How much can mgmt change a bid route?

35years

Gravy route
They can change his route in any way, and as much, as they want.

You would then have to find out what happens in your part of the country. In some places, the bid driver would get to pick which part of his split route he keeps.
In addition some places allow you to bump any less senior driver off thier bid route permanently if they change your route over 40%

Over70irregs

Respectfully I disagree but like you said every area is different. I have personally fought this very topic brother and went toe-to-toe with the company over this topic. I quoted language like “bible scripture” but alas the fix was in. The beast WILL do as she pleases. Afterwhile PVD’s will chop routes into noodles under the guise of HELP. Mark it sir......

quad decade guy

Respectfully I disagree but like you said every area is different. I have personally fought this very topic brother and went toe-to-toe with the company over this topic. I quoted language like “bible scripture” but alas the fix was in. The beast WILL do as she pleases. Afterwhile PVD’s will chop routes into noodles under the guise of HELP. Mark it sir......
This is how it is around here....^

Some of these guys seem.....seem to run UPS.....like they own the place.

May be some places....

I know how our district is run and our building and how much the union can and can't do. Or won't....

And it's been this way for 40 years around here.

Over70irregs

Yeah leadership is lacking country wide. Right now I’m in “pay me” mode. I enjoy certain aspects but writing is on the wall. It’s their company so let them have it. Thanks for allowing beards, afros , braids and tattoos. Bitter? Naw, just sweating my assets for our CEO.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yeah leadership is lacking country wide. Right now I’m in “pay me” mode. I enjoy certain aspects but writing is on the wall. It’s their company so let them have it. Thanks for allowing beards, afros , braids and tattoos. Bitter? Naw, just sweating my assets for our CEO.
Enjoy it while it lasts

Zowert

Tell him to file a harassment grievance every time management makes those snarky comments. Never put up with that passive aggressive BS from supes or managers. Seriously, he pays union dues for a reason, this is one of them.

watdaflock?

When I've had questions, I've always been able to come here. Thank you all for your help.
My husband has an outlying area bid route, lots of miles but not many stops. Over the years this route has grown and grown, his normal day has become 10 to 11 hours a day or more on occasion. He wants to file 9.5 but he's getting lots of comments, since it looks to be hard to fix.

Mgmt- " What if I decided to split your route and give another driver the easy miles?"

Mgmt - " When you're on vacation how come the younger guys can run your route faster?" ( Yes, I really loved that comment.)

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen a similar situation? How much can they change his route?
Do you also wipe for your husband?