How's the view???........

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
...with your shirt untucked???...and with possible wood?:surprised: ........................../\

My shirt is always untucked. That's how I roll.

Cement is wearing a shirt jac---they are not meant to be tucked in.

looked at the picture * you are wrong * that is not a shirt-jac
No, I'm not. Go back and look at the picture. It's hard to tell because his left hand is in his pocket but the bottom of the shirt is hemmed and is the same length.

Yes, you are wrong Nancy.
Hemmed shirts have a seam 2" above the bottom of the shirt resulting a band at the bottom and are always short sleeved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Actually, we have a female supe that wears long-sleeved shirt-jacs.

But, obviously, Cement is not her.:surprised:
UPSGuy.jpg

You're right, that can't be her in the brown.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Didn't think my gear would be such a debate. It is indeed a regular long sleeve shirt UNTUCKED. As I said, I never tuck my shirt in. Even now, I have been wearing shorts (even though it was 35 and snowy today) and a short sleeve jacket shirt covered by a regular long sleeve shirt with only two of the bottom buttons buttoned.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You can get long-sleeved jack shirts, they have been on the uniform order form for a year or two. I only know one driver that wears them, they don't seem to be popular. Cementups doesn't appear to be wearing one to me.

satellitedriver

Didn't think my gear would be such a debate. It is indeed a regular long sleeve shirt UNTUCKED. As I said, I never tuck my shirt in. Even now, I have been wearing shorts (even though it was 35 and snowy today) and a short sleeve jacket shirt covered by a regular long sleeve shirt with only two of the bottom buttons buttoned.
A untucked "tailed" shirt is against dress code.
Not that I care, but it does look sloppy.

rod

Retired 23 years
A untucked "tailed" shirt is against dress code.
Not that I care, but it does look sloppy.

I would agree it might look a little sloppy BUT-------the average Joe Schmuck working at a loading dock or the person at the reception counter really don't give a hoot what you look like. All they are concerned with is what the packages look like. Even with shirt tails nicely tuck in your average UPS driver more that likely has sweat running down his face, his hands and arms are black as coal from handling dirty cardboard and his clothes look like they have been slept in. Natzi Brown is not a flattering color to begin with.

UPS Lifer

No, I'm not. Go back and look at the picture. It's hard to tell because his left hand is in his pocket but the bottom of the shirt is hemmed and is the same length.

You got to be kidding me!! First of all - I could care less how he wears his shirt. If I was his supervisor, I might say to tuck it in if I saw him out on area. BUT to try and insist that it is a shirt jac type shirt? The shirt jac shirts have a button on the bottom of the shirt. The shirt clearly has a front tail. I am thinking you might want to rest your eyes and put the readers on!! :bloodshot:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thankfully I work in an area where we load the trucks inside of a building.

Most of our routes are loaded indoors, but due to overcrowding there are a few that are loaded out of MDU "doghouses" that stick out of the side of the building. These doghouses are heated and mostly weatherproofed, and since we are outside then when preload wraps we can usually get rolling and get the heck out of the building before the big traffic jam starts. Really the only downside to being loaded outside is having to scrape the frost and snow off of your windshield during the winter months while the truck idles in the morning.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Me and the boy went for a little drive to pick up some parts I bought off Craigslist. He loves going being able to sit in the front seat. Such a thrill for a 3.5 year old

DA9A40B5-4443-46E0-80FF-9759EEA015AD-5184-000003CA919DC645.jpg