How's the view???........

I'm not sure where my book on Eastern birds is at right now but just an off hand guess it might be in the Thrasher family.
Good call Dilli...
bird.jpg
Brown Thrasher
bird.jpg

Indecisi0n

Georgia State Bird, shows you how much of a bird fan I am. Birds are interesting to watch though, like any other wildlife. I have always felt sorry for birds in cages, they can't do what is natural for them.

I went to make a del the other day and a customer had trapped a squirrel in a cage in front of his garage. I guess it was going into his house but not anymore. I went right up to the cage and he started freaking out. lol.

UPS Lifer

When we lived in California all we saw were brown & grey birds in our backyard. There was the occasional hawk also! But once we move to Sedona my wife could not get enough of bird watching. She sits in the backyard and catalogs them. They actually have colors! WHO KNEW! Blue - Red - Yellow - Orange - and Lime Green! This is a fly catcher getting ready to feed it's young in the birdhouse. My favorite bird is the Cardinal and we have a whole family of them.
Backyard10SLS160.jpg
Backyard10SLS160.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
I went to make a del the other day and a customer had trapped a squirrel in a cage in front of his garage. I guess it was going into his house but not anymore. I went right up to the cage and he started freaking out. lol.

I caught my neighbors cat in a live trap the other day and he wasn't a happy camper either. The cat - not the neighbor. I had a long talk with the cat about staying out of my workshop and eating my cats food --- he promised he wouldn't do it anymore so I turned him loose.

over9five

Staff member
Those things work great ---- if the soil conditions are right. Did you do a test boring to see what kind of soil you are dealing with?

No. They did warn us that they have no idea how well it will perk, but unless water spouts up through it, it will be better than what's happening now!

Watch, with my luck it will look like this:

geyser-california-old-faithful.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When we lived in California all we saw were brown & grey birds in our backyard. There was the occasional hawk also! But once we move to Sedona my wife could not get enough of bird watching. She sits in the backyard and catalogs them. They actually have colors! WHO KNEW! Blue - Red - Yellow - Orange - and Lime Green! This is a fly catcher getting ready to feed it's young in the birdhouse. My favorite bird is the Cardinal and we have a whole family of them.
View attachment 6953

I do the same. I have identified more than two dozen birds that are regulars. My favorites are the Cardinals as well. Of course the Hummingbirds are up there too.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This dog was likely a stray that got dumped out in the country and then hit by a car and left for dead on the highway out in front of a huge vineyard on my route.

One of the vineyard workers found her and took her to the vet, who wound up having to amputate her leg. She was then "adopted" by the farm workers and spends her days running free on a 500 acre vineyard/winery. Despite the loss of the leg, this gal is one of the FASTEST dogs I have ever seen. She lives to chase the ball. When I pull in there for their daily pickup, she hears my truck and will literally come hauling ass from half a mile away in order to take a flying leap into the truck and get her biscuit. No joke, I was delivering there for weeks before I even noticed that she only had 3 legs. If you pick up her ball and start throwing it, you will wear your arm out before she gets tired. Its amazing how adaptable dogs can be.

tripod.jpg