I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Global Trade Watch‏ @PCGTW 1m1 minute ago

Trade deficit has spiked in Trump’s first year and the same failed trade policies he attacked as a candidate are still in place. Outsourcing continues and promised actions remain undone. http://nyti.ms/2saio0x

DXSdn6DU0AEZUYv.png

Could it simply be a supply and demand issue? With the economy tripping over itself for so long. Then all of a sudden, nothing is tripping it. Now the Fed is caught with its pants down.

rickyb

Could it simply be a supply and demand issue? With the economy tripping over itself for so long. Then all of a sudden, nothing is tripping it. Now the Fed is caught with its pants down.
the economy still sucks under trump. wait till the depression / recession hits.

us-trade-deficit-500w300h.png

the economy still sucks under trump. wait till the depression / recession hits.

us-trade-deficit-500w300h.png
You could be waiting your whole life. Meanwhile being left behind by the economy. Wait, that is exactly what the people you follow are telling you to do.

recession is coming in next few years.
Recessions come and go. You can’t stop your life because a recession is coming. If you do, you will be affected by them all.

The last recession I recall affecting my family was in the early 70’s. I am told we looking for a new house in the 60K range at the time, but settled for one at 35K.

Recessions are buying opportunities.

rickyb

Recessions come and go. You can’t stop your life because a recession is coming. If you do, you will be affected by them all.

The last recession I recall affecting my family was in the early 70’s. I am told we looking for a new house in the 60K range at the time, but settled for one at 35K.

Recessions are buying opportunities.
people are usually affected by recessions in some way whether they are well off or not. alot of americans werent as fortunate as you last time it happened.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
im glad you figured that out.

the low unionization rate in america is a sign most americans know very little about economics.

That's what gets me, people want the government to set wage floors, which make it more and more difficult for anyone to enter the workforce, but they don't want to unionize and bargain for better wages for everyone. I guess there are those who want neither minimum wages nor unions, but they're usually business owners and workers who are happy being underpaid.

people are usually affected by recessions in some way whether they are well off or not. alot of americans werent as fortunate as you last time it happened.
I was not fortunate, and I won’t be fortunate next time. But I will be buying again. People with your “poor mans” mentality and poor decision making had it bad.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's what gets me, people want the government to set wage floors, which make it more and more difficult for anyone to enter the workforce, but they don't want to unionize and bargain for better wages for everyone. I guess there are those who want neither minimum wages nor unions, but they're usually business owners and workers who are happy being underpaid.
Many people perceive Unions as another form of government.
For instance, I don't like Home Owners Associations myself.