How's the view???........

moreluck

golden ticket member
The rest of the story:

We've had two 'keets for about 3 1/2 years now, but one (Shaggy) died a few days ago. We thought the remaining one (Scooby) would get lonely, so we got him some friends.
What is the average lifespan of a parakeet?

As a kid, I had one and he flew into the Sunday Sauce on the stove......he lived through it.....but my mom through (in honor of Orly!) out the sauce.

rod

Retired 23 years
Lol! Our son will be watching them while we're gone. He's moving back in with us soon anyhow....
I knew the day would come.

One of those politicians was talking about the Americam Dream the other day. He said the American Dream used to be to "own your own house" now it is "to get your kids to move out of your house".

over9five

Staff member
What is the average lifespan of a parakeet?

I hear 7 - 10 years. This one was fine the day before. Wifey said he kinda started rocking back and forth on his perch, and fell to the floor of the cage dead. He was the bigger, stronger, more outgoing one too.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DSC05312.jpg

​This is the view I have off the deck, when it's still dark out.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DSC05316.jpg

The sun is just starting to come up, on the far right side of the photo.

DSC05317.jpg

We have deer year round and often see them in the clearing down below the last corral. The last 2 days we've had 5-6 doe with 1 2 point buck. (Not in this photo-need a better camera). On occasion we will see them in the front yard and have had them right up to the front door.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, I love the open terrain around your house. Are there trails going thru the brush up those hills? I know I'd be out hiking every weekend.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wow, I love the open terrain around your house. Are there trails going thru the brush up those hills? I know I'd be out hiking every weekend.
It's mostly low scrub. With the exception of trying brush pop the manzanita, it's all fairly easy hiking. No trails needed. I would prefer to be out horseback riding, rather than hiking it. Hiking in this during the summer is a dicey proposition though. You would definitely want to wear leather gators. We have Mojave Rattlesnakes and they are nothing to fool around with. Very aggressive, very bad tempers and very bad toxin.

over9five

Staff member
It's mostly low scrub. With the exception of trying brush pop the manzanita, it's all fairly easy hiking. No trails needed. I would prefer to be out horseback riding, rather than hiking it. Hiking in this during the summer is a dicey proposition though. You would definitely want to wear leather gators. We have Mojave Rattlesnakes and they are nothing to fool around with. Very aggressive, very bad tempers and very bad toxin.
Oops, never mind. I hate snakes.