Is anyone following Wisconsin?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Back on topic....missing Dems.

2j0mrg8.jpg

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Congratulations - you lose.

"For the record, I'd happily take a deal wherein the collective bargaining rights of public workers were weakened but private workers were given card check and the other labor-law reforms needed to create some semblance of fair elections. But that deal is not on the table. For a variety of reasons -- some relating to international competition, some to the changing nature of the American economy, some relating to political decisions -- private-sector unions have been all but destroyed in recent decades. In fact, it's the opposite of the deal on the table, which, by weakening public-sector unions, would accelerate the destruction of private-sector unions."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2011/02/you_cant_separate_public_and_p.html

brett636

Congratulations - you lose.

"For the record, I'd happily take a deal wherein the collective bargaining rights of public workers were weakened but private workers were given card check and the other labor-law reforms needed to create some semblance of fair elections. But that deal is not on the table. For a variety of reasons -- some relating to international competition, some to the changing nature of the American economy, some relating to political decisions -- private-sector unions have been all but destroyed in recent decades. In fact, it's the opposite of the deal on the table, which, by weakening public-sector unions, would accelerate the destruction of private-sector unions."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2011/02/you_cant_separate_public_and_p.html

Someone elses opinion doesn't change the fact that public sector unions are an unholy alliance of state workers and politicians against the taxpayer. I agree with FDR on this one, public sector unions have no place in government.

1timepu

Public Unions Do not represent the Tax paying citizen, yet Tax paying citizens pay the salaries of the people who belong to public Unions, so why wouldn't the Tax paying citizen then have a voice in how much or less they should be compensated?

1timepu

U keep Bringing in the PRIVATE Union but no where is it mentioned, except from the left propaganda media outlet's, and u Hubrat and TechGirl have brought no proof that the Republican's are coming after private Union's, again show me the bill number or stop posting fictitious post!

1timepu

As much as I enjoy listening to Lt. Col. Allen west lets not turn this into a youtube debate. Hubrat has made it abundantly clear that he has lost this debate on a rational, logical, and factual basis and has therefore denigrated himself to posting youtube videos on a different topic in order to derail this thread and hide his own failings. Lets not allow him to do this by keeping this thread where it should be and that is supporting Governor Walker and his quest to end public sector unions in his state.

Sorry Brett just wanted to show Hubrat what common sense look's like

1timepu

Cmon stop with the George Soros funded sites media matters is a Joke. And what Media matters is saying is that even tho 35% is higher then some states that 35% is ok what a joke 35 % of 8th grade Wisconsin students can read so its ok for 35% to what about the other 65% is guess it's ok for them to fail so typical for lib's!

washington57

Some of you are missing the point.. what is happening in WI right now is very bad for all union members- public and private. If Walker succeeds then it will set a precedent. Walker is trying to kill public sector unions. Your govt agreed to pay those wages the union just did their job. The govt needs to learn how to negotiate like UPS does instead of making promises it can't keep.

I don't think government workers are overpaid. I think government is too big, personally I would rather see layoffs than the right to collective bargaining stripped away.

island1fox

Some of you are missing the point.. what is happening in WI right now is very bad for all union members- public and private. If Walker succeeds then it will set a precedent. Walker is trying to kill public sector unions. Your govt agreed to pay those wages the union just did their job. The govt needs to learn how to negotiate like UPS does instead of making promises it can't keep.

I don't think government workers are overpaid. I think government is too big, personally I would rather see layoffs than the right to collective bargaining stripped away.

Washington,
Take off the union blinders for a moment. YOU have missed the MAJOR point.
The politicians do not want to learn about negotiating like UPS because they have been PURCHASED and must pay back the public unions . This is where the true problem lies.
UPS negotiates with shareowners money.
Politicians throw away YOUR money !!! It is money laundering --union dues= polical contributions =payment back to union with more of YOUR money.
If we did not use the word "union" you would easily see the system is rigged !!!

1timepu

First off there is a big difference between Private and public unions, there should have been NO Public unions! Mind u that this is only a prob in the blue states, who is protecting the tax payer??? and what power does the Government to negotiate? specially when Democrats are doing the Negotiating hence the blue states which are most in debt,Yes the democrat government Agreed to pay those wages, not the constituents! Hence the reason of the BLOODBATH last November 2nd. I do agree with u about Government being to big, and over compensated and on top of that I would like to layoff's in the Government.