Is UPS crying Poor (underfunded non-union retirement) for more major takeaways?

Coldworld

Go give your wife a big hug... tell her you are sorry for being such a d bag the last few weeks.... maybe you'll get lucky tonite

A

Article 3

You completely missed the point.
I think UPS is hiring more drivers off the street than through P/T Union bidders.
I guess you weren't aware of that and missed the point ... but you appear a Union Man so expected.
Uh, I think you both missed the point of my post and that point was to deflect the whole assertion that the NY management guy erroneous tried to correct Mr Wide Load.
I believe that every hourly employee in their building, hub, or center should have the right to sign up to qualify for a full-time job before ANYONE off the street gets a shot at a full time position. Every hourly employee should have more rights than Joe blow on the street.
Mr. Wide Load is sticking up for all current hourly employees in his operation because they are just that, current employees...with rights and they've put in their time supporting the company.
Like I just posted, off the street hires should only be a viable option when ALL of the current hourly employees are afforded the right to move up.
It's not about Unionism, it's about first come first serve. The "Joe Union" slap is childish.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
O :censored2:, its contract year. Let's spend millions and millions and buy land , buildings, planes , more planes, cargo fleets of planes , more buildings, more land, millions on "intovation " and "automation " and tell union we can't afford it after year after year of record profits....yAwN

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Uh, I think you both missed the point of my post and that point was to deflect the whole assertion that the NY management guy erroneous tried to correct Mr Wide Load.
I believe that every hourly employee in their building, hub, or center should have the right to sign up to qualify for a full-time job before ANYONE off the street gets a shot at a full time position. Every hourly employee should have more rights than Joe blow on the street.
Mr. Wide Load is sticking up for all current hourly employees in his operation because they are just that, current employees...with rights and they've put in their time supporting the company.
Like I just posted, off the street hires should only be a viable option when ALL of the current hourly employees are afforded the right to move up.
It's not about Unionism, it's about first come first serve. The "Joe Union" slap is childish.
No, you just missed the point. LOL