How's the view???........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Amazon wanted $20.80 through them, one of their venders called goHastings.com sold it to me for $15.30. New vinyl, I also got Led Zeppelin IV. New vinyl pressings usually go for about $20-25. I gave up bidding on a copy on eBay that Robert Plant and Jimmy Page signed. I dropped out at $48, it went for $118 among 17 bidders. I like a website called Discogs.com that has a lot of info and links to sellers for very good+++ to mint condition used records. I followed the directions, Let It Bleed starts with "Gimme Shelter" and ends with "You Can't Always Get What You Want". I also saw the Moody Blues the past Saturday night, very good show.

Overpaid Union Thug

I guess Spring is finally here.

Attachments

• 1458265841701.jpg
    1458265841701.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 204

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Pretty major culture shock for this Oregon native. My wife had a death in her family, she called me at 4:30 in the afternnoon on Wednesday to tell me that we would be leaving the house at 3:30 AM the following morning in order to catch a 6:30 AM flight from Portland to Atlanta, Georgia and then renting a car to drive to Columbus for the funeral and a reception across the river in Alabama. Its been 35 years since I flew in an airplane and the furthest east I have ever been is Montana, so the last couple of days have been pretty crazy. My wife grew up down here so she is used to the Southern accents and hers came right back. I, on the other hand, can barely understand some of the people. On the plus side, the term "Southern Hospitality" isn't a cliche, its really true. The people down here treat you like you are their best friend, even if they never met you before. And I even ate grits for the first time, at a place called the "Waffle House" which I am told is a requirement for anyone on their first visit to the South. The only thing I dont like is the heat--I was scraping ice off my window at home and it was 86 here with about 400% humidity. I would die here in August!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1458398690.239439.jpg

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was trying to imagine what it would be like if I got pulled over in Alabama...with an Oregon drivers license....in a car with South Carolina plates that we rented in Georgia. I had a picture in my mind of my poor wife having to translate for me while I tried to explain the situation to Sherriff Buford T Justice. Fortunately, it didnt happen!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1458399148.399300.jpg

oldupsman

Pretty major culture shock for this Oregon native. My wife had a death in her family, she called me at 4:30 in the afternnoon on Wednesday to tell me that we would be leaving the house at 3:30 AM the following morning in order to catch a 6:30 AM flight from Portland to Atlanta, Georgia and then renting a car to drive to Columbus for the funeral and a reception across the river in Alabama. Its been 35 years since I flew in an airplane and the furthest east I have ever been is Montana, so the last couple of days have been pretty crazy. My wife grew up down here so she is used to the Southern accents and hers came right back. I, on the other hand, can barely understand some of the people. On the plus side, the term "Southern Hospitality" isn't a cliche, its really true. The people down here treat you like you are their best friend, even if they never met you before. And I even ate grits for the first time, at a place called the "Waffle House" which I am told is a requirement for anyone on their first visit to the South. The only thing I dont like is the heat--I was scraping ice off my window at home and it was 86 here with about 400% humidity. I would die here in August!
View attachment 74122

How in the world did an Oregon native who has never been east of Montana end up marrying an Alabama girl.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
View attachment 74122

Not just August....., June through September