How's the view???........

Quit busting Dave's balls. He said "USS Arizona ?"
The question mark implying ,gee,a question? Besides he was Air Force. I bet if you guys were unsure how many guards it takes to guard a plane safely in a non-combat zone he wouldn't bust on you guys.

Z

ZQXC

The question mark implying ,gee,a question?

That would probably be a reasonable request, if he had named any other ship that has ever been commissioned by the USN.

School kids know about the Arizona.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The question mark implying ,gee,a question? Besides he was Air Force. I bet if you guys were unsure how many guards it takes to guard a plane safely in a non-combat zone he wouldn't bust on you guys.

I thought he was a gas jockey?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We learned about Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona in the 4th grade.

If Dave is gonna put his balls out on the chopping block by acting like and even claiming to be the resident "know it all" then he deserves to get them hammered when he asks such idiotic questions.

That would probably be a reasonable request, if he had named any other ship that has ever been commissioned by the USN.

School kids know about the Arizona.

Without looking any up on google how many can you name AND their significance in history?

We learned about Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona in the 4th grade.

If Dave is gonna put his balls out on the chopping block by acting like and even claiming to be the resident "know it all" then he deserves to get them hammered when he asks such idiotic questions.

If you're gonna rib him then do so. You guys are making it out like HE bombed the Arizona not the Germans.

Not funny at all.

If you have a shred a decency you will delete it.

No ,I won't.

My father fought in WWII at the age of 17 against the Japanese. I inherited his sense of humor and the right to express it because of his actions and those who fought with him. Just like it's Dave's right to be incorrect in his answer and your right to THINK you can tell others what to do on a public forum.

IF you happen to be a surviving Arizona vet then I apologize. If not then go piss up a tree.

That's exactly my point; I'm no military historian, but I know what happened to the Arizona.

We're not talking history. We're talking the inability of an individual to ID a ship off of a relatively poor picture. Sorry but the bridge in front didn't help. Yet you choose to truly belittle they guy instead of rib him a little. I asked you ,since you can be an expert on identifying a ship and it's significance, to do so. You waffled.
Here, off the top of my head. Anchored next to the Arizona is the battleship Missouri (Big Mo). Her significance is she was the ship on which the Japanese signed their unconditional surrender in Tokyo bay.

soberups

We're not talking history. We're talking the inability of an individual to ID a ship off of a relatively poor picture. Sorry but the bridge in front didn't help. Yet you choose to truly belittle they guy instead of rib him a little. I asked you ,since you can be an expert on identifying a ship and it's significance, to do so. You waffled.
Here, off the top of my head. Anchored next to the Arizona is the battleship Missouri (Big Mo). Her significance is she was the ship on which the Japanese signed their unconditional surrender in Tokyo bay.
We are talking history.

His first clue as to the fact that it wasn't the Arizona should have been that it was still floating. Plus any idiot should be able to tell the difference between an aircraft carrier and a battleship since one has a flat flight deck running its entire length (easily visible in the photo) and the other has turrets with guns.

If Dave wants to be the resident know it all, I have no problem with that. If he wants to be condescending and rude and arrogant, I have no problem with that either. But when he asks blatantly stupid questions that any 4th grader ought to be able to answer, he deserves to get his ass handed to him. Those who cant take the heat ought to stay out of the kitchen.

soberups

14579211021_5632d9473a_o.jpg
Only an idiot would fail to identify this ship as an aircraft carrier, especially with all those airplanes parked on the flight deck.

rod

Retired 22 years
No, this is the USS Arizona. #thanksforyourservice #godspeed #rip :usaflag2:

USS_Arizona_Memorial_(aerial_view).jpg

Still leaking diesel fuel after all these years. If you are ever in Hawaii its a MUST visit along with the USS Missouri. I met R. Lee Emery on the Big Mo when he was taping a segment for his "Mail Call" show. He insisted I take 2 pictures with him in case one didn't turn out. Just a super nice guy in real life.

Last edited:
Only an idiot would fail to identify this ship as an aircraft carrier, especially with all those airplanes parked on the flight deck.

And the cars driving by on the bridge. Not the best pic even enlarged.
I was catching up on the thread and laughed when I read his post and was going to rib him a little myself until I saw the gang bang of the history police take place. You say he irks you for doing the exact same thing you're doing to him.

rod

Retired 22 years
Still leaking diesel fuel after all these years. If you are ever in Hawaii its a MUST visit along with the USS Missouri. I met R. Lee Emery on the Big Mo when he was taping a segment for his "Mail Call" show. He insisted I take 2 pictures with him in case one didn't turn out. Just a super nice guy in real life.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sober, this is the third time you have called me an idiot for making an honest mistake. As Cach said, I used a ? as I wasn't quite sure. I guess we can all be thankful that you chose not to use 27 paragraphs to call me an idiot.

Resident know-it-all.