I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

That's what gets me, people want the government to set wage floors, which make it more and more difficult for anyone to enter the workforce, but they don't want to unionize and bargain for better wages for everyone. I guess there are those who want neither minimum wages nor unions, but they're usually business owners and workers who are happy being underpaid.
ive talked about this before saying the government (and business) makes it hard for workers to unionize, so its not just lack of economic knowledge on workers part.

rickyb

Many people perceive Unions as another form of government.
For instance, I don't like Home Owners Associations myself.
it really is. unions set rules like governments. employers also set rules. and then the question becomes how democratic was the process?

Last edited:

rickyb

I was not fortunate, and I won’t be fortunate next time. But I will be buying again. People with your “poor mans” mentality and poor decision making had it bad.
yea your absolutely right, everyone got what they deserved last time. ;)

rickyb

i hope i get another voluntary lay off when the recession / depression hits canada;

Steve Saretsky‏ @SteveSaretsky 2h2 hours ago

Canada's FIRE sector (Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate) made up 23% of GDP in 2017, above the United States peak of 21.5% in 2009.

DXkHb4UVoAYQizc.jpg

i hope i get another voluntary lay off when the recession / depression hits canada;

Canada's FIRE sector (Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate) made up 23% of GDP in 2017, above the United States peak of 21.5% in 2009.

DXkHb4UVoAYQizc.jpg
Another blanket statement that doesn’t show real statistics. Did you check these statistics? Please take out all related industries and show the real housing stat. 2009 was not the peak of us housing.

Canada’s housing market corrected for a fourth consecutive month in July, led by the cooling in Ontario. Yet the declines appear to be moderating, as the 2.1-per-cent monthly drop in nationwide home resales marked a significant moderation from the 6.4-per-cent average rate of decline in the previous two months.

https://www.google.com/amp/business...bubble-has-ceased-without-a-crash-landing/amp

Hogue acknowledged that the dramatic drop in Greater Toronto Area home resale activity during the past four months doesn’t look like a soft landing, as the 44-per-cent (seasonally adjusted) dip since March is not far from the 48-per-cent plunge seen between December 2007 and December 2008.

DXkHb4UVoAYQizc.jpg
Global Housing Markets Are ‘Slowing Sharply.’ Is Canada Next?

January 2018

A new "stress test" for borrowers of traditional mortgages comes into effect this month, and it's expected to reduce homebuyers' purchasing power by about 21 per cent. The Bank of Canada estimates that the new rule will disqualify about one in 10 prospective homebuyers.

rickyb

Another blanket statement that doesn’t show real statistics. Did you check these statistics? Please take out all related industries and show the real housing stat. 2009 was not the peak of us housing.
peak FIRE sector not just housing. if its wrong you can show me otherwise.