I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

UPS taking heat for dirt wages:

Rania Khalek‏Verified account @RaniaKhalek

Rania Khalek Retweeted CNN

The real story here is low wages in the US. This man worked at UPS. Seven months of work wasn’t enough for him to afford a car to get him there.

Rania Khalek added,

DV8PPZ_WkAM2dJt.jpg

CNNVerified account @CNN
This single dad walked 11 miles to work every day for seven long months. When his co-workers found out, they came together to buy him a car A single dad walked 11 miles to work every day -- until his co-workers found out - CNN
2:09 PM - 13 Feb 2018
default_profile_normal.png
Tweet text Rania Khalek‏Verified account @RaniaKhalek 51m51 minutes

It’s infuriating when you consider the CEO of UPS prob makes more in a week than this guy will make all year.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

From the article:

"As Afghan officials sought to raise interest in Afghanistan with the incoming U.S. administration earlier this year, they pushed the idea of the mineral reserves."

The Afghans want our help developing their mining industry. The "stealing" is being done by small Afghan outfits exploiting small deposits of minerals off the books. So the government is not getting the taxes from that activity that they could use to invest in the infrastructure needed to boost their economy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
From the article:

"As Afghan officials sought to raise interest in Afghanistan with the incoming U.S. administration earlier this year, they pushed the idea of the mineral reserves."

The Afghans want our help developing their mining industry. The "stealing" is being done by small Afghan outfits exploiting small deposits of minerals off the books. So the government is not getting the taxes from that activity that they could use to invest in the infrastructure needed to boost their economy.
The government we installed wants our help, what a coincidence.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The government we installed wants our help, what a coincidence.

It's just like the first time around. If we don't help them get on their feet we will just see history repeat itself. We need to create a mutually beneficial situation if Afghanistan is ever going to have a chance to move beyond 3rd world status.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's just like the first time around. If we don't help them get on their feet we will just see history repeat itself. We need to create a mutually beneficial situation if Afghanistan is ever going to have a chance to move beyond 3rd world status.
Ya they should thank us for all our good intentions in the region lol.

Wkmac was posting on here about these mineral deposits and the real reasons for our presence there years ago. I do find it funny all the recent articles on it seem to imply it's because of the Trump administration though. Typical politics.

rickyb

3 americans now have more wealth than the bottom 160 million americans.

i was watching this interview with cornel west and a conservative and the conservative was very much in favor of worker coops as a new economy.

rickyb

the mass shootings are sad, i forgot how many people die every year because of it relative to the other leading preventable causes of death in america, so we should know the facts before we get too excited over the media spectacle.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Communism is a bullpie utopian idealist dream invented by flakes and fruit flies. If you doubt me, try working in Vietnam for a year. Beautiful country, and most the people are happy, but their freedoms are reduced to sharing different flavors of beans with their neighbors

rickyb

Communism is a bullpie utopian idealist dream invented by flakes and fruit flies. If you doubt me, try working in Vietnam for a year. Beautiful country, and most the people are happy, but their freedoms are reduced to sharing different flavors of beans with their neighbors
state communism has alot in common with capitalism.

and im sure vietnams predicament has nothing to do with the french or american criminal invasions.

SolidWoodPanel

state communism has alot in common with capitalism.

and im sure vietnams predicament has nothing to do with the french or american criminal invasions.
You're a strange guy rickyb. A snowflake for sure. Maybe you should proposition your neighbors, or the people in your apartment building. I am sure they will jump all over the opportunity to share income, clothing, food, etc. Oh, and if 2-3 of them are unemployed, it won't matter. They're entitled to the same amount and economic enjoyment as you or anyone else.

rickyb

You're a strange guy rickyb. A snowflake for sure. Maybe you should proposition your neighbors, or the people in your apartment building. I am sure they will jump all over the opportunity to share income, clothing, food, etc. Oh, and if 2-3 of them are unemployed, it won't matter. They're entitled to the same amount and economic enjoyment as you or anyone else.
im not talking about that.

and btw i think its strange people who think theyre "free" when they follow orders all day.

SolidWoodPanel

im not talking about that.

and btw i think its strange people who think theyre "free" when they follow orders all day.

What exactly are these orders? I'm operating daily under no pretenses of "Freedom." Freedom is a masquerade in organized societies. People are bound by social contracts and indoctrinated into them as children because its passed unto them from their parents, and other influential social circle members. I'm free to not drive into work on Monday. I'm free to not call out. I might lose my job because of it as a consequence, but so what. My superiors are free to make the decision to replace me.

If you're purely talking about Capitalism being a means for exploiting people. Sure, I agree with that. But from the master in charge, he doesn't see it that way. The master is using leverage as a means of making profit, making the most beneficial deals one can make. But Communism is by no means any better because people need figureheads for unification, for inspiration/motivation, etc. And for taking on the burden of the masses they are rewarded for it. And ultimately most are corrupted by it, and while they won't suffer, those on the bottom rung will.

And if you want to take money(i.e., compensation) out of the equation, then you go ahead and research what happened before it existed. We'd go Mad Max within 50 years.

While I wouldn't be against having a cap on someone's income or overall net worth, or even a much closer wealth disparity as there is in many Japanese companies, I don't hate the fact that a person can spend an exorbitant amount of money on some otherwise simple pleasure because they will look to hire a truly talented person and enable them to fulfill their artistic potential

rickyb

What exactly are these orders? I'm operating daily under no pretenses of "Freedom." Freedom is a masquerade in organized societies. People are bound by social contracts and indoctrinated into them as children because its passed unto them from their parents, and other influential social circle members. I'm free to not drive into work on Monday. I'm free to not call out. I might lose my job because of it as a consequence, but so what. My superiors are free to make the decision to replace me.

If you're purely talking about Capitalism being a means for exploiting people. Sure, I agree with that. But from the master in charge, he doesn't see it that way. The master is using leverage as a means of making profit, making the most beneficial deals one can make. But Communism is by no means any better because people need figureheads for unification, for inspiration/motivation, etc. And for taking on the burden of the masses they are rewarded for it. And ultimately most are corrupted by it, and while they won't suffer, those on the bottom rung will.

And if you want to take money(i.e., compensation) out of the equation, then you go ahead and research what happened before it existed. We'd go Mad Max within 50 years.

While I wouldn't be against having a cap on someone's income or overall net worth, or even a much closer wealth disparity as there is in many Japanese companies, I don't hate the fact that a person can spend an exorbitant amount of money on some otherwise simple pleasure because they will look to hire a truly talented person and enable them to fulfill their artistic potential
were going mad max with our current system

yea im talking about worker control, not taking orders from government or capitalists.

im talking about more political referendums / direct democracy, and less respresentative democracy.