I can’t keep quiet anymore

HarryWarden

The part-timers also forget that this is the only job on a planet where they get good health care benefits with no cost and a pension
Tell me what other private sector employer offers that?
Agreed, it’s an amazing job I feel blessed to have. I’m just pointing out that part time wages started out amazing (with those same benefits you mentioned) and stagnated for decades

HarryWarden

you guys always talk about how part time not meant to support a family or whatever, and while that’s true, it used to be because of the smaller hours, not the huge reduction in wage

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Crazy to hate those who load your trucks at 4am every morning. You should start waking up at 3am and load 3 trucks before you head out for a 8-10hr day. Spend all your time at work. You ungrateful POS.
Don't take it personal. Some retirees seem to lead such a pitiful life that all they can up with during the day is getting on an internet forum and belittling others to make themselves feel a little better about themselves. Sad actually.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Yeah. There’s only a 2 and a half YEAR wait to become a driver at my warehouse. UPS would be nothing without their part timers. It’d crumble fast.
That's not bad, there are a lot of folks who are part time for 6 or 7 years before they get the chance to go full time.

Chry_bmb

Part Time Enthusiast
That's not bad, there are a lot of folks who are part time for 6 or 7 years before they get the chance to go full time.
People act like there’s full time positions open 24/7 and there isn’t. I’m perfectly happy being part time, and I make decent money. I’m just saying it’s bull:censored2: to bitch about the part timers when UPS would legitimately crumble and struggle greatly without them.

O3uTvHd6Y4g0mfIae1 (1).gif

Chry_bmb

Part Time Enthusiast
Just a heads up, 90% of those types of posts are just messing around and looking to get a rise out of new comers.

No one here actually hates part timers. There may be some disagreements on things about part timers but it's the same with how lots of people feel about Drivers as well.

Take a deep breath and welcome to Brown Cafe.
View attachment 485836
Yeah I couldn’t imagine how much of a :censored2: show UPS would be without part timers. The turnover rate would be insane I’d be willing to bet. Just a bunch of old grumps who take their help for granted. I’m going on my second year at UPS. I’m always one of the first ones done loading, my trucks are typically pretty nice and organized. I’ve actually gotten compliments from other coworkers and sups for my work. I know how hard warehouse workers work, so it upsets me a bit to see people saying such trash and untrue statements about us. I fully plan to become a driver, and I have great respect for my drivers. I recognize their job isn’t easy, but that doesn’t mean ours is. Thank you for the welcome, been snoopin for a bit using it for day off codes n such. Figured I’d make an account finally.