I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

They always do, but the law is still the law, and fraud is fraud and is illegal. If there is no will to uphold the law, then what good are regulations going to do? If they fine a corporation, that corporation will pass the cost along to employees and customers. Regulators could revoke whatever licensure the company has to conduct their business, but that will also hurt the employees and customers more than the people actually responsible. When members of corporation (executive staff or board of directors, etc.) commits fraud (or any other crime), the person(s) responsible should not only face prison time, their personal wealth should be accessible for reparations.
ralph nader says weve had a corporate crime wave for decades now. theres not nearly enough law enforcement on the corporate crime beat. i forget what else.

the executives should have seen jail time like they did in the 80s.

rickyb

1. Ajamu Baraka‏Verified account @ajamubaraka 2h2 hours ago

Y'all talking about Timberlake's performance at the super bowl but the real obscenity was on the eve of the 50th anniversary of Dr. King assassination, Kings voice is used to sell a damn truck. A message approved by ( with pay of course) by the King family.

2. Aaron Maté‏Verified account @aaronjmate 13h13 hours ago

Did I really just see a real Hyundai ad exploiting cancer to sell cars or did someone make that as ultimate satire of capitalism

rickyb

german workers went on strike and got 4.3% pay raise and this. notice how they currently work only 35 hours. very enlightening. i wonder how much UPS workers work in germany:

Workers will be able to reduce their weekly hours from 35 to 28 for up to two years to look after their families.

Germans win work-life balance dispute

german workers went on strike and got 4.3% pay raise and this. notice how they currently work only 35 hours. very enlightening. i wonder how much UPS workers work in germany:

Workers will be able to reduce their weekly hours from 35 to 28 for up to two years to look after their families.

Germans win work-life balance dispute
We have family leave that can give time off as needed. Their pay raise isn’t much.

rickyb

We have family leave that can give time off as needed. Their pay raise isn’t much.
how many hours a week are you working at UPS.

how much reduced weekly hours could you get in a row to ``look after your family``.

germans have one of the greatest economies in teh world and german workers would likely be appaulled at americas economic policies and are probably wonder how a country that won WWII got so :censored2:ed up.

El Correcto

god is dead

how much reduced weekly hours could you get in a row to ``look after your family``.

germans have one of the greatest economies in teh world and german workers would likely be appaulled at americas economic policies and are probably wonder how a country that won WWII got so :censored2:ed up.
Our GDP is around 5 times that of Germany’s. My wage is about 3 times the average household income in Germany.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Who cares? They lost. We won.

El Correcto

god is dead

I’m not arguing with you the hours are long and I wish our 9.5 did more. But if I didn’t think it was worth it, I’d be gone.

rickyb

I’m not arguing with you the hours are long and I wish our 9.5 did more. But if I didn’t think it was worth it, I’d be gone.
for sure, im just saying the german policies are more in line with the rest of the developed world whereas america stands on its own with no guaranteed vacation, materinity leave, healthcare, etc.

personally, i would try american healthcare, but im guessing i couldnt afford it, and would therefore leave the country. ditto for many workers with that kind of perspective.

rickyb

Our GDP is around 5 times that of Germany’s. My wage is about 3 times the average household income in Germany.
i remember hearing a famous economist talking about the difference in incomes between american and french workers and he said the only reason americans make a little bit more is because they work so much more.

also, when you factor in what americans have to spend on things like healthcare, and college, then you suddenly have a lower standard of living than many other developed countries, which im sure is also true.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i remember hearing a famous economist talking about the difference in incomes between american and french workers and he said the only reason americans make a little bit more is because they work so much more.

also, when you factor in what americans have to spend on things like healthcare, and college, then you suddenly have a lower standard of living than many other developed countries, which im sure is also true.
you do know how far the worlds advanced because of capitalism right

El Correcto

god is dead
for sure, im just saying the german policies are more in line with the rest of the developed world whereas america stands on its own with no guaranteed vacation, materinity leave, healthcare, etc.

personally, i would try american healthcare, but im guessing i couldnt afford it, and would therefore leave the country. ditto for many workers with that kind of perspective.
Government has done great in healthcare so far, let’s give them more power.

rickyb

you do know how far the worlds advanced because of capitalism right
yea but its only in some aspects. if you believe in global warming and believe in mass extinction of humans, then you also believe that capitalism is largely responsible.

so if you compare that with capitalisms innovations, then id say were probably at a loss because of capitalism.

i think its a superficial kind of achievement, but if you look a little deeper we see that it didnt work anymore than russian `communism`` did.

rickyb

Government has done great in healthcare so far, let’s give them more power.
i dont think the biggest corporations believe in ``free markets`` anymore than government does.

and im not convinced either. i definitely dont think getting rid of the FED and having free markets is going to bring utopia.