Is anyone following Wisconsin?

moreluck

golden ticket member
They claim to be working now.....You call UPS on Monday and tell them you'll be working from home and see what happens.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When are they going to do the job they were elected to?
I haven't seen any polls from their respective districts, but as long as their constituencies support what they are doing then you can make the case that they are doing their jobs.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I haven't seen any polls from their respective districts, but as long as their constituencies support what they are doing then you can make the case that they are doing their jobs.

That's gonna be some split. I am looking for polls...

"EAGLE RIVER, WI – Members of the Vilas County Republicans met Monday evening, February 21, 2011, and voted unanimously to condemn our Senator, Jim Holperin, for leaving the Senate floor, vacating the Wisconsin State Capitol, and for fleeing to Illinois."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not sold on the results of this poll (primarily because Dick Morris is involved), but assuming that it's accurate then the people of Wisconsin support the economic changes in this bill but oppose the union busting portions. Given that the Unions have already signaled their willingness to accept the economic changes wouldn't it make sense to compromise and give the people what they want?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I'm not sold on the results of this poll (primarily because Dick Morris is involved), but assuming that it's accurate then the people of Wisconsin support the economic changes in this bill but oppose the union busting portions. Given that the Unions have already signaled their willingness to accept the economic changes wouldn't it make sense to compromise and give the people what they want?

Most definitely, but the governor and his $upporter$ seem to have a different kind of "sense".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I thought I heard that the Dick Morris's poll is only like 550 people......(Laura Ingram said) such a small number!!

bluehdmc

Senators or Representatives going into hiding is nothing new, this happened in Texas a few years ago to protest redistricting. There it was the Republicans who fled the capitol because they feared the redistricting would reduce their numbers.