How's the view???........

Cementups

Box Monkey
Guess when it gets hot enough you just have to make your own venting....

fedexopen.png

DS

Fenderbender
It really does, but we actually drove 5,165 miles in 8 days. This is one of those stops. Theodore roosevelt National Park (The Badlands)
Holy crap.no time for the "are we there yet's" or the I gotta pees....
I found this tidbit about how many miles to drive in a day.
500 miles is close to ideal.
600 is a very long day and for a solo traveler, really should be pretty close to the limit.
700 miles starts to really get into the grueling stage, and really can't be recommended for a solo driver.
800 or more starts putting you over the 14 hour mark on the road, and really isn't recommended even if you have multiple drivers.
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?13752-How-far-is-it-safe-to-drive-in-one-day

I love driving,we went to Nova Scotia and I loved it,we did over 3000 in a week

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

600 is a very long day and for a solo traveler, really should be pretty close to the limit.
700 miles starts to really get into the grueling stage, and really can't be recommended for a solo driver.
800 or more starts putting you over the 14 hour mark on the road, and really isn't recommended even if you have multiple drivers.
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?13752-How-far-is-it-safe-to-drive-in-one-day

When the kids were young we took them to Disney World in Orlando, which is about 1,500 miles. We wanted to stay as long as possible so rather than make the drive back in two days we did it in one. 22 1/2 hours, 3 stops (food/gas/bathroom). I will never do that again.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The funny part about this drive was, the girls were so cool about it all. We stopped when we "needed" to, of course, but most of the driving was at night, it seemed.

206065_10150264419602092_638967091_7511585_2483708_n.jpg

Lets see. IL to CA in 34 hours flying air suburban. IL to Amarillo TX in 16. Las Vegas to IL in 22.
I`ve always loved big drives. Get a good running car and the right company and the miles fly by.

satellitedriver

That's why you took the bus through Texas.:peaceful:
On the Texas Interstate's 70mph is just a suggested speed.

UPS Lifer

that looks like a cutout

It is the lighting. There are no shadows. Pros use reflectors to capture the sun. My guess is the sun was filtered at just the right angle to create a perfect lighting condition for the picture. Steve will let us know!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It is the lighting. There are no shadows. Pros use reflectors to capture the sun. My guess is the sun was filtered at just the right angle to create a perfect lighting condition for the picture. Steve will let us know!
Actually, the background is real, it's us, that are cardboard cutouts, LOL. Lifer, you hit it right. The flash/sun effect, plus the fact that I resized the original photo, to about 1/10th the actual size.