How's the view???........

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Today I picked 30 pounds of cucumbers, 12 pounds of tomatoes, a big bowl of chery tomatoes, a bunch of bell peppers, and a big bowl of fresh basil out of my garden. Time to make a reeallly big salad!

I'll be right over but please hold the Cucumbers for my salad, I'm allergic.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Nice to know the bandwagon against Walmart is getting fuller. Including myself. I only go as a last resort.

A customer had received about 5 wine fridges from Walmart and all 5 have been returned. On the 5th one today I received this note:

C99A1A27-88E2-4922-A526-0572FC28A167-3507-00000329022EFF71_zpsc6a49365.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
Why? And what replaces Wally World for you? Curious

Target, every day of the week that ends in the letter Y. I don't mind paying a little more for a better atmosphere to shop in. Trust me, if you would visit our Walmart, you would feel the same. There are others a few miles away that are much nicer but not worth the extra travel time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Target, every day of the week that ends in the letter Y. I don't mind paying a little more for a better atmosphere to shop in. Trust me, if you would visit our Walmart, you would feel the same. There are others a few miles away that are much nicer but not worth the extra travel time.
Tell the truth....you just like the smell of freshly popped popcorn wafting through the store.

FilingBluesFL

I have 3 Publix stores closer to me than Wal-Mart...

It looks like those that usually go to Wal-Mart also noticed...

I used to pay extra not to have to see this... now I might as well still go to Wal-Mart.
GrannyAss.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Our Target store.....very new.....smells like the movie theaters. I stop there to just buy the popcorn to have as a snack when we watch our movies. It's better than microwave popcorn.
I just taught my Girl's how to make popcorn in a pan. They love to make popcorn this way and we get to avoid all the additives in microwave and bagged popcorn. Instead of taking 3.5 minutes, it takes 22, but it's oh so worth it all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just taught my Girl's how to make popcorn in a pan. They love to make popcorn this way and we get to avoid all the additives in microwave and bagged popcorn. Instead of taking 3.5 minutes, it takes 22, but it's oh so worth it all.
As a kid, we would shake a pot......we didn't have microwaves. My brother would always melt butter and pour it on top of his.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I used to love those old 1980s blower popcorn makers.

Remember these?
F369OA0F35J1NAS.LARGE.jpg

The best/fastest popcorn maker I've seen sold these days is the Presto PowerPop. It's a neat idea. It's a plastic bowl with a cardboard cup on the bottom that you put oil & popcorn seeds inside. You stick the whole thing in the microwave and it comes out really good. The crappy cheap microwave popcorn tastes so fake.
F369OA0F35J1NAS.LARGE.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I still have and use something like that, sans sticking it in the microwave.
Got it from my folks when they were doing spring cleaning a few years back.
​It's pretty awesome.

il_570xN.342557733.jpg
il_570xN.342557733.jpg