How's the view???........

L

Little Brownie Girl

Had to put my 12 year old lab down a year ago yesterday.Still haven't gotten over it.
I am so sorry for your loss and emptiness...know that you have a union with others and I honor your extended family member

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
It is said, "the only gift an animal has to give is the love it leaves behind. Take that love and give it to another animal.".

I had to put down our dog recently. Going to the Vet when he was in good health was so traumatic that he would shake uncontrollably and slobber everywhere.

I couldn't bear to see his last moments in sheer fear so I paid the Vet and an assistant to come to my home where he could pass peacefully. It was the least I could do.

RIP Bizkit.....also known as Booger Bear.

(please expand the post above, before reading my reply)

Glad you mentioned this; I'm confident that many people are not aware of this option.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I had to put one of my cats down last weekend. She was 19 and had started to pee all over the house. I brought her to a shelter----they wouldn't take her but they were kind enough to make a few phone calls to find a local vet who would euthanize her. It was kind of surreal-----I was on my cell phone calling the vet after I left the shelter and within a half hour she had been put down.

(speechless)

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Fiestaware only comes in solid colors and a very distinctive pattern to it. I grew up with my mom having hundreds of Fiestaware pieces so I can spot the stuff a mile a way. She has some of the older stuff that is worth a couple pennies as well. Lead paint and all.

Their pitcher design is a masterpiece (in my opinion).

P0000328494S0048T2.jpg

oldupsman

18 to 27
Some older. Usually out to pasture by 18. Mine was younger, i had 3, sugar was a rescue, i had her when i was 12/13. We wormed her and the infestation was do bad, she died. But in the short time i had her, she was a wonder.
My parents didnt have a lot of $ for a vet, we just thought she needed fed.
I actually won quite a few shows with her, before my neighbor, called a vet in, and decided she needed wormed. And that was it, she got clogged up and died from the poison.

Toonertoo is right we've just had great luck with horses. When my wife and I got together we both had a horse.
Hers was an old Philly police horse that was retired. Most laid back guy you ever saw. She ride him down our country road.
Cars would fly by and he would never even flinch. He lived to be 38. And was healthy right up to 3 days before he passed.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My arabian was raised by an interstate. Nothing scared her. I rode her around in my neighbors fields where i housed her, no saddle, no bridle, just a click or a lean one way or another. She was majestic. True love.

oldngray

nowhere special
My arabian was raised by an interstate. Nothing scared her. I rode her around in my neighbors fields where i housed her, no saddle, no bridle, just a click or a lean one way or another. She was majestic. True love.

I thought Arabians had the reputation of being high strung.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I thought Arabians had the reputation of being high strung.
They do and my parents were afraid. She was not full blood, nor expensive. I think we got her for 35 bucks.
She must have had some appaloosa in her by the markings on her hindquarters. She also had a little sway back, from trying to be broke before she was old enough, so she was only green broke. But I was lite at the time, and rarely rode with a saddle.
She was a gem, and gentle. Unfortunately I had to sell her 3yrs later as my dad got sick and said we could no longer afford her food, even though I helped the people, where I kept her, every year with haying and they gave me the hay and straw for helping.
That was bitter. And I was changed forever the day she was hauled away. But part of me understood, the other part said, I will never get a pet again, If I cannot keep it forever.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am sorry for the loss of your horse and your family dogs....how old was your horse and his/her name?
my first pony was Scout. My dad got it for me, it was a shetland pony, and since it was 17, they thought it would be gentle, NOT. That pony taught me more about riding, or hanging on than any horse I ever rode.
Then I got sugar, skin and bones, and given to me from someone who couldnt take care of her anymore, she was 13.
Then I got Lady Dawn, the white arabian, a true love of my life, she was 3.
Dogs too numerous to mention, but Buster a collie lived to 13, Carrie was a neighbor throw away, doberman, 7 when she picked me, and lived to 13. Tikibelle was between and three, not real sure, a rescue, but she lived to 13/14. So my dogs have pretty good longevity, but never long enough. My baby in my avatar, is 7.5, her name is Bluebelle.