the polls. Hes the guy everyone loves to hate, coz hes too good, just like in Nascar, I know all the left wing tooty fruits hate Nascar, Too much gas, too much pollution, too many people having fun, yea they hate that.
The man in black Dale Earnhardt, was always hated, or loved. No in between. This man that is black is being hated for the same reason. While you may not agree with everything he says or does, he is the undisputed number one.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cain's real problem will be the lack of funds to mount a serious campaign.
Mitt & Perry seem to have larger war chests, thus putting him in a dangerous position of just where to use what little he has to get the max. coverage.