How much can mgmt change a bid route?

Ghost in the Darkness

Whenever I work less than 12 my wife asks if I got fired

Really, here they are home by 5. Center manager gone by 3, sups make a break for it soon after. Why not, your job consists of reading a few numbers, and chasing some misloads which you may or may not actually deliver. We all know you people have no clue what a commercial stop is even with computer assistance. The only way you know is if somebody sheets one closed after 5, but it doesn't take long to forget again. Sups who aren't green were drivers who couldn't hack delivery long term. Thats why when we have your little talk time pcm in the morning, it sounds like Miss Othmar babbling on. You are not necessarily hated, just not respected.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Really, here they are home by 5. Center manager gone by 3, sups make a break for it soon after. Why not, your job consists of reading a few numbers, and chasing some misloads which you may or may not actually deliver. We all know you people have no clue what a commercial stop is even with computer assistance. The only way you know is if somebody sheets one closed after 5, but it doesn't take long to forget again. Sups who aren't green were drivers who couldn't hack delivery long term. Thats why when we have your little talk time pcm in the morning, it sounds like Miss Othmar babbling on. You are not necessarily hated, just not respected.
You think you know my job, but you just proved you don't have a clue.

Ghost in the Darkness

You think you know my job, but you just proved you don't have a clue.

Lol... without the boots one the ground this company is nothing. Just remember the days where you are short staffed and are widdling in your clean dress pants about having to go out on the road. Those are the days you provide something for the drivers.... comic relief.

UPSWife1

Eeeek, what a pathetic, ugly couple of people. I feel sorry for you, that you have nothing better to do than mock and belittle others.

For those who did advise, thank you. I'll pass on the suggestions I have found here and he'll do what he thinks is best.

I have the time and inclination to cruise this forum. He doesn't have the time so what's wrong with me trying to help? He also has a 'management sympathetic' steward and a lazy Union rep. Where exactly do you suggest he go for informed assistance?

When I've had questions, I've always been able to come here. Thank you all for your help.
My husband has an outlying area bid route, lots of miles but not many stops. Over the years this route has grown and grown, his normal day has become 10 to 11 hours a day or more on occasion. He wants to file 9.5 but he's getting lots of comments, since it looks to be hard to fix.

Mgmt- " What if I decided to split your route and give another driver the easy miles?"

Mgmt - " When you're on vacation how come the younger guys can run your route faster?" ( Yes, I really loved that comment.)

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen a similar situation? How much can they change his route?
If he doesn't want to work all of those hours he is going have to feel a grievance and be prepared for battle.

As far as someone else running it faster who gives a :censored2:.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Eeeek, what a pathetic, ugly couple of people. I feel sorry for you, that you have nothing better to do than mock and belittle others.

For those who did advise, thank you. I'll pass on the suggestions I have found here and he'll do what he thinks is best.

I have the time and inclination to cruise this forum. He doesn't have the time so what's wrong with me trying to help? He also has a 'management sympathetic' steward and a lazy Union rep. Where exactly do you suggest he go for informed assistance?
No matter what a wife can never truely understand this place. That's why he should be on here asking. He has time.

542thruNthru

You do realize that we all do the same job as your husband and work long hours. Though we seem to find the time to ask questions and handle our business.

Sound like he needs to stop being a push over and get on the 9.5 list and keep filing. Heck maybe you can call his center manager or on-road supervisor and tell them to stop bullying your son. Oops I mean Husband.

The shop steward and lazy union rep are excuses like "oh I got a bad grade in History because the teacher hates me!"

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Sometimes, in a marriage, it takes a little push from the wife to get the lead out. I saw it many times. Apathy from drivers is the biggest problem most stewards face. Not the Oncar. Not the center mgr. Not the dm or DM. The drivers own apathy.

barnyard

KTM rider
In the past, the ORS' have asked the driver which part of their route they wanted to follow. We have a new ORS that has not been giving anyone a choice and been making the changes on his own. 1 driver has grieved it and his route is changing again.

The contract covers route changes, but much of it is up to local past practice.

To the OP, your husband already knows his options.