I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

In the state of Washington, I’m sure there is. What else do you want to do?
what i liked about vegas was 4x4 off roading including jumps on a track, renting a sports car and racing it, lake mead, hoover dam, red rock, and all the stuff on the strip. i think the location is better too its near LA, grand canyon, and death valley.

vantexan

what i liked about vegas was 4x4 off roading including jumps on a track, renting a sports car and racing it, lake mead, hoover dam, red rock, and all the stuff on the strip. i think the location is better too its near LA, grand canyon, and death valley.
I was stationed at Nellis AFB just north of Vegas. Living there and visiting are two different things. The heat gets old and in March the winds kick up so much dust it looks like night at noon. But definitely a place that's never boring. I love the desert mountains but prefer the AZ/California border and southern Utah.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You don’t buy/borrow on many properties, do you? Cash buyers has come down from about 27.7% last year to about 27% this year. I would hardly call that nobody. It has taken nearly 10 years of falling rates to get where we are. Low inventory has been also been a large factor the last couple years.
80 percent of residential sales are on borrowed money, and it would be much higher if you take out real estate investors.

If you don't think low rates increased home prices you're living in a dream world.

rickyb

I was stationed at Nellis AFB just north of Vegas. Living there and visiting are two different things. The heat gets old and in March the winds kick up so much dust it looks like night at noon. But definitely a place that's never boring. I love the desert mountains but prefer the AZ/California border and southern Utah.
vegas also had stunt plane rentals although it was overpriced compared to LA

obviously vegas is too hot several months a year, but ill take that over seattles weather. i think i spend a dollar or $2 a day on hand warmers.

80 percent of residential sales are on borrowed money, and it would be much higher if you take out real estate investors.

If you don't think low rates increased home prices you're living in a dream world.
I am not totally disagreeing with you. 2012 had some of the lowest rates and much, much lower prices. But there is a bigger picture. I cannot get top dollar for a house with 1974 decor. I may not even be able to sale at all at a reasonable price.

Rising rates will slow down sales and pricing, but over time they will level out. Just as it took time for low rates to get rid of excess inventory. Bottom line is that it doesn’t matter as long as you can afford what you buy. Compare your cost to the cost of renting a similar property.

vegas also had stunt plane rentals although it was overpriced compared to LA

obviously vegas is too hot several months a year, but ill take that over seattles weather. i think i spend a dollar or $2 a day on hand warmers.
I’ve got a couple places in Vegas I’m thinking of selling. Probably too high end for you. I sold the low end stuff a couple years ago