Is anyone following Wisconsin?

804brown

Ok Hubrat gloves are Off First off I am A Feeder drv Teamster here in NJ, I live IN pa, cus I cant afford to Live In NJ anymore!!! Second I belong to Lehigh Valley Tea Party! The racist card played on the tea party is bogus!!! If ANYBODY IS racist LOOK AT THE democrats look at the policies they have had in these American cities which have been run by Democrats for ever NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Camden NJ, Trenton NJ, Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Kansas City, Cleveland, Gary Indiana, And states NJ NY California, Wisconsin,Massachusetts,Vermont, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, why is that those cities have urban areas the Minority's have been stuck there since the 60's??????? Why is those states and I prob missed some, Have high Debt?????? Where as http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/25/democratic-states-bad-financial-shape-personal-finance-blue.html Why Hubrat the Demorcrats are drowning this country in Debt!

So you are a union guy?? With all the pro-corporate bias and being so misinformed, I assumed you were management. Incredible! How a union guy can turn on his brothers and sisters in need in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana is beyond me. It is members like you that weaken unions and allows corporations to rule the world ! Which side are you on!!!!!!!!Shame on you!

804brown

Public Unions Do not represent the Tax paying citizen, yet Tax paying citizens pay the salaries of the people who belong to public Unions, so why wouldn't the Tax paying citizen then have a voice in how much or less they should be compensated?

These public service union members are also the tax payers of Wisconsin. Why are you trying to deny them a decent standard of living?? Stop the jealousy. Just because THEY have decent wages and benefits?? Its the union busting governor and his puppet masters that want working people at each others throats fighting amongst ourselves instead of directing our rightful anger at the people responsible for our anger and insecurity: corporate America and Wall st. They want hostility towards these public unions because some of the working class people see so few possiblities for their lives that they are hopeless and sort of say "you have something that i dont have, therefore i dont want you to have it either". It is that mentality that feeds the race to the botom. We have to stop attacking each other. They are our neighbors and brothers and cousins doing these public jobs. Stop being jealous and get off your ass and fight for something better too YOURSELF!!

bbsam

Staff member
Now don't get me wrong. I'm for the union members in Wisconsin. But to unions in general I just have to ask: Where have you been? I see you in the streets now that the assault is head-on and unrelenting, but companies and government has been positioning for this for years. Being with Fedex I can honestly say I have never seen an attempt at organizing. It seem like unions, public and private simply got complacent and now they are in a fight for any kind of relevance remaining. Might be time for the private unions to jump in to support as well. I know people on the right still insist it's only the public unions, but I just can't see them stopping there.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Now don't get me wrong. I'm for the union members in Wisconsin. But to unions in general I just have to ask: Where have you been? I see you in the streets now that the assault is head-on and unrelenting, but companies and government has been positioning for this for years. Being with Fedex I can honestly say I have never seen an attempt at organizing. It seem like unions, public and private simply got complacent and now they are in a fight for any kind of relevance remaining. Might be time for the private unions to jump in to support as well. I know people on the right still insist it's only the public unions, but I just can't see them stopping there.

I agree. That's exactly why I was passing the Making Unions Matter Again article around so fervently.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
So you are a union guy?? With all the pro-corporate bias and being so misinformed, I assumed you were management. Incredible! How a union guy can turn on his brothers and sisters in need in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana is beyond me. It is members like you that weaken unions and allows corporations to rule the world ! Which side are you on!!!!!!!!Shame on you!

He's a real enigma alright. All I know is we were having a pretty mature discussion about the issue and along comes 1timepu @ 142 with his attacks on liberalism, "idiot democrats" and he even called teamsters idiots. The conversation has since deteriorated and we have lost a few good folks. I am sorry for my reactions to this guy that contrubuted to the deterioration but he is a real Flamer.

1timepu

The Teamsters are nothing more then crook's I prefer TDU, I do not support public union's at all it causes my taxes to go up. No it's member's like you who support current Teamster leadership, I know who put the food on my table and it's UPS without them there would be no Teamster's, 74$ a month for what? I should be getting Health care form the teamsters with that kind of money but noooooo, My local takes in 3 million a year what the friend they do with it!! I have a pet peeve of people who make a living off of MY MONEY I Make u have a problem with that?