How's the view???........

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
21CA7D41-78D4-4939-8ED8-B1310373E545-13192-000013DE532B4256.jpg

Does every​ animal on your route come to bum a treat?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are few chores in life more miserable than having to crawl around underneath a package car in order to put THESE :censored2: things on.

You wind up with a wet ass and wet knees. Your hands get numb and your knuckles get scraped. They are filthy and rusty and pair of them weighs over 70 lbs so lugging the bag in and out of the car is a real pain in the ass. Once you finally have them installed, all you can hear going down the road is chingchingchingchingchingching and every metal surface in the package car buzzes and vibrates. They make your mirrors shake so bad you can barely see. You can only go 35MPH max with them installed, even on bare pavement. Usually its dark when you finally take them off before driving back to the building, so you have to hold a flashlight in your mouth while you crawl around on your knees to unhook them. Installing and removing them takes a total of about 20 minutes, and everything about dealing with them just plain SUCKS.

I know I shouldnt complain; the guys down in town have a bazillion stops crammed into their cars whereas I am up on the mountain by myself with a truck I can walk through even during peak. On a nice sunny day, nothing beats a rural route...but this time of year the days arent nice and sunny.

8218411B-DB6C-40C4-8007-D675BEE2B289-13817-000014B0BB67007A.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
On my old route which was rural, the guy before me would pull into the one local glass plant and they would hook the back end of his package car up the winch on the ceiling. They would lift his truck and put the chains on for him while he went and got coffee ad went to the bathroom. They would also "deliver" that stop for him and go through his load and pick out packages for people who worked there and save him 20 extra stops. And of course sheet them separately as well so he would get credit for them. Nice to walk into a route with already trained customers. ;)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Took this shot of inclement weather that's gunna cause Monday's air to be late. Good thing we have EC option in the board in times like these. Hoax, PM me if you need me to pull you out of the driveway.
4907DA20-2868-409C-A653-78F59A43311F-3700-00000B70D00E8599.jpg

trickpony1

this reminds me of the Saturday Night Live character who looks in the mirror and pumps up his ego with stuff I can't remember but the last phrase is "....and, dog gone it, people like me.".

Maybe our computer wizards can post a video?