How's the view???........

over9five

Staff member
20180502_114817.jpg

Five ships were at Grand Cayman. One time we were there, there were 7. That's a lot of people!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
On some of my routes I would see entrances and turn-offs and on maps I'd check out my routes and see all kinds of "roads" running through the mountains and read some rumors about different kinds of cool stuff up there like abandoned tunnels and ski resorts. I'd think about how cool it would be in my time off some day to explore this network of roads and trails on an adventure bike and see not only just what's up there, but if everything I see on the map is even actually there.

Today me and a buddy took his Jeep up there and I finally got to see some of it. Found overlooks that sneak up on the turnpike, "driveways" to houses so far in the middle of nowhere I couldn't imagine living in them, some wicked off-roading, and a lot more. Took a couple hours going through it and we only saw a fraction of everything I'd like to see eventually. The pics don't do it justice.

20180510_164439.jpg

20180510_170938.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
On some of my routes I would see entrances and turn-offs and on maps I'd check out my routes and see all kinds of "roads" running through the mountains and read some rumors about different kinds of cool stuff up there like abandoned tunnels and ski resorts. I'd think about how cool it would be in my time off some day to explore this network of roads and trails on an adventure bike and see not only just what's up there, but if everything I see on the map is even actually there.

Today me and a buddy took his Jeep up there and I finally got to see some of it. Found overlooks that sneak up on the turnpike, "driveways" to houses so far in the middle of nowhere I couldn't imagine living in them, some wicked off-roading, and a lot more. Took a couple hours going through it and we only saw a fraction of everything I'd like to see eventually. The pics don't do it justice.

View attachment 192952

View attachment 192951

Sounds like you need a road trip.

Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike - Wikipedia

Be sure to post pictures.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
... and dont get arrested. PA State Troopers patrol these areas on the regular.
We thought about checking out the one today. But judging by the map, the trail we'd need to take was blocked off at the lower end by a gate I saw the last time I was delivering around there and it looked to be the only accessible way. Would be one HELL of a hike. I had thought I saw another way on a satellite image but upon closer inspection it was obstructed by powerlines.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We thought about checking out the one today. But judging by the map, the trail we'd need to take was blocked off at the lower end by a gate I saw the last time I was delivering around there and it looked to be the only accessible way. Would be one HELL of a hike. I had thought I saw another way on a satellite image but upon closer inspection it was obstructed by powerlines.

It once got into my head to check out an abandoned section of PA 61 near the town of Centralia. Cop was sitting a few hundred feet down the road just waiting on ppl. I just kept it moving lol.