Irregular workers preload... stories

Phughes2

Someone who reaps union benefits but doesent pay dues
How’s that
Are you angry because your state doesn’t allow you to choose? I mean I totally understand if that’s why you’re angry, but I mean they gave me a choice and I chose more money in my pocket who wouldn’t?

I do donate 40 bucks a month to United way though cause my city is a :censored2: hole so I mean it’s not like I’m a horrible person like you are making me out to be

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Are you angry because your state doesn’t allow you to choose? I mean I totally understand if that’s why you’re angry, but I mean they gave me a choice and I chose more money in my pocket who wouldn’t?

I do donate 40 bucks a month to United way though cause my city is a :censored2: hole so I mean it’s not like I’m a horrible person like you are making me out to be

not sure if you are a horrible person or not don’t care

what I do know is you are a scab and a freeloader

watdaflock?

I wonder how many people who call other UPS employees "scabs" will vote for Trump. If Trump is reelected, all of America will become right to work.

Ackerlin

Wait hold up, you're telling me that you are not a teamster, but work in the hub as an hourly? Didnt even know that was a thing, but if it is,then those loaders who are getting chances to drive over you is justified, you are considered an outside hire.

UPSER1987

Anyone else feel like you get screwed on a daily basis? I’ve been doing Irregs for almost 4 years on preload and I’ve had 6 different guys as my help during that time. I feel like they are skipping over me for better positions due to the unreliability of the position, fearing if they lose me they won’t have anyone that can handle it.
Lol, easiest job on the preload!

542thruNthru

Wait hold up, you're telling me that you are not a teamster, but work in the hub as an hourly? Didnt even know that was a thing, but if it is,then those loaders who are getting chances to drive over you is justified, you are considered an outside hire.
It's called a right to work state. They do not have to pay dues but get all the benefits provided by and fought for by the union. He will never admit to that because if he did he'd have to admit to being a thieving low life piece of :censored2:.

542thruNthru

You are a horrible person. You complain that the company isn't following seniority and you're being skipped over for driving. Only reason they have to follow seniority is because of the union and the contract they negotiated that you refuse to support and pay your fair share.

Again go die in a alley scab.

JJinVA

When I was working preload, the preload union steward told me "If I was you, I wouldnt bother joining the union until you go driving. If you friend* up, the union will likely fight for you to get your job back and at that point you might want to go ahead and join, but other than that, wait til you go driving". That was from a steward...

542thruNthru

When I was working preload, the preload union steward told me "If I was you, I wouldnt bother joining the union until you go driving. If you friend* up, the union will likely fight for you to get your job back and at that point you might want to go ahead and join, but other than that, wait til you go driving". That was from a steward...
SMH...

JJinVA

I still ended up joining about a month before I went driving. But I was too hard of a worker to ever worry about getting friend'd with. Management always leaned on me when they were running behind because they knew I could unload 100% in 34 minutes just to do it. But its such a small percentage of the check that even in preload its only like $4

Box Ox

I’m a hard worker who chooses to back my job with my own hard work and consistency.
Anyone else feel like you get screwed on a daily basis? I’ve been doing Irregs for almost 4 years on preload and I’ve had 6 different guys as my help during that time. I feel like they are skipping over me for better positions due to the unreliability of the position, fearing if they lose me they won’t have anyone that can handle it.

Answered your own question. Your excessive effort will get you nothing but more work with fewer resources and more bodily wear and tear. I wish I hadn’t been the same way as a preloader.

542thruNthru

I still ended up joining about a month before I went driving. But I was too hard of a worker to ever worry about getting friend'd with. Management always leaned on me when they were running behind because they knew I could unload 100% in 34 minutes just to do it. But its such a small percentage of the check that even in preload its only like $4
That's the problem though. Everyone only focuses on what has the union done for me lately. Not what they have already done or will be doing in the future.

It's not just about them helping you not get fired.

JJinVA

That's the problem though. Everyone only focuses on what has the union done for me lately. Not what they have already done or will be doing in the future.

It's not just about them helping you not get fired.

I want to believe that, but Im just not sure that I do. Ive seen our stewards bend over backwards to lick managements jacobs before. If I had a problem, out of the 4 stewards at our center, I would only ever go to one of them. And if he wasnt there, Id go to other drivers before I went to the other three. Thats kinda sad

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

It’s not even about being friend’d with or not. I’ve never been fired from a job and I doubt I would have had any problems keeping my job at UPS even without a union. But you better believe they would be paying us the same as Amazon or less if there wasn’t a union to negotiate for us. Yeah the union has its own problems but all the years of union dues paid are the reason there is still anybody to negotiate for us.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
irreg cart and smalls
What about scanners at the unload?
you have to actually unload too, it's not a position.

Honestly the "you are replacable" line works but it really does destroy their operation training new people to replace you. Like 2 weeks minimum of pure chaos unless it's a slow period.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you ask for assistance for every heavy package over 70?